Sister disaster

Hospital Happiness

“Taeyeon-ah, I have to tell you what happened on my date today. I totally…” With a smiling face you burst through the bed room door, but the sight meeting you inside room made your smile evaporate in a second. “Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon was lying motionless on the floor. You knelt beside her and shook her shoulder. No reaction. You shook it again, harder this time. Taeyeon was still not reacting. Panic started to poison your insides.

“Taeyeon. Taeyeon!” You yelled. “OMMA!”

 

Your mother came stumbling through the door.

“What is it? You’re waking the kids,” your mother said accusingly before discovering Taeyeon on the floor. “What happened?”

“I don’t know, she was like this when I got home.” Tears streamed down your cheeks. “What do we do?”

“Call an ambulance.” You mother knelt down on the other side of your sister as you hurried to the kitchen and the phone.

 

You ran down the stairs right behind your mother and one of the ambulance men. You helped your mother inside the ambulance. She tugged your sleeve.

“Look after the kids,” she told you before the doors went close and the ambulance drove off.

 

Your knees gave way and you sank to the ground crying uncontrollably. The sound of running steps made you look up. The tears made your vision blurry and you couldn’t make out who the person running towards you was. The person knelt down in front of you and pulled you into one’s arms. You recognized the embrace. You had felt it ones before.

 

“Gikwang?” you asked between sobs. He hushed you.

“I saw the ambulance heading this way. I got worried something happened to you.”

“It’s Taeyeon-ah,” you cried into his shoulder. “I found her on the floor when I got home, I have no idea of what’s wrong with her…”

 

Gikwang helped you to your feet and supported you while walking up the stairs leading to the apartment. When you opened the door the twins attacked your legs and you could hear that your sister was crying in your parent’s bedroom.

“Hey guys. Are you up this late?” You faked a smile, the boys were worried enough as it was.

“Where’s omma?” they asked.

“She will be out for a while. Let’s get you two to bed.” You led the boys back to their beds in the living room while Gikwang hurried into the room from where the youngest child was heard.

 

You easily fooled the twins that everything was alright and sang your father’s song to them until they fell asleep. You stood up slowly, so they wouldn’t wake up from the movement. You quietly slipped across the small room and in to your parent’s bedroom.