Planning a date

Hospital Happiness

Hyoyeon and Yoona sat quiet and looked at you, and then they looked at each other. Hyoyeon glared at you.

“Why the hell did you have to say such an unnecessary and stupid thing? You didn’t even know what he was talking about, how would you know if he deserved it or not?” she scolded you.

“I said maybe, he didn’t have to get so mad,” you defended yourself, even though you knew that she was right.

“Hyoyeon is right… It’s a good thing he said he’ll come back though,” the always as cherry Yoona said. You glanced at her.

“… Why? History will only repeat itself and we will end up hating each other!” you said in a monotone voice.

“Don’t be stupid ~~~~~-ah,” Yoona wagged her finger at you. “You’ll have plenty of chances to apologize,” she beamed at you.

“Obviously, since he’ll be there everyday,” Hyoyeon said and hid her laugh. You growled discontentedly.

“You’re supposed to take my side. You’re my friends. You haven’t even met him!” You gave your friends the evil eye. They just shrugged and continued to bother you, telling you that you should apologize to Jonghyun.

 

That afternoon, before you went to work, Gikwang called to your house.

“Yoboseyo?” you answered.

“Yoboseyo, ~~~~~-ah?”

“Gikwang oppa?” You blushed. Good thing you were on the phone.

“Deh. I told I’d call.” You could almost hear his smile through the phone as he said that. You blushed even harder.

“I-I know.”

“What? You didn’t expect me to call?” Gikwang asked.

“I didn’t know what to expect…” you mumbled.

“Well, I always keep my word.” There was a slight pause before he continued. “So, I guess you kind of figured why I’m calling… Are you free anytime this week?” Your heart made a volt inside your chest and you had trouble answering him properly.

“I work every night…”
“Oh…”

“But… If I talk to my Boss in time I could go earlier on Friday. If that’s a good day…”

“Yes, yes! It’s perfect, I’m as free as a bird!” Gikwang laughed a relieved laugh. “How about I pick you up after work?”

“Sounds great.” You gave him the name of the restaurant before saying goodbye and hanging up.