Honest

Hospital Happiness

 

Gikwang and you got chased out by a nurse and the two of you stood quiet while waiting for the elevators.

“Did you know?”

“No.” Gikwang stared at the glowing elevator “here button”. “It explains a few things Taeyeon has said to me though.”

“He better tell her. She will be heartbroken if he just… leaves her.”

“He always keeps his word, you can trust him with this.”

“I really hope so…”

 

“I’ll leave first, I have to go to work,” you excused yourself.

“Wait!” Gikwang grabbed your hand. You looked at him, waiting for him to say something, but he stayed quiet.

“Did you want to say something?” you asked timidly.

“Actually, I ...” Gikwang ruffled his hair with the hand which wasn’t busy holding onto yours. “I, um… aish! Since Yoseob can be so straight forward, then I can be honest to.”

“Oppa, what are you…?”

“~~~~~-ah, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

You were absolutely stunned. You could barely breathe. You felt like screaming out loud. You wanted to throw yourself in his arms. You wanted to laugh, and cry. Still you just stood there like a fool. Gikwang seemed to get second thoughts.

“I was just thinking, we have dated for a while and… but if you think it’s too fast I understand…”

“Yes,” you managed to say.

“Yes?” Gikwang looked at you.

“Yes.” You smiled.

“Not a no?” You giggled at his cute silliness.

“No.”

“No?” He looked devastated. You squeezed his hand.

“Silly oppa. I said ‘yes’.” You laughed at his confused face.

“So, it’s a yes?” he asked. He had to make sure that he wasn’t fooling himself.

“Yes!” You suddenly remembered the time. “Now I really have to go or I’ll be late for work.”

 

Before leaving you leaned closer and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“~~~~~-ah.”

“Yes?”

“You missed,” Gikwang said and kissed you on the mouth.