Market night

Hospital Happiness

“Here’s our stop.” Jonghyun jumped up from his seat and ran ahead to the automatic doors. He stepped down on the street and turned around with his hand stretched up to help you off the bus. You ignored his hand and lightly jumped off, landing beside him.

“So, where to?” you asked. Jonghyun smiled.

“There to.” He pointed out the way and your eyes followed his finger to where he was pointing. There was a fair and an entire street was filled with stands and people. Your face lit up in a smile, it was a long time ago since you’d been to a market. Jonghyun must’ve noticed your change of mood, because he eagerly grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards the lively street while chuckling to himself.

 

You walked back and forth between all kinds of stands. People sold everything from handmade jewellery to fresh fish and vegetables to clothes, and there were tons of stalls that sold food. You were looking at a beautiful leather bracelet when Jonghyun called your name.

“Come over here!” he shouted. You scurried across the street and stood beside him.

“What do you-oooh Bibimbop!” you interrupted yourself when your eyes fell on the food in front of you.

“Hungry?” Jonghyun asked and you looked up at him, your face looking like a question mark. “Didn’t you say that you like Korean food better than western food?”

“You… you remembered that?” you asked incredulously. Jonghyun cutely tilted his head and smiled.

“Neh. What do you want?” he asked. You looked at him for a while before looking at all the food lying before you. Like you had told him he was schizo, and this was the side of him you liked more. “These are the ingredients, this man will cook whatever you want, right on the spot.” Your eyes widened at Jonghyun’s words. You peeked at the limited selection on the menu. How much had Jonghyun paid him to make him agree to this? You decided to make things easy, after all, Bibimbop was your favourite…

 

You ordered Bibimbop while Jonghyun ordered Kimchi Bokumbop for himself. As you expected the two of you just walked away, so Jonghyun must have paid the cook in advance. You smiled to yourself. He actually remembered. You picked up your chopsticks, loaded it with Bibimbop and stuffed it all into your mouth. Long time no eat, dear Bibimbop, you thought while chewing sedulously and walking next to Jonghyun.

 

A voice called your name. You swallowed your food and looked behind you. Your eyes widened in surprise.

“Yoseob?” The boy’s face lit up in a smile and he waved at you as he approached you.

“~~~~~ noona, it’s so nice to see you.” Yoseob ran up to you and gave you a quick hug. A bit surprised you glanced at Jonghyun. He looked at Yoseob with round eyes and his mouth slightly open. You held in a chuckle.

“Yoseob.” You turned your attention back to him. “What are you doing here? Are you alone?” Should he really walk around like this when he is sick?

“Calm down noona,” Yoseob smiled. He looked over your shoulder. “Actually I’m here with… my assistant?” Was that a question? You looked over your shoulder, but you couldn’t discern anyone in particular in the hubbub. You turned back to Yoseob.

“Your assistant?” you asked and crooked an eyebrow. He nodded like crazy with a huge grin on his face. You tilted your head. “Is Gikwang here?”

“Hyung? No, he’s… not here, he’s not here.” Yoseob avoided your eyes.

“If you say so…” Was it just you or was he acting extra strange tonight? Yoseob lifted his gaze and looked over your shoulder again.

“Well noona,” he said and looked at you. “It was very nice meeting you, and you too hyung, but now I have to go and… talk… to my assistant.” He gave you another fast hug before hurrying past you and he disappeared among the people.

 

“He’s weird,” Jonghyun said bluntly as he walked to stand in front of you. You frowned.

“No. he’s just being Yoseob.” You smiled at the thought of the boy. He was such a cutie.

“Why are you smiling?” Jonghyun asked suspiciously. You laughed lightly.

“Nothing. Are we done for tonight? I could really use some sleep,” you said while shoving your hands in your pockets and began walking back the way you had come.