The ride home

Hospital Happiness

“The last bus left ten minutes ago,” you whined. You were really tired now. Why had your boss approved of this?

“That’s not even a problem, so stop whining.” Jonghyun flipped his phone open. “Come and pick us up.” You stared at him in wonder as he hung. How could someone be so rude? Wasn’t he going to say anything else? Like an address, or maybe something nice? You were just about to open your mouth and scold him when a big posh black car turned around the corner and pulled up in front of you. Jonghyun opened the door to the backseat. You hesitated a little.

“Are you going to get in the car or what?”

“I’ll do it myself,” you said, deciding to trust him for not being a or a kidnapper.

“Good then, now get in or I’ll leave you on the street,” he said with a teasing smile.

“Alright, alright,” you muttered and got in the car.

 

Damn these seats were comfortable. You bounced lightly on your seat and laughed. You abruptly stopped when you noticed both Jonghyun and the driver was staring at you. Jonghyun chuckled.

“What? You get to act all weird when you ride a bus, but I can’t when I’m in some rich boy’s luxurious car?” you argued.

“Sure you can, but you look like you have never ridden a car before,” Jonghyun teased. You leaned back in your seat and looked away. “Wait, you haven’t?”

“No. not that I can’t remember, is there something wrong with that?” you asked fiercely. Jonghyun seemed to be taken aback at this fact, that someone hadn’t ridden a car in their life.

“No, nothing wrong at all.”

 

Silence

 

“So, do you have to stop by the restaurant before we drop you off at your house?” Jonghyun asked.

“At my house…?”

“Uh… yeah. I couldn’t let a pretty young lady walk outside alone this late at night, could I?” He winked at you. You scoffed at him and thought for a second. Then you shrugged.

“Well, there’s nothing I can’t live without.”

“So, straight home then,” Jonghyun stated with a content look on his face. You told your address to the chauffeur.

 

“Where the hell are we?” Jonghyun stared out the window. “I have never been here ever, not in my entire life!”

“Well, it’s not exactly the neighbourhood where rich people usually hang out,” you simply said. Jonghyun didn’t answer that. He just gave you a strange look before he kept gazing out the window.

 

“We are here,” the driver announced.

“You live here?” Jonghyun stared at the grey worn out storey building that was your home.

“I most certainly do.” You opened the door and got out. You couldn’t help but feel a bit hurt from the tone in his voice.

“Yah! I was going to open it for you.” Jonghyun folded his arms and pouted inside the car.

“There’s no need for that, I can do it all by myself.” You were just about to close the door when you remembered something. You bent down and peeked inside again. “Thanks for the rode.”

“You’re welcome,” Jonghyun smiled. You glared at him.

“Not you. Your driver.” You turned to look at the driver. “What’s your name?” He looked stunned but gave you a wide smile.

“Only doing my job. I’m Doo Joon, nice meeting you miss ~~~~~.”

“You too Doo Joon-ssi, and thank you for driving me home.” You returned his smile and closed the door. Right before it slammed close you heard Jonghyun’s voice:

“I thought your name was Dong Woon…”

“Idiot…”