Cheering up

Hospital Happiness

“HE’S AN !!!” you screamed at the top of your lungs. Good, now the whole school knew.

“Actually, he was,” Yoona admitted.

“Why did you even tell him?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I don’t know! He doesn’t deserve it anyway,” you grunted.

“Doesn’t deserve what?”

“I don’t know, anything!” You pulled your hair. “Gah, I’m going crazy. I’m gonna go and study for a while.” And with those words you left.

 

Gikwang touched your cheek.

“What’s the matter ~~~~~-ah? You seem distracted.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Just a jerk harassing me at work…”

“That sounds serious, have you talked to your boss about it?”

“No.” You looked at him. His dark eyes were worried. It felt wrong that Jonghyun knew, and that Gikwang didn’t. “Gikwang oppa, there’s something I want to tell you.”

 

So you told him what you had told Jonghyun the other night, just with more details and more feeling.

“Why are you telling me this?” Gikwang looked at you.

“Because I wanted to. Because I wanted you to know. I want you to know me better, and because you said before that you don’t pity me…”

“Is it hard for you to talk about?”

“I guess I feel guilty, that’s all. I mean, I’m the reason we’re poor…”

“You know that’s not true. It was your mother’s choice and I’m completely sure that she has never regretted it.”

“I guess…” You hoped.

“I know she doesn’t. She loves you. You have done so much for your family, how could she ever feel that she did the wrong thing when she has the perfect daughter?” Gikwang smiled. “I think you need some cheering up… I’ll try something Yoseob taught me once. Close your eyes.”

 

You obediently did as Gikwang told you. What was he planning? The same comforting as last time? Your heart went crazy just thinking about that first hug. Your thoughts were interrupted when a pair of warm lips gently pressed against yours. You opened your eyes in surprise. Gikwang instantly withdrew, and looked in another direction.

“I’m sorry, I just thought that… maybe… was it too much?” He glanced at you. You slowly shook you head.

“Not at all, I liked it.”

“Really?” Gikwang said in a both sceptical and hopeful voice. You smiled and leaned closer to him.

“I feel a little down, I think I need some more cheering up…”