Another night of hard work

Hospital Happiness

“~~~~~-ah!” Hyoyeon screamed across the entire cafeteria, discrete as always. Yoona sat down next to you.

“How was your date!?” She violently shook your arm, not really like her to be so excited.

“It was great,” you said. Your two friends forced you to tell them what had happened and you had to tell your story once again. When you were done telling it Hyoyeon and Yoona stared dreamingly out in space.

“Why did you meet him before me?” Hyoyeon sighed.

“He seems to be such a gentleman, caring for you like that and helping you out,” Yoona sighed.

“Did he kiss you?” Hyoyeon asked bluntly. Why was everyone asking that? Yoona slapped Hyoyeon on her arm.

“Of course not, he’s a real gentleman,” she said angrily. “Or did he?”

“No he didn’t. nothing happened, at all. If we had done anything I would have included it in the story.” Wasn’t that obvious?

“Of course.” Hyoyeon snapped her fingers. “He’s being strategic. He leaves you wanting more, hungry for his kiss, his touch,” she said theatrically. You and Yoona stared at her. Yoona rolled her eyes.

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

The two girls started bickering so you excused yourself and went to your afternoon classes. Good thing you had those two, they really made it easier for you to make it through the days. You glanced back at them. Hyoyeon was standing up yelling a defending speech about her theory at Yoona who unperturbed ate her lunch. You rolled your eyes and left the cafeteria.

 

That night you went to work, innocent and unsuspecting, but when you got there you almost collapsed in shock. Jonghyun!? What the hell was he doing here? He smiled and waved at you from the counter. You walked up to him.

“What are you doing here?” you asked annoyed.

“I thought I’d eat something today also. I eat everyday you know, sometimes even more than ones,” Jonghyun said casually. Was he stupid?

“Stop joking around. Are you here to bother you again?”

“Am I bothering you with my visits?” Jonghyun put on a sad look, but you chose to ignore it.

“Uh… yeah, kind of. I’m trying to work here,” you said angrily.

“That’s okay. I wont bother you then,” Jonghyun shrugged.

“What?” You immediately calmed down in pure surprise. He was going to give up that easily?

“I wont bother you. I’ll just sit at my table and eat my dinner. I’ll be right over there,” he said and pointed to a table next to the windows. You hesitated. Was this good or bad? Guess you’d just have to wait and see…

“Fine.” You spun around and stormed into the kitchen.

 

You glanced at Jonghyun’s waving arm on the other side of the giant dining hall. Why didn’t anyone take his order? There was plenty of staff around him. After five more minutes of silently watching Jonghyun wave you felt a little bad for him and walked up to his table.

“Finally, I have been waiting quiet a while now,” he said with a small smile. Or was it a smirk?

“What can I get you?” you sighed. You wrote down his order and left.

 

You were the one who had to deliver the food to Jonghyun’s table, since no one else seemed to do it.

“My food,” Jonghyun sang happily when you approached the table.

“Umm… yeah.” He ordered and he’s going to have to pay for it, what is he so happy about? You departed and continued your work. After a while Jonghyun started waving again, and yet again he failed at catching anyone’s attention. You sighed and approached his table.

“Yes?” you asked.

“That’s not very polite,” Jonghyun said with a frown. You rolled your eyes. Likes he has ever been polite. You glared at him and took your notepad.

“What can I get you?”

“Just a coffee.” Jonghyun smiled. You growled angrily inside as you walked away. You didn’t really know why you were so annoyed, he hadn’t actually done anything. Maybe his mere presence was enough to piss you off…

 

After delivering Jonghyun his coffee you started cleaning a few tables. Once in a while you stole glances at Jonghyun, and each and every time you caught him looking at you over his coffee. As a beginning it maid you feel uncomfortable, then it started to annoy you. Couldn’t he look somewhere else? Eventually you had had enough and you walked up to him. You stood really close to him and he looked up at you.

“~~~~~,” Jonghyun said in a factual tone. What’s with that? For no reason at all it pissed you off even more. You took a deep breath to stop yourself from yelling at him.

“Could you please stop staring at me while I’m working?” you asked with your teeth clenched.

“I haven’t been staring at you,” Jonghyun said and sipped his coffee. He dared to deny it?

“Yes you have!”

“How do you know?” he asked with an innocent smile.

“Huh? Because… I… umm…” was all you could manage to say.

“Have you been watching me?”

“No!”

“You have been watching me,” Jonghyun stated with a content smile.

“I have not.” You clenched your fists in frustration. He had to be right though, how else would you know he had been looking at you? You were busted. You could accept it, but you would never admit it… Jonghyun smiled to himself while taking another sip of his coffee.

“You said you weren’t going to bother me,” you whined.

“What have I done? I’m just eating,” Jonghyun defended himself. Yeah, and stared your eyes out! “~~~~~, you should go and continue your work.” You angrily stomped away from there. That bastard! Damn, he was getting on your nerves, and there was nothing you could do about it.

 

You stood behind the counter and poured up drinks to a costumer when Jonghyun rose from his chair and walked out the door. Had he asked for his check? You gave the drinks to your costumer and hurried to Jonghyun’s table. No check. Damn him! Then your eyes fell on something lying on the chair. A wallet. Presumably Jonghyun’s. You hesitated before groaning, grabbing the wallet and running out of the restaurant.