Accident?

Hospital Happiness

As you shooed your parents out of the apartment you thought about Jonghyun. Had yesterday really been goodbye? Was he leaving you? What about your deal? A thousand questions ran through your brain as you hastily looked at the watch. 1:43 pm.

“You go downstairs, I’ll be right there,” you said to your parents and then hurried back into yours and Taeyeon’s room. From the top drawer in the bureau you took the bag you had packed the previous night, right after your talk with Jonghyun. It contained all your money, and the rest of the family’s money, important papers, the family photo from the living room, some of your younger sibling’s toys and all of your father’s medicines. Your cell phone was in your pocket and in one hand you tightly held the note with the important number. You shut the drawer. You bent down and picked up Taeyeon’s diary from underneath the bed and stuffed it into the bag before leaving the apartment. On your way down you greeted a man you met in the stairs, probably a neighbour, and then hurried down to your parents.

“Let’s go, shall we?”

 

Your youngest siblings were safely at the daycentre, Taeyeon was with Yoseob at the hospital and you were taking your parents shopping. No one was at home, just like it was supposed to be. You were terribly distracted all the while when you were shopping with your parents. Your mother pointed it out but you just shrugged the question off and blamed school. Your mother believed you and let the subject go.

 

After only half an hour away from home your cell phone called and an unfamiliar number was shown on the display.

“Yoboseyo?”

“~~~~~? This is fire inspector Lee. I’m afraid I have to inform you that there has been a fire in your apartment.” Your mouth dropped open and a thousand thoughts rushed through your mind. “There was no one inside, so no one was hurt.”

“I know,” you whispered as you put the facts together.

“I’m sorry, could you please repeat that?”

“Nothing, I’m just relieved that no one was hurt” you said with your voice shaking and a weird feeling in your chest,

“I agree. This was the only mobile number we could find that was connected to this apartment, so can you please contact your parents and tell them to get here as soon as possible.”

“Yes, sir.” You hung up and stared straight in front of you.

“Who was it?” your mother asked.

“It was a fire inspector Lee.” You kept staring into space, but your head was clear enough to think of making sure no one was at home and got hurt when… “There has been a fire.”

 

You and your parents pushed through the crowd of people that had gathered outside your residential.

“Excuse me,” you said as you guided your father forward. As you reached the barrier tape a middle aged man hurried up to you. He lifted the cordon and let you pass underneath it. The smell of the smoke was terrible and when you looked up you saw it belch out of the windows. Jonghyun, what have you done?

“I’m really sorry,” the man said as he held out his hand to. “I’m fire inspector Lee,” he said as he shook your father’s hand. You didn’t dare to look at him as he turned to you. He shook your hand and then led the three of you to two other men holding notebooks. You were told that they were “just going to ask some questions”. When your parents were being interrogated you caught Mr Lee.

“How bad is it?” you asked.

“The fire is not completely out yet so it’s still hard to say. But according to what my men have told me repairing this place could take months.” Mr Lee watched you as you felt all hope leave your body. How could you ever pay for the renovations? And for a place to stay during those months? “I’m sure the insurance will cover most of the expenses,” Mr Lee said and gave you a comforting pat on the back. You looked at him confused. Insurance? You didn’t have a… Jonghyun!

 

Someone swept a blanket around your shoulders and led you to an open trunk of a car to sit. The person put an arm around you and lightly squeezed your shoulder.

“It’s going to be fine ~~~~~-ah.” That voice. You snapped your head at the person and sprung to your feet.

“Gikwang, what are you doing here!?”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Really sorry about the late update , I'm going to try and update more often now !! :) Since I have a few chapter already written .. ;)
Hope you all like this chapter

:)<3