Talking to your sister, nothing much

Hospital Happiness

You had worked late and got home late that night. You snuck through the hallway to your room. The light was still on inside and you assumed that Taeyeon was still awake. You smiled and opened the door.

“Want to hear about my date?” you asked while smiling widely.

 

Taeyeon was sitting on her bed with her back leaning against the wall. She looked at you. The smile on her lips was as wide as yours but it barely reached her eyes. She looked tired, worn.

“Taeyeon-ah. are you alright?” You let your smile drop and sat down beside her.

“I’m fin, I’m just a bit tired.” Was it only in your brain or was she beginning to sound like you? “Tell me about your date, it’ll cheer me up. I want to hear everything.” You picked up the smile that you had dropped and told Taeyeon what had happened during your date with Gikwang.

 

When you had finished telling your story you heard Taeyeon sigh deeply.

“He seems so sweet,” she whispered.

“He is,” you whispered.

“Did he do anything?”

“What!? No!”

“Not even a hug?”

“No.”

“Why? That’s not such a big deal getting a hug.” Taeyeon looked at you with a crooked smile.

“I know, but it was just the first date. And we don’t know each other that well.” You glared at Taeyeon. “Don’t look at me like that, it’s not like you’re getting hugs all the time or giving a lot of hugs, right?”

“No.” She looked at her hands. “Are you going out again?”

“I don’t know, maybe.” You hoped so. Taeyeon smiled at you.

“He’ll call you,” she said. How did she know? You glanced at her. She looked tired. No wonder, considering the time.

“It’s late. Go to sleep and don’t be late for school tomorrow.” You left Taeyeon’s bad and headed towards the bathroom.

 

“No need to worry about that,” Taeyeon mumbled before lying down and falling asleep at once.