Introducing You

Hospital Happiness

You ran across the school grounds and threw the gates open. You took the stairs in two steps and rushed through the corridors. You had to make it in time! You burst into the classroom…

“I’m here!” you shouted your heart beating fast.

“Late again are we?” Your teacher made a note in her papers and told you to sit down. She was used to your late arrivals by now.

 

You sat down in your seat and dropped your bag to the floor. Damn it! You had forgotten your books…      -.-   The rest of the lesson you just sat quiet and tried to take notes on your hands to make up for the trouble that you had caused.

 

Before you could get out after class your teacher stopped you.

“~~~~~… Haven’t we been through this?”

“I’m sorry teacher.” You bowed and bit your lip. “I overslept.”

“There has to be improvements soon or I’ll have to have a chat with your parents.”

!

“No! Please don’t. They are so busy. I don’t want to worry them. I’ll do better, I promise!” You clapped your hands together and bowed your head once again.

“This is your last chance,” your teacher said with a sigh.

“Thank you so much teacher!” You smiled as you bowed again and turned around to leave.

“Remember to bring your books next time…”

“Yes, teacher.” You hurried out of the classroom while trying to hide the notes on your arms.

 

Yoona and Hyoyeon were waiting for you by your locker.

“Hi girls,” you said smiling. They just looked at you with worried eyes.

“You were late again today. Did you work late yesterday?” Yoona asked anxiously.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.” That was a total lie. You were so tired you thought you would fall asleep on the spot.

“You know, if you have problems you can tell us. We could help out,” Yoona said and Hyoyeon nodded in agreement.

“Seriously, forget about it.” You grabbed your books from your locker and closed it. “I’m fine, really!”

 

When you entered the restaurant your boss hurried over to you.

“Good you’re here. It’s very crowded tonight. Hurry and get ready.”

“Yes, Boss,” you said and went to get changed.

 

The job as a waitress at this high class restaurant was very demanding, but it was the only chance for your family to make it through the day. After your father got sick your mother had to stay home with your younger siblings and you had to start working to feed your family and pay the hospital fees. Your salary was just enough.

 

That night you took double shifts and it was getting late, still guests kept arriving to the restaurant.

“Typical rich people. Just because they don’ t have to get up early tomorrow morning to work, do they have to go out and eat so damn late, you asked yourself angrily. You kept repeating English grammar in your head to stay awake and somewhat focused. It wasn’t working that well though. You should have sung instead…

“Take these to table seven.” Your boss handed you three plates and you started to make your way between the tables.

 

“This isn’t what I ordered.” The woman looked at the plate and then at you.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” you said politely. “I’ll go and change it immediately.”

 

You returned to the table with another dish.

“I’m allergic to shrimps,” the lady said. Then why the hell did you order something with shrimps you !? But of course you didn’t say what you thought.

“I’ll make you the same dish without shrimps,” you said with a fake smile.

 

But apparently that third dish wasn’t good enough for the woman either and you angrily stomped your way back to the kitchen. Because of your anger you lost your concentration and accidentally walked into a misplaced chair and dropped half of the shrimp soup without shrimps in the lap of one of the other guests at the restaurant. Dang it!

 

“What the…”

“I am soo sorry!” you exclaimed with your cheeks burning in embarrassment. You out the plate down and reached your towel to the victim of your clumsiness.

“Great. Thanks.” Your victim accepted the towel and tried his best to wipe himself off.

“I’m really sorry! I-I can wash your clothes for you… just, please… forgive me. I’ll go and get you something…” You almost panicked. You could not lose your job”

“Yah, calm down.” The victim handed back the towel and you looked at him. Of course you had to pour soup over the most good looking guy in the entire restaurant.      -.-

“I’m sorry,” you said again.

“I got it. It’s not a big deal. It’s just soup, right?” he smiled at you and got up. He looked down at his ruined clothes and his blonde bangs hid his face. You felt like the entire restaurant was watching you, and they sure did… This was just your luck.

 

“Well, I guess I should go home and change. Key, Onew, are you ready?” It wasn’t until then you noticed his company. Two, not too ugly (…freaking hot!!!), guys were looking at you while grinning widely. You bowed your head and blushed like crazy. The blonde guy took out his wallet and started to try paying you.

“Oh, no. it’s fine. You just go and I’ll take care of this.” You started to collect the plates. The three guys stood still for a while. Please leave……..

“Then at least take the tip.” Blondie dropped a few banknotes on the table and then left.

“Always such a gentleman,” you heard one of the guys say and the other one laughed at his comment.

“Shut up Key!” And they were out. You looked down at the money and almost dropped the plates you were holding.

 

What the…!