Welcome home

Hospital Happiness

The lights were on in the kitchen when you came home from work.

“Hello?” you said quietly. Taeyeon poke her head out from the kitchen and smiled.

“Welcome home,” she said. You grinned at her.

“You too.” You ran up to her and gave her a tight hug. Over her shoulder you spotted someone else. “Appa?”

“~~~~~-ah,” your father said and made an attempt to stand up, but a look from your mother made him sit down again. You ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

“I’m so glad you’re home,” you whispered.

“Me too ~~~~~-ah, me too…”

“Now, let’s go and get some sleep. Everyone,” your mother said firmly and you couldn’t do anything but obey.

 

“So, how are things here?” Taeyeon asked while crawling underneath her blankets.

“The same. Just, I lost my job…”

“WHAT!?” Taeyeon blurted in panic. “What do we do now!?”

“You didn’t let me finish. I lost my job but I got it back.”

“Oh… why?”

“Why what?” You sounded a lot like Jonghyun…

“Why did you lose it, and why, or how, did you get it back=”

“My Boss blamed me for giving the restaurant a bad reputation and that I was the reason rumours about host clubbing started circling among the guests. So, I got fired. Then, all of a sudden, the guy who caused me to lose the job turned out to be the son of the owner and he got me back the job. Isn’t it the weirdest thing you’ve heard?”

“Actually, it kind of is… Who is the guy?” Taeyeon looked at you with big eyes.

“Oh, Jonghyun, he’s just some guy who shows up every night to have dinner, with me, at the restaurant... One time he even dragged me out of there to have me go to some fair with him.”

“Oh right, I know. Him, he’s gorgeous,” Taeyeon said and sat up in her bed. You froze in the middle of a motion.

“You do?” You gave her a suspicious look. “How do you know?”

“You mentioned it once,” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“No, I didn’t,” you stated. You were pretty sure you hadn’t mentioned Jonghyun to anyone in your family. If you had, wouldn’t she have known who you were talking about to begin with? “Taeyeon-ah, don’t you think I know you’re hiding something from me? I don’t want you to have anymore secrets, okay?”

“Arasso.” Taeyeon hesitated. “I was there, and I saw you.”

“You were there?” you asked and looked incredulously at her.

“Yeah, I was there… with Yoseob…”

“Huh!?” For the second time that night your chin dropped to the floor. “You? Yoseob? Together?”

“Yes, it was really nice.” Taeyeon smiled to herself.

“Are the two of you going out?” you asked.

“I guess you could say that…” She giggled like the schoolgirl she was. You on the other hand wasn’t amused by this at all. Was this really a good idea? If anything happened to Yoseob she would be heartbroken.

“Taeyeon-ah, have you really thought this through? He needs all the rest he can get,” you said carefully. Taeyeon glanced at you.

“I know. We don’t get to see each other that often anyway…” she made a sad face. “But I think you’re the one who should really think about your relationship.”

“What do you mean?” You gave her a confused look.

“Well, first of all you have to think about his condition… And what do you think Gikwang will say about you meeting this Jong-whatever guy every night? There could easily be a misunderstanding. I know you wouldn’t do anything stupid… but make sure Gikwang doesn’t get the wrong idea.”

“His name is Jonghyun, and Gikwang and I aren’t even a couple, officially…”

“You have been dating for quite a while…” Taeyeon said. You brushed her comment away while blushing lightly.

“What do you mean by ‘Gikwang’s condition’, by the way?”

“Don’t you know?” Taeyeon stared at you.

“Know what?”

“Gikwang is really sick. He’s got leukemia.”