Sisterly fight

Hospital Happiness

You sat down on your bed and pulled out a small box from underneath your bed. You put it in your lap and opened it, revealing all your savings. You sighed deeply. It wasn’t much. Then you glared at the money you were holding in your hand and put it in the box. Once again Jonghyun had left you with a huge tip. If this continued your small piggy bank would get full in just a few weeks. You liked the thought of not having to work yourself until your breaking point. You felt bad about it. Like you were using him. You shook the thought out of your head. It wasn’t like you had asked for it, any of it. It wasn’t your fault he kept handing his money away. Why were you even complaining? Your family needed it. You needed it.

 

Your thoughts were interrupted when the door to your room opened and Taeyeon stumbled in. you stood up and rushed to her side as she collapsed on her bed.

“Taeyeon-ah? what’s wrong?” You kneeled beside her and shook her lightly. You heard her groan into her pillow but weren’t able to make out the words. “What?” You leaned closer to hear her muttering.

“Tired.” She turned her head away and faced the wall. A deep frown formed on your forehead. You shot a glance at the alarm clock. It was late.

“It’s not so strange that you’re tired, why have you been coming home so late recently?”

“I have been out, leave me alone.” Taeyeon mumbled and put the pillow over her head. You lost your temper. Did she think she was the only one who was tired in this household?

“Where have you been? Answer me.” You grabbed the pillow and threw it onto your bed on the other side of the room. Taeyeon snapped her head at you.

“I have been with friends, okay?” she said hostilely.

“Don’t talk to me like that…” You felt your anger build up inside of you.

“Yes, mother.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. You jumped to your feet.

“Shut up, Taeyeon! You’re not a child anymore. Instead of cutting class and hanging out with your friends all night you should grow up and take some responsibility!” you hissed at her, keeping your voice down not to wake up the entire family. You angrily stomped back to your own bed, threw the pillow back at her and lay down with your back towards Taeyeon. You heard her move in her bed and a quite whisper was heard from across the room.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.”