That’s who he is

Hospital Happiness

 

You were back on your regular time at work and except for the awkward feeling between you and your boss everything was back to normal. Actually, things were a bit too normal…

 

“Good evening, ~~~~~-ah,” Jonghyun said as he entered the restaurant. Your face darkened. Why was he here again? Didn’t he get your message? “Be at table eleven in ten minutes.”

“What? I can’t do that!” Jonghyun ignored you and followed a waiter to table eleven. You ran to look for your boss.

 

“Of course you have to do as he says!” your boss exclaimed. You gaped at him. What was his problem? Could he please stop being so inconsequent? You closed your mouth and glared at your boss.

“Fine, just don’t fire me for this later,” You stormed away to the table.

“Watch your temper!” your boss called after you. You ignored him. You were going to do exactly as you felt like. He deserved it after treating you the way he had…

 

You plopped down on the chair on the opposite side of the table, glaring at Jonghyun. He just showed you his perfect, blinding white teeth in a sweet smile. You gave him a suspicious look. What was he up to?

“I have no idea what is going on, but I’m a hundred percent sure that you have something to so with it,” you spat at him. He just kept on smiling.

“Are you happy to be back at work?” he asked.

“…Yes,” you said. Of course you were.

“Aren’t I good sometimes? I even got your job back for you,” Jonghyun praised himself. Your chin dropped all the way to the floor. What did he just say?

“Y-you w-what? How?” you stuttered. That’s when Jonghyun did the most unexpected thing. He stood up, put one foot on his chairs and stepped up on it. You hasped and hissed at him. “Jonghyun, get down from there, right now!” But he just kept on smiling and took another step upon the table. People started to turn their heads in your direction to see what the big commotion was. Soon they started to whisper and point at Jonghyun. From afar you caught a glimpse of your colleagues carrying your boss away, apparently he was unconscious. You smirked to yourself. Serves him right…

 

“Good, now I have everyone’s attention,” Jonghyun spoke up. “Let me introduce myself. I’m Kim Jonghyun, nice to meet you.” He bowed politely to the people staring at him like he was crazy. Which he might as well be…

“Jonghyun, what are you doing!?” You sank deep down in your seat in an attempt to hide from the looks the guests gave you.

“I want to clarify a small misunderstanding. There are some rumours saying that this restaurant is a host club. Not true, almost… I know since I have a big part in these rumours. I have been eating here quite often lately, all because of this girl.” He pointed at you. You wanted to die as all eyes turned to you. You shook your head at Jonghyun, but he continued. “I come here almost every day to see this girl, because she’s someone. She always makes my day interesting. I will keep coming here to meet this girl no matter what you say. I have arranged for a new waiter who’s able to step in if he’s needed, and I’m in charge of the salary of both these employees so the restaurant won’t be affected. If you have any problems with this you can talk to my father, the owner of this food chain. Thank you for listening.”

 

It was completely quiet in the big dining room before people started whispering and got back to eating. You just stared at Jonghyun with big eyes and your mouth wide open. His father owned this restaurant? And every other restaurant with this same name!? The first thing you thought of was; now you really regretted telling Jonghyun that you didn’t like western food. Maybe not that the most relevant thing to think about at a moment like this… He had given you your job back. He had practically saved your entire family from a terrible time suffering in poverty. You bowed your head.

“Why?”

“Why what?” Jonghyun asked in a cheerful tone.

“Why did you help me?”

“Didn’t you hear my speech?”

“Yes…”

“Then, there’s your answer. And… I was hoping that you could forgive me for what I said that day. It was really terrible of me, please forgive me?”

“Thank you,” you whispered afraid that your voice would crack if you raised It just the slightest. “I know you think my words don’t mean anything but there’s nothing I can do for you that

S enough to express the gratitude I feel.”

“There’s one thing…” Jonghyun said. You looked up at him.

“What? I’ll do anything I can.”

“Will you forgive me?” Jonghyun smiled and tilted his head. You sighed.

“Is that all you can think about?”

“Yes! It’s all I’ve been thinking about for the whole week,” Jonghyun said a sudden serious face. Was that so? You forced your tears back and smiled sincerely at him.

“Of course I forgive you.”