One Day at Busan

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

Tomorrow is the big day already. The grand opening celebration of our new company will be held at our office ballroom in Busan. I have prepared myself with all the things that will be needed at Busan alongside with my own luggage. Yes, I and Baekhyun were going to Busan to attend the grand opening. The other workers who were invited will come later while we’re going first with Baekhyun’s cousins to attend the preparation meeting at the hotel our company reserved. We arrived at Busan in the afternoon and now we’re on our way to the hotel. I’m going with Baekhyun’s car and as usual, he drive it himself while his cousins’ use their own car. Not long after that, we arrived at the hotel.

 

“Good afternoon sir, miss,” one of our company workers greeted me and Baekhyun. He then led us to the receptionist and gave us 2 rooms key.

 

“Here, this is yours. We are in one floor though, but you’re next to mine,” he said. The thought of my room is located next to Baekhyun’s room make me flustered a bit. I don’t know why but I felt…shy. Okay, I’m being weir. Forget it, Taeyeon. Get a hold of yourself. “Lee-ssi, where will my cousins stay?” I heard him asking our company worker.

 

“The same floor as yours, sir. The whole 8th to 10th floor were booked for our company, but only the VIP one who will stay at the 10th floor,” he explained. Really? So I am a VIP now?

 

“Oh, very well then, we’re going first. What time will the meeting start?” I heard Baekhyun asking him again.

 

“At 3 p.m sir, you may have your rest first,” he said. We then left to our rooms. The other 4 boys weren’t here though, they’ve not arrived yet. Oh, yes only 4 of Baekhyun’s cousins were going with us from Seoul since Suho-ssi has been here since last week. Baekhyun said, Suho-ssi is probably going to be the one who will handle this company here. I entered my room while glancing around. Wow, the room is quite big though. It’s beautiful.

 

“It’s must be expensive,” I hummed to myself. What makes this room even better is that it the bed is facing the large window glass which give us a view of Busan city.

 

I stood in front of the large glass. The view is so…beautiful. I wonder how will it look like when the night comes. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I quickly approach it and open it, only to found Baekhyun who is currently standing in front of me while bringing a plastic bag.

 

“Hi, did I disturb you?” he asked.

 

“No, I was admiring the view though,” I said. He glanced over myself.

 

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” he asked me. I nodded and smiled at him.

 

“What brought you here, Baekhyun-ssi?” I asked him. He raised the plastic bag he brought.

 

“We haven’t had our lunch yet, so I brought some for us. And remember, this isn’t office hours. Just call me Baekhyun,” he said.

 

“Oh right, and yes sorry, Baekhyun-ah,” I said while grinning. He is now staring at me. That stares again. He always had that specific stare whenever I grinned, laughed or even smiled at him. I don’t know how to say it, but that stares feels like he can see through me. It makes me feel so exposed.

 

“So, wanna eat? Where should we eat this?” he asked me.

 

“Should we just eat it here? At my room?” I asked back.

 

“It’s fine with you?”

 

“Uh…yes, I guess. Why not?” I asked him back. He half-smiled.

 

“You should be concerned though because I am a guy,” he said. I raised my eyebrows. Yes he is a man but wh—AHH, I know what he means.

 

“I believe you’re a nice guy,” I said. “I’m not that kind of woman though, but I’ve known you quite well, and you never give me the impression of bad guy. Somehow, I believe in you,” I said. Wow did I just said that? He raised his eyebrows.

 

“Thank you…for believing me. But please, be more careful in the future. Just in case,” he reminded me.

 

“Ne, Baekhyun-ah,” I said while allowing here to come in. We sat face to face on the sofa next to the bed. We chatted a lot though. It’s getting more comfortable being around him as time passes by. He is a very nice person. After more than 3 months working with him, he already gave me such impressions: a gentleman, but sometimes he may act like a kid though. “By the way, where are the others?” I asked him. He scoffed while finishing his meal.

 

“They went out for a lunch without noticing us, that dumbs,” he said. I laughed.

 

“Don’t be sad, at least we eat too, right?” I said while drinking my glass of mineral water. He glanced at me.

 

“Yes, and it’s with you,” he said. I stopped drinking. Oh my. He coughed a bit and stood up. “Uhh, we better get ready. The meeting is in an hour, I’ll go first,” he said. He was about to take our finished meal box when I grabbed his arm. “No need for that, I will take care of it,” I said. I then cleaned all the trash and walked with him to the door. He then bid his goodbye and left. I threw away the trash and walked again to the sofa. Yes, and it’s with you. I can’t stop replaying his words in my head. Kim Taeyeon focus! Forget it and you better prepare yourself.

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

The preparation meeting went very well although it took more than 3 hours for such a meeting. I glanced at my watch. It’s night already. I was walking towards the lobby with Taeyeon beside me when suddenly Sehun tapped my back.

 

“Hyung, let’s go for a walk,” he said.

 

“Nah, I’m not in the mood. We’ll just waste our time going around the city with no reason and we will end up at Mc’Donalds, I knew it already,” I said.

 

“Tch, you’re no fun hyung. Okay, change of plan, let’s go to the mall and eat something. I promise you it won’t be a fast food,” he said. He then glanced at Taeyeon. “Noona, let’s go too!” he squealed. Taeyeon looked a bit surprised.

 

“Ah, no need for that, I’ll—“

 

“Noona, please come and join us,” suddenly I heard Kai speak while approaching us with the rest of the boys, including Suho hyung.

 

“Yes, it will be more fun, Taeyeon-ssi,” added Suho hyung. I can sense Taeyeon was glancing at me.

 

“You want to join? It’s fine though,” I said to her. She was considering the offer before she finally accepted it. We then went with our own car, of course Taeyeon is with me. We soon arrived and immediately went to the restaurant that Sehun suggested. Surprisingly, the boys treated Taeyeon very well. They always try to find a topic to be discussed and I can see Taeyeon relaxed after 15 minutes of talking. We spent almost an hour eating our dinner (mostly because of the talking).

 

“Woah, I’m so full,” said Kai and Chanyeol in unison.

 

“Should we go back now?” asked Kyungsoo. We nodded and Suho hyung paid for our meal (yes he will always treat us whenever we eat together).

 

“Thank you again for the meal, Suho-ssi, and all of you too, thank you for inviting me to join,” Taeyeon said while we were leaving the restaurant.

 

“It’s fine, Taeyeon-ssi. It was a fun time though. By the way, we better separate here and go back to our own car, see you later at the hotel,” said Suho hyung. We then exchanged our goodbye and I walked to the elevator with Taeyeon beside me. As we get nearer to the elevator, something caught my eyes. I then stopped my step, which makes Taeyeon stopped as well.

 

“What is it, Baekhyun-ah?” she asked. I just mouthed ‘follow me’ to her. I entered this boutique and grabbed the thing that caught my eyes previously. It’s a red beautiful gown with some silvers beads covering the upper waist line. It’s quite simple though but it’s beautiful.

 

“Woah, it’s beautiful,” she said. I eyed her from the corner of my eyes. You will be even more beautiful if you wear this.  Wait. What? Did I just say that? But hey, it’s a good idea though.

 

“You think so?” I asked her. She nodded.

 

“You want to buy it for your girlfriend?” she suddenly asked. I raised my eyebrows and laughed.

 

“Since when did I have girlfriend?” I asked her back. She blushed. That blush again. “No, I’m just looking at it. Let’s go, it’s getting late,” I said. We then left the store and she just followed me from behind with her confused face. I know she must be thinking that I’m such a weird guy. Just wait, Taeyeon-ah.

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I throw my body to the bed the time I entered my room. Woah, I feel so exhausted. I glanced at the bedside clock. It’s already 10 p.m, time surely fly so fast. I stood up and walked towards the glass window. Oh my, the night view is so amazing. Busan city at night is so beautiful.

 

While staring through the scenery, I remembered the time I spent with Baekhyun today. He’s so nice and he really takes care of me well. He is really charming. He jokes a lot when he’s around his cousins which he always called his brothers. He looks so carefree when laugh though. And yes, his smile is so gorgeous. My thought then suddenly disturbed when I heard a knock on my door. I open it but I found no one. I rolled my eyes. Must be ignorant people doing. I was about to close the door when my foot kicked something. It’s a box. I picked it up. There is a note on it. It writes ‘to: Taeyeon’. I then suddenly my phone rang. I bring the box in and picked up my phone without looking the caller id.

 

“Have you opened it?” I heard a familiar voice.

 

“Baekhyun?” I asked. I heard a chuckled sound.

 

“Yes it’s me. Didn’t you see it on your phone?” he asked back.

 

“No, I didn’t see it. And what do you mean before?” I asked back.

 

“The box. You better open it now,” he said. I do as he told. I opened the box and I let out a small gasps. Inside the box, there is that beautiful dress I saw with Baekhyun before.

 

“Oh my God, Baekhyun, why did you send me this?”

 

“It’s for you. Wear it tomorrow. No buts. Good night, Taeyeon-ah” he said and quickly he ended the call. I’m still stuck at my place. He gave me this freaking dress, oh my God, am I still alive? I closed my eyes. Dear God, he’s so full of surprises.