My Favorite

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

It’s that day already, the day we had to depart to Jeju for the Annual meeting of the company. We arrived here at the afternoon. The ‘we’ I meant here was composed of Baekhyun, his cousins (including Suho) and Yuri. Tiffany and Yoona can’t join because not all workers were invited to come. As we arrived, some people from the company immediately took us to the hotel. We went there with two cars that has been provided with drivers. I took the car with Baekhyun (of course), Yuri and Suho while the rest took the other car.

“If only we come here for holiday,” I heard Yuri sighed.

“Too bad we’re not,” replied Baekhyun.

“I’m not talking to you,” she said. Suho shook his head with a bitter smile on his face. He must be tired with these two kids that always like to bicker. I pity him for experiencing this thing for so long.

“Basically you’re talking to everybody here,” Baekhyun said again.

“Can you shut up?” Yuri scoffed while rolling his eyes.

“I think the two of you need to shut up,” this time Suho takes over the situation. Surprisingly, it works. They finally shut their mouth but still glaring at each other. Not long after that, we arrived at the hotel. We were asked to go to the conference room for a quick meeting before we can have some rest.

We finished the meeting at 4 in the evening. We’re all were exhausted from the trip from Seoul so we decided to go straight to our own room.

“Taeyeon, should we share a room together?” asked Yuri while we’re heading to the elevator.

“Hm… Should we? I think it’s---“

“No,” suddenly Baekhyun cuts me off.

“Excuse me? What’s your problem? Oh don’t tell me you’re going to share one room with her?” said Yuri. I popped my eyes out. No way Baekhyun will have that kind of plan…right?

“Of course not,” he said.

“Then why?”

“It will be hard to meet her when she’s around you so I’ve prepared something,” he said. Both Yuri and I raised our eyebrows together. Suddenly, Sehun and Kai grabbed Yuri’s arm and dragged her away from the elevator.

“LET’S HANG OUT MY DEAREST YURI NUNA~~~” they both shouted in unison.

“YAH! LET GO!” said Yuri while struggling. In the middle of the confusion, suddenly I can feel my arm being dragged by someone. I turned my head, only to found Baekhyun pulling me to follow him and go straightly into the elevator. Yuri was still bothered by Sehun and Kai who have her in both of their hands when the elevator door finally closed.

“This is your plan?” I asked him. He glanced at me with a triumphant smile on his face.

“Not really. I’ve make sure that will be occupied with Sehun and Kai. Also, Suho hyung is helping me to keep Yuri away from you. Just for today, I swear,” he said.

I chuckled and leaned on to the wall. “You’ll be dead by her,” I said.

“I know, but it’s worth it,” he said while pulling me into his embrace.

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

Just as I entered my room, I immediately pulled out my phone and called Taeyeon.

Hey, why are you calling me?” she said as soon as she answered my call.

“Because I miss you?”

Seriously, Baek. We just saw each other faces like twenty seconds ago,”

“I know. Okay, actually… I’m asking you for a date,”

Tonight?

“Yup,”

Will that be okay? I mean we’re just arrived here and what if there is something urgent to do?

“Relax, baby. Everything is alright,”

Baby? Since when did you call me baby?

“Since now,”

Oh my God you’re so cheesy, Baek. Anyway, what if your father find out?

“He won’t, I’ll make sure of it,”

Okay fine, let’s go on a date,” she said. I know she was smiling, I can sense her smile from her tone.

“Sure, be ready at 6 p.m. I love you,”

I love you too. See you later,” she said before she ended the call.

I put my phone on to my bedside table and glanced at that little box that I’ve prepared from Seoul. I hope she will like it.

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

I glanced at myself again on the mirror for the –nth time already. This will be my very first official date with Baekhyun and I’m quite nervous for it. Thank God, I brought a nice outfit from Seoul. I go for a casual look though, with a jeans jacket covering my white sleeveless top and a black tight trouser. I let my slightly curled hair fell free down to my and put a light make up on to my face.

At 6 p.m sharp, I heard a knock on the door. I opened it quickly to found my most handsome boyfriend dressed in all black outfits. He wore a long sleeve t-shirt and a black jeans trouser. Even with that simple outfit, he still managed to look attractive as hell. The other best thing is, he let his hair combed neatly without being gelled, which is my favorite.

“You look beautiful, as always,” he said with a genuine smile on his lips.

“You too,” I said.

“Beautiful?”

“No. Handsome as hell as usual,” I said.

He chuckled, “of course I am,” he said. “So, let’s go,” he said while taking my hand in to his.

We went by the car that Suho has prepared for us. Of course Baekhyun is the one who’s driving. We went to a tourist spot in Jeju and visited one of his favorite night view spot there. After we drove around the city, we decided to have a dinner at Baekhyun’s favorite restaurant. After that, we visited Seonimgyo Bridge. We take a stroll there and stopped in the middle of the bridge to enjoy the view.

I leaned on to the bridge side and so does Baekhyun. “It’s beautiful,” I said while staring into the distance. Baekhyun hummed in response. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the wind that struck my face. It’s so calming. Suddenly, I can feel someone wrapped me from behind. I know it’s Baekhyun. His body always radiates that comfortable heat whenever he hugged me. His hands found their way to wrapped me by my waist. I tilted my head to my left side a bit to let him rest his chin on to my shoulder.

“I couldn’t help myself from hugging you. You look so beautiful and attractive when the wind struck your face and blew off your hair,” he murmured. I smiled and hummed in response. We stayed like that for some minutes, with him back hugging me and my hands wrapping his hands.

“I want to stay like this forever,” I said.

“Me too,” he said. He tightens his hug on me and kissed my neck. Suddenly he released his arms from me. I was a bit disappointed because I want to stay longer in his embrace. But then suddenly I saw a tiny box in front of my eyes. I glanced at him who’s still standing behind me.

“What is that?” I asked.

“Open it,” he said. I took the box and opened it. I see a silver necklace with a tiny star hung on it. It’s simple but beautiful. The star has a diamond on the center and another bead around its edge.

“Baekhyun…”

“It’s for you, here let me help you to wear it,” he said and took the necklace from the box. He draped the necklace around my neck. He turned me around so I’m facing him now.

“It’s beautiful,” I said, still staring at the necklace that I wore. He lifted up my chin.

“You’re much more beautiful than that necklace,” he said. I can feel my cheeks redden in shyness.

“Thank you,” I said. I tiptoed a bit and hugged him around his neck. I buried my face on his shoulder. “Thank you for everything,” I murmured. He hugged me back and buried his face on to my hair. He kissed my head and pulled me away. I stared at his beautiful eyes, his cute nose, his kissable lips and his puffy cheeks. What have I done in the past to receive such a gorgeous man as my boyfriend?

“I love you,” I said while I put my hand on his cheek. He smiled and leaned closer. I closed my eyes and finally, he kissed me. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He kissed me tenderly at first, but then his pace become faster. I tighten my arms around his neck. My hands brutally brush and grab his hair. The kiss becomes more passionate. His lips move smoothly against my lips. He bit my bottom lip that makes me let out a small gasp. Damn this is new. He took that opportunity to kiss me even deeper than before. His tongue found mine and he explored my mouth like crazy. I tighten my grasp on to Baekhyun’s hair. I can feel my legs become jell-o, and if Baekhyun didn’t hold me I’m sure I’ll fell down. We finally pulled away in need of air, panting hard while staring at each other.

“That…was…new,” I said in between my panting.

“Yeah…it was a first too for me, I don’t…know how…I could even did it,” he said. We still have our arms around each other. I glanced around the surrounding and the realization finally hits me. We just kissed, passionately, in an open place. I can feel my cheeks redden in embarrassment.

“What is it?” he asked me, seems like he noticed my blushing cheeks.

“We just kissed in public place,” I said.

“It’s okay, only few people here,” he said.

“Yeah but still,” I said while biting my full bottom lip.

“Don’t bite your lip, it has an effect on me,” he said. I blushed again, knowing what he meant. “Let’s get back to the hotel then,” he said. I nodded and he took my hand on him. We’re hand in hand with smile on each of our faces as we walked back to our car. I swear to God, I will never forget today’s experience.

---

“Good night, Baek,” I said as we arrived in front of my room door. I was about to enter my room when Baekhyun’s hand suddenly stop me. I turned around and faced him.

“Can I….sleep in your room?” he asked me.

“You have your own room,” I said.

“But I want to sleep with you,” he whined.

“Baekhyun, what if someone find out?”

“Who will?”

“Well… There are quite some of our company workers here and---“ suddenly he grabs my key room and unlock my room.

“Yah, I didn’t---“ I was cut off by his index finger on my lips.

“Please just for this night,” he said while pouting. Here we go again, his aegyo that I can never resist.

“Fine,” I said. He quickly jumped happily and went out of my room to go back to his room and change his clothes. I just finished brushing my teeth and changed my clothes in the bathroom when he finally comes back. It’s already 11 p.m so we decided to go straight to sleep. We’re lying to next to each other with his hand went down my neck and embraced me by my shoulder. He pulled me close to him so I snuggled to his chest and played with the ring on his finger of his free hand.

“I can’t sleep yet,” I murmured. He brushed my hair and pulled me closer.

“You have to sleep, tomorrow is the big day,” he said. He kissed my forehead and wrapped his hand around my waist. “Good night, Taenggu. I love you,” he said.

I hugged him back. “Good night to, Baek. And I love you too,” I hummed. And with that, we drift off to our sleep, with me in his embrace. In the hand of my most favorite man in the world.