Our First Overnight

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

We finished our work earlier than yesterday, thanks to Baekhyun who can finally control himself from being childish.

 

“Where should we go right now? It’s still early,” asked Baekhyun. I glanced at my watch.

 

“Err…you don’t say past 7 in night is early, Baek,” I said. He chuckled and started to drive the car.

 

“It’s still early for me. We’re workers, right?” he said.

 

“Well yeah, but still. It’s night already,” I said.

 

“Should we visit my apartment?” he suddenly asked me.

 

“Your apartment? You’re not staying with your parents?” I asked him back.

 

“No, I want to be independent. Besides, it’s better to live alone, at least I got more freedom,” he answered.

 

“To get more freedom or to make it easier for you to bring over your girlfriend?”

 

“Well, you got that point,”

 

“You’ve ever brought someone?” I asked with a little bit jealousy in my tone.

 

“Wow, you sound a little bit jealous,” he smirked.

 

“No, I’m not,” I denied it. Terrible liar Taeyeon is back again.

 

“You’re a terrible liar, Taeyeon-ah,” he said. Well he stated the truth.

 

“Can you just answer it?” I said.

 

He chuckled before his right hand reached my hand. “I told you before that I’ve never had a girlfriend. The only girl I’ve ever brought there was my mom. Wait, damn it. Yuri had been there too, but I never invited her. She suddenly showed up with my dumb cousins,” he scoffed.

 

“Hey, she’s my best friend. Don’t be rude,” I said while laughing.

 

“Oh no, now you’re defending her. It’s going to be harder in the future to insult her,” he said while rolling his eyes. I smacked his arm.

 

“Ouch, okay fine, woman. Geez, you’re so strong,” he said.

 

“I am,”

 

“Fine. Anyway, should we go to my apartment?” he asked again. This time he has that pleading eyes staring at me.

 

“Don’t show me your puppy eyes like that,” I said.

 

“Ahh, so I have another effect on you,” he cockily scoffed, which makes me rolled my eyes.

 

“Okay, fine. Let’s go to your apartment,”

 

---

 

We reached his apartment after a 20 minutes ride from our office. His room is on 15th floor. The time I entered the apartment, I fell in love with the atmosphere. He makes it simple. All white furniture with some woods decoration makes the room looks more spacious than it was. You’ll see a quite spacious living room which is also TV room the time you entered the room. On the left side of the room are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. On the right side is kitchen with a dine bar in front of it. The best thing is, there is a large glass window in front of the living room that can give you an amazing view of Seoul city.

 

“You have a beautiful apartment,” I said while walking towards the large glass window.

 

“Really? Well I decorated it based on my preference,” he said while following me. I stopped in front of the large glass window. The view is so amazing.

 

“The view is amazing, right?” he asked me, stating my mind. I nodded. Seoul in night will always be the nice view to be seen. Suddenly, I can feel a pair of arm wrapping my body from behind.

 

“It feels nice to see the view while back hugging you,” he said while resting his chin on my shoulder. Yes, he’s right. It feels beyond fine. The time his arms wrapped me warmed my heart.

 

“Me too,” I said quietly. We stood still, not even saying anything. I can hear his regular breathing and warm breath next to my ear. It calms my mind but also makes my heart beating twice harder. How could someone give me so much effect by doing nothing?

 

“I want to stay like this forever, do I sound cheesy?” he suddenly break the silence.

 

I smiled. “Yes, it’s cheesy, but I love it,” I said.

 

“I love you too,” he said.

 

I chuckled. “Yes, I love it and I love you too, of course. Gosh, I sound much cheesier now,” I said. I can sense his smile.

 

“It’s okay, I love it when my girlfriend is cheesy,” he said. I blushed. Dear God, he’s so cheesy. I want to stop being cheesy but then he’s so hard to resist. I am not the lovey dovey type but this man here changes me. Even like now, I really enjoyed myself on his embrace with all his childish talk. If I could ask God to stop time, I will ask it for this time. When the man I love the most hugs me from behind and says that he loves me. Seriously, I don’t need to ask for more.

 

“You’re too cheesy now,” I snickered.

 

“I know. I feel disgusted too of myself,” he said.

 

“Well, you got it finally. Anyway, we’re not going to stand all night long here, right?” I asked him. He sighed before he released me. He turned me around so that I’m facing him now.

 

“As much as I want to, I know it will be tiring for the two of us. So, what should we do now?” he asked.

 

“Hm…let’s…eat!” I said. He raised his eyebrows before he laughed at me.

 

“I expect you to say that though. Should we order something?” he asked.

 

“You don’t have something to be cooked here?” I asked him back.

 

“I do have some… You want to cook?” he asked me.

 

“Why not? Well I’m not a good cooker but the food I cooked are all edible, I swear,” I said.

 

He pinched my cheeks and suddenly pecked my lips.

 

“Wha---“

 

“I’m so excited to taste your food,” he said while grinning.

 

“Hey, you just took an advantage from me. How could you suddenly kiss me like---“ this time I got stopped with another peck on my lips.

 

“Ssh, now cook. Let’s go,” he said while pulling me off with him and walk to the kitchen. I can feel my cheeks red from shyness. Damn it boy, stop making my heart beating crazily.

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I can’t believe it that finally, I can experience the situation where my girlfriend is preparing and cooking a dinner for me. Well, I’ve seen some scene like this from dramas and films. I can see the boy will have so much admiration on his eyes or maybe he will even help the girl when she cooked.  I thought this kind of thing is not something special but I’m wrong. And since I can’t really cook, all I do right now is to watch her when she was cooking.

 

“Seems like you enjoyed cooking so much,” I said. She glanced at me, who’s currently sitting at the dine bar.

 

“Well, yeah. I like cooking,” she said while pouring some ingredients inside the pot. It’s fascinating to see her in an apron and walk freely around my kitchen. She decided to cook jjambong and bulgogi from the ingredients she found on my kitchen. My eyes are all on her. The way she chopped the vegetable and cut the meat is like a professional chef. I hope I can always see her like this every day in my life.

 

“Done!” she squealed. She served the food she cooked and sat beside me.

 

“Wow… All these food look so delicious,” I said.

 

“Then try it,” she said while handing me the chopstick.

 

“Feed me,”

 

“You have hands, Baek,”

 

“Whyy?”

 

“Do you want to eat or not?”

 

“Fine,” I said and took the chopstick from her. “You act like my mom,” I continued. She smirked at me and usher me to taste the food. I took a piece of the bulgogi and popped it quickly to my mouth.

 

“This is delicious, Taenggu-ah,” I said.

 

“Really? Then try the soup,” she said and handed me the spoon.

 

“Feed me,”

 

“Baek---“

 

“Please,” I said while pouting. She laughed before she finally spoon the soup. Yes, I know she can resist my aegyo.

 

“Here,” she said while feeding me the soup. It tastes so good…no, it’s perfect.

 

“Wahhh, you’re a very good cooker!” I said and took another spoonful of the soup. We then ate together in silence. Well not really, we ate while staring at each other eyes. Sometimes she will laugh when she saw sauces on my lips and sometimes I will laugh when she choked after she looked at my face I made during eating.

 

“We’re not eating properly,” she said, still looking at me.

 

“I know,” I said after I gulped at my drink. “Thank you for the most delicious food I’ve ever tasted,” I said.

 

“Liar,” she said.

 

“No, I’m serious. Even my mom can’t really cook this good,” I said.

 

“Don’t be like that,” she said while taking the plates to the sink. I helped her washing the dishes and helped her cleaning the table. After that, I guide her to the living room. I the TV and we sat next to each other. I draped my arm over her shoulder so she leaned her head onto my chest. Well basically, I call it ‘cuddling’.

 

“I’ve never cuddled with anyone before,” she said while playing with the ring on my fingers.

 

“Me too,” I said.

 

“You have beautiful fingers,” she said.

 

“You’re so random,” I said. I heard her laugh.

 

“I know right. That’s because I love nail art but I don’t have beautiful nail and fingers like you,” she said.

 

“But you’re beautiful in everything,” I said. She smacked my chest.

 

“Stop being cheesy,” she said. I smiled and kissed her top head. Suddenly, an idea comes to my mind.

 

“Taeyeon-ah,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“How about you stay here over night,” I said.

 

She sat straight quickly and faced me. “What!?” she half - screamed.

 

“Why?”

 

“Me? Staying here? Overnight?” she said.

 

“Well yeah…why? You won’t get allowance from your parents?”

 

“No, it’s not like that. I sometimes stay overnight at Tiffany’s apartment and my parents don’t really mind it. They’re not overprotective parents. They give me freedom and they know I’m mature enough to choose whatever I want to do, but you’re a man…”

 

“No, I won’t take any advantages from you or even do something bad—“ she cuts me off by pinching my cheeks.

 

“I know, you’re not a jerk. It’s just… Well, I’ve never did something like this,” she said. I sat straight and took her hands.

 

“So you’re nervous?” I asked. She blushed. “See, I’m right then,” I said.

 

“But, if I stay here, I don’t bring any clothes,” she said.

 

“You can use mine. Maybe I can find some that’s smaller for you,” I said.

 

“My work outfit?”

 

“Tomorrow is Saturday,” I said. She’s considering my idea for a while but then she finally agreed.

 

“Okay. But remember, behave,” she said. I nodded and pulled her back to my embrace. Yes, another first with her!