Her Confession

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

As much as I want to punch Yuri in the face, I still can’t since I’m too embarrassed right now. She found out. Slash, everyone found out. If you’re wondering what I’m talking about, it’s my hickey. It all started when Yuri noticed the red mark hidden under my collar blouse. I thought it won’t be really visible since I’ve make sure for thousand times before I left Baekhyun’s apartment but reality seems to hate me so much.

As the result, they (excluding Hyemi) keep teasing me and Baekhyun. I swear to God my cheeks must be so damn red right now but Baekhyun, being the super confident he is, keep telling me it’s fine and chuckling to all their tease.

“Oh guys stop please,” I said while glaring at Chanyeol, the second main culprit of this embarrassing thing.

“Chill Taeyeon-ah~” he playfully replied me. I puffed my cheeks and reached out my arm to pinch Baekhyun’s thigh under the table. The person beside me flinched and looked at me.

“What is that for?” he whispered to me.

“For giving me hickey and making me so damn embarrassed,” I said without glancing at him.

“Oh come on babe, it’s fine,” he said as he pulled my hand and placed it between his thighs. He then trapped it. I glared at him as I tried to release my hand.

“Are you crazy? Let go,” I whispered, loud enough actually.

“Let go what?” suddenly Yuri asked me.

“Oh nothing,” I said. Baekhyun chuckled at me before finally releasing my hand.

“It’s fun to tease you,” he whispered before he leaned back and continued to eat his meal, as if nothing happened. I scowled at him and was about to eat my meal again when I caught Hyemi’s gaze at me. Please note that it wasn’t just a gaze, her eyes…is really piercing at me. Like I am the thing she despises the most. But then she looked away and join the conversation between the boys, making me all confused.

---

I smell something, a good aroma of food. I squints my eyes, trying to adapt with the lights that fill the room. I moved myself a bit, trying to find someone next to me. But I feel no presence at all. I reached out my arm, only to find nothing. I opened my eyes and force myself to sit.

“Good morning beautiful,” a voice jerk me up. I looked at my side where the voice comes from. I blinked for several times before I can see the person in clear. It’s Baekhyun, sitting on the sofa next to his bed with his sleeveless top and his shorts he wore before he slept yesterday.

“You’re awake already?” I murmured as I rubbed at my eyes.\

“Yes, earlier than I thought,”

“Why don’t you come back to sleep? You’re not a morning person,” I stated.

“Wrong. I’m a morning person—“

“During weekday only,” I cut him off. He smiled.

“I have to admit yes,”

“But now is weekend,” I said again as I finally sit up straight.

“Yes, I’m aware of that baby. I don’t know either. I couldn’t go back to sleep so I decided to cook you a breakfast,” he grinned as he take a tray on the bedside table and put it on the mattress. He sat next to me as he gave me the milk he prepared.

“You cooked this?” I asked him while eyeing the dish he prepared. He baked a toast for me. He also fried me bacons, sausages and an egg. And to complete it, he prepared a little salad on the plate.

“Yes I know it’s not really that grand since I can’t really cook but at least I can bake and fry some—“

“It’s good. It’s amazing. Thank you,” I cut him off and leaned in to peck his lips. His lips curled up in happiness and he kissed my cheek in return.

“Your welcome. Now eat,” he commanded.

“You?”

“I’ve finished mine before, while watching you sleep. I’m so hungry back then,” he said as he watched me eat.

“You watched me sleeping!?”

“Yup,” he replied as he studied my face. I gave him a look and he chuckled.

“I’m not a creep, okay? It’s just watching you sleep is more interesting than watching TV. And you should know that I watch you sleep for almost thirty minutes before you finally wake up,” he explained.

“Thirty minutes? Seriously? Are you--”

“Yes. You look heavenly when you sleep. I can’t take my eyes of the sight. You’re too pretty,” he continued.

I remained silent as my mouth formed into an ‘o’. Well, I’ve received a lot of praise because of my look or face from my friends before, but to be praised of your look or face during the time when you sleep is…new to me. But then a bell rang inside my head. I admire Baekhyun’s sleeping face too back then, well actually until now. That’s why I like to wake up first before him to have the chance of admiring his face. And I think Baekhyun felt the same towards me. It melts my heart.

“Miss, are you still here?” he snapped me back to reality. I blinked three times and looked at him again.

“Oh, yes,” I simply replied as I continued to eat my meal.

“Oh, and this meal is also as the prize for yesterday night,” he said while winking at me.

“Yesterday night? What---oh,” I blushed when I realized what was he talking about.

“Thank you, it was really great,” he said as he leaned in and captured my lips.

He kissed me again, with the same hunger he had last night. He nibbled my lower lip for an entrance and I let him in. But then a cold fluid runs into my mouth and I tried to swallow it while keeping our lips locked. It tastes sweet. It’s strawberry. I opened my eyes and I eyed the glass on the bedside table. The milk.

“You taste so sweet,” he murmured as he on my lower lip. He then held my face with both of his hand and trailed kisses along my jawline. I let out a soft moan as I grasp his hair. I pulled him closer, making us stumbled and fell on to the mattress. I put my hands around his neck and kissed him back. It feels right. The way our lips moved against each other. It’s perfect.

“You should finish your breakfast now. I already get my extra breakfast,” he said as he pulled back from the kiss. I got red immediately and he chuckled.

“Why are you so easy to get shy? Come, eat first,” he said as he pulled me up. He pushed the tray of the food to me again and took the glass of the milk from the bedside table.

“You drink my milk,” I murmured.

“Which milk?” he smirked at me.

“That milk in the glass you byuntae,” I replied as I rolled my eyes.

“Yes but I deliver it to you in a very pleasant way, right?” he said as he drank the milk again.

“I guess,” I shrugged my shoulder.

“Oh Ms. Kim, just admit it,” he said before he leaned in. I backed away for a bit because he’s being too close; his nose is just centimeters away from mine. His eyes are full of lust again. I thought he was going to kiss me and I’m ready to close my eyes but then he leaned to my side and whispered something to my ear.

“Anyway, I think you should buy a high collar blouse. I got you another one,” and with that, he winked at me and immediately leave the room. I was dumbfounded at first before I finally realized what he meant. I rose from the bed quickly and run to his mirror. I don’t even need to pull my collar down when I saw a red mark peeked itself out. Another hickey…and this one, is even more visible than before. I sighed as I closed my eyes. I swear to God that…

“BYUN BAEKHYUN WHERE ARE YOU!!!!???” and that’s it. I screamed as I ran outside the room, trying to find the man that I love and hate so much in my entire life. The man who’s currently hiding at his own apartment.

---

After I pinched Baekhyun’s face with no mercy, I finished my remaining breakfast and asked him to wash the dishes to pay for what he did. I’m not really mad though but it’s so uncomfortable when I have to hide something on my body. We spent our day by re-watching the movie we couldn’t finish yesterday. This time, we successfully watched it from the beginning up to the ending.

For lunch, we decided to order a pizza since the both of us were craving for it. And to my surprise, we finished it. All eight slice of pizza for two hungry person (or bears). Baekhyun got a call in the evening and he must finish a document for an important meeting his father suddenly arranged. Thus, here I am right now, helping him to finish his work.

“Have you finished the paper with our company report on it?” he asked me. I rose from my seat and gave the paper to him. We’re at his library room. Him on the table and I’m on the sofa.

“I’m sorry to make you do this in our supposedly free weekend,” he said as he grabbed my arm.

“It’s fine. At least we’re together,” I said, trying to assure him. But it’s true. I enjoyed my time so much when I’m with him. Even when we’re at our hectic work days, there will always time where he will show his affection to me or even entertain me with his jokes and teases. That’s enough for me to know how much he loves and care for me.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It’s a message notification.

06.13 p.m

From: +0082xxxxxx

Unnie, can we meet now? I will text you the address. But I hope you won’t tell Baekhyun oppa. I just want to see you. Let me know if you’re in.

-Hyemi

 

I froze. Hyemi? How does she know my number? But well, although I’m curious of it, I’m more curious to what she want to talk about. Why does she want to meet me? And why can’t I tell Baekhyun?

“Who is it?” Baekhyun’s voice wakes me up from my thoughts.

“Ah…it’s…Tiffany,” I lied. “I have to go. She wants to meet me right now, maybe she want to tell me a story or something. Typical, girls,” I continued as I tried to sound reasonable.

“Ok, I will drive you there,“

“No need Baek. I’ll just use taxi, it’s fine. You still have a lot work to do. Just finish it,”

“Well it’s fine for me,”

“But it’s not fine for me. I enjoyed today so much. I had fun and thank you for the great weekend we had. Staying together with you is enough to make me happy,” I said to him as I his cheek.

“You sure?”

I nodded and gave him another assuring smile. I pecked his cheek before I leave the room. I went to his bedroom and take my purse with me. I left my luggage since it will be bothersome to me. I left his apartment in instant, not forgetting to text her that I’m able to meet her. In a minute, she replied my text with an address and I immediately took a taxi to drive me there.

I arrived at the place around past seven at night. It’s a restaurant not far from our office. I walked in and immediately spotted a figure sitting at the corner of the room.

“Uh, hi Hyemi,” I awkwardly greeted her. She raised her head, realizing my presence and immediately stood up to bow at me. I bowed back and I take a seat in front of her.

“Thank you unnie for fulfilling my request,” she said with a polite smile. I smiled back at her.

“Did you…perhaps tell—“

“No, I didn’t tell anyone about this,” I cut her off. She nodded and sighed in relief. She called a waiter and asked me to order something. I ordered a strawberry smoothie and she ordered a cappuccino. After we ordered, we both stay silent. She keeps glancing around and I don’t know what to do either. After more than five minutes, I decided to talk.

“So…is there anything you want to talk about?” I asked her. The curiosity in me can’t hide any longer. She looks surprised for a moment but then she coughed a bit.

“Uh…yes, you are right. I’m indeed invited you here to talk about something,” she said while eyeing my blouse and then up to my collar. I was confused at first but then I realized. She must have seen the hickey on my neck from the way her eyes changed for a brief before finally back to normal.

“You’re dating with Baekhyun oppa, right?” she asked me. I raised my eyebrow at her. She already knew, why must she ask again?

“Yes,” but I still answered.

“How long have you been with him?”

“I’ve known him for more than 7 months,” I simply stated. She nodded her head and remains silent for a moment before finally speak again.

“I have to admit something…that I like Baekhyun oppa,” she said while looking straight into my eyes. I tensed immediately. Well I kinda sense it but I didn’t expect her to confess it to me.

“I think I’ve liked him since childhood. He’s a very reliable oppa to me. He takes care of me very well since we’re still kids and he’s so kind to me. As time grows, I finally realized there is a different feeling towards him. And well, yeah I like him,” she continued.

I swear to God I must look like a dumb person right now because I didn’t even utter any word nor giving any response. My mouth slightly parted and my eyes were staring at her. My body? Unmoved.

The waiter comes with our drinks and he put it on our table. Hyemi took a sip of her drink while I’m not even moving a single bit. I don’t even have a thought to try my drink. I’m so surprised and confused at the moment.

“Unnie?” her voice makes me come back to reality.

“Uh..so, what do you mean?” I dare myself to ask back. She put down her drink and staring straight at me again.

“I’m sorry but I can’t stop. I won’t stop,” she said. I can feel my blood boiling inside me while my palms are wet from my cold sweat.

“I will try to win his love. I think I can forget him and move on when I knew that he’s dating you but I can’t. I’ve tried and I failed,” she said.

“And unnie…don’t you think you shouldn’t be with him?” she continued. I was so shocked to hear that. What the actual did she just say? Did she think I don’t…suit Baekhyun?

“Excuse me but what makes you think like that?” I straighten my sitting position while staring straight into her eyes.

“I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings but let’s be real unnie. Baekhyun oppa is the heir of one of the biggest company in South Korea, even Asia. And unnie, you’re just his secretary. Don’t you think it’s…well, you with him. The status—“

“So you’re saying I shouldn’t be with him because I’m just an ordinary people compared to him… It’s all about status?” I cut her off. I’m so pissed.

“Yes… Think about it unnie. Oppa’s parents must expect him to find a decent girl as his partner. A girl with the same level a him. A girl who understands the life of heirs. A girl who can bring pride to his family. His name will appear in media every day. His future family will always be the spotlight. Can you bear it? The burden of being a heir’s wife? The life of high class people? Unnie, I know it hurts but you can’t provide it. You can’t be it…” she said.

I was so hurt. I can feel tears are going to swell up my eyes but I hold back. I don’t want to cry. Not now, not in front of her.

“You do realize it right, unnie?” she continued.

I looked away. I can’t, I can’t be like this. I have to leave.

“You’re not worthy of him unnie,” she stated. And that’s it, she successfully hit my most sensitive spot. She called the waiter and gave him money to pay for our drinks. She then took her purse and stood up.

“I hope you will think about this unnie. I hope you can understand what I meant and you can understand what you should do,” she said and with that, she left.

I can feel my eyes slowly b with tears. I can feel my heart hurts with so much pain.

Am I really not worthy for him? I asked myself.

My phone rang and I saw a message notification. It’s from Baekhyun. I ignored it and turned off my phone. I leaned forward and buried my face into my hands, my elbows resting on the table.

And so, here I stay, unmoved. Face red with pain and anger while eyes are full with tears. And that’s how my Sunday night ended, alone and crying, with an untouchable strawberry smoothie in front of me.