Reunited

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

“Darling, would you mind to check on the counter a bit? I think we need to organize the expenditure written,” said my mom.

“Sure I’ll check it,” I said as I walked into the cashier table.

It’s been 3 months since I decided to come here, Jeonju, to help my parent with their new built café. Sure, my decision to come here was made because of that day I saw Baekhyun for the first time since his returning from Japan.

Do I miss him?

 

I do. I always do.

But it was also hurt me to remember that time. It was.

 

Yes. I met Hyemi, few days ago. It was an accident, I guess? She’s also surprised to found me and so was I. She hugged me at first, which I found very surprising. I remembered how confused I was when she kept apologizing endlessly. I remembered how I patted her back when she kept asking for my forgiveness.

It did feel weird, but it also kind of relieved me. She told me everything, about that day when I decided to never see him again. She said I should forgive him, told me that he was so devastated lately based on what she heard from cousin. She also said that it’s all her fault and I could just blame her. I did want to blame her, but it’s all in the past. And I knew, things will get better. So, I forgive her.

But now, I feel so guilty. I feel like I’m the worst girlfriend ever existed.

Girlfriend.

Did he still think me as her girlfriend? I’ve ran away without looking back at him. I’ve left him without saying words. I’ve hurt him without hearing him out. Despite, I’ve never told him that I’m here. I never even contacted all of my friends in Seoul of my where about since I’m sure they will tell Baekhyun right away.

But now since the light has come through me, I don’t know what to do. Should I meet him? Call him? Asking for apologize? I don’t know. I’m afraid. Afraid if he will reject me. Afraid if he had forgotten me. Afraid if he will say that he don’t want me anymore. And it hurts.

I bit my full bottom lip. I was staring at the computer screen but not even a mere focus I spare for whatever on it. I glanced up, trying to regain my focus again when something caught my eyes. No.

Someone.

And it’s Baekhyun.

 

I paled momentarily. I can feel all the blood leaving my body. He still has the same look he had whenever he saw me. But this time, it was also filled with something different. Hurt.

I gulped down my own saliva as he walked closer. I can feel like the time froze as I saw him getting nearer, like everything around me suddenly become mute and invisible. And when he’s close enough with me, we didn’t say anything. I stood still; eyes’ wavering on him with my mouth that I’m sure is slightly gaping right now.

I missed him. I miss him so bad that I want to stop time at the moment just so I can look at his face forever. He was roaming all over my face, like he has never seen me. And when I was about to say something, he let out three words that I want to say to him.

“I miss you,”

 

I blinked. Once. Twice.

“I—“

“Can we…talk?” he asked hesitantly. His eyes somehow filled with relieve and worry at the same time. I stared at his brown orbs. He looked hurt and I seriously want to kill myself for being the reason behind it.

“Sure,” I said as I walked out of the counter and asked for permission from my mom. After I grab my bag, I walked outside the café where he already waits.

“I know a place to talk, you can just follow me,” I said. He nodded at my words and I started to walk first, with him behind me. But soon after, he can finally catch up with me.

“How was life?” he asked me. I glanced a bit. He was talking while staring down at his feet.

“It’s alright, I think,” I said. We become silent for a moment.

“How about you?” I asked him. I heard a sigh before an answer.

“Not really good…without you,” he answered. I a breath, totally feeling guilty after hearing his answer. I glanced at him. He had that bitter look on his face and I really want to make him happy again, no matter what.

 

Soon after, we reached the park that I really like to spend time at.

“A park?” he asked while following me to the nearest swing.

“Yes,” I simply said as I sat on one of the swing.

He took a sit on the vacant swing next to me. I can feel his glance on me before he let out a sigh.

“Taeyeon, I—“

“Before that, I want to say something,” I cut him off. I turned my head on him and I can see his face pales when I said that words.

“I’m sorry,” I said. He looked confused for a moment.

“For everything. For running away without hearing you out, for leaving you without words and for hurting you… I’m sorry,” I said. I can feel tears b on my eyes.

“Then hear me now,” he said with a smile plastered on his lips. He stood up from his seat and stood in front of me. He kneeled down so that his face is at the same level of mine but he maintained the distance.

“First of all, I should be the one who’s apologizing right now. I’m sorry, Taeyeon. I’m sorry that I hurt you. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about my plan. I’m sorry that you had to see me kissing Hyemi. But that’s not the truth. I—“

“She already told me,” I cut him off again.

“What?” he asked; confused with what I’m saying.

“About everything. About her trying to make me jealous and how she suddenly kissed you out of the blue that day. And I’m at the wrong side for not hearing you out first,” I said.

“So she had talked to you? Not only meet?”

“Yes. She did apologize too and our relationship now is good,” I said.

“That’s great,” he sighed in relief. “Taeyeon, I also want to tell you this. I have never have the thought of cheating on you nor leaving you. You are the only one for me and if I have the plan one day in the future, it is definitely not leaving you but instead, I will make you to stay by my side forever,” he continued

I can hold my tears anymore, which makes him to reach out his hand to my face and wiped the flowing tears on my cheek.

“Please don’t cry. I hate seeing you crying, especially if it’s because of me,” he said. His gaze is so tender and I feel his soft fingers on my cheek.

“I’m sorry, for having a little faith on you. I should have trusted you more,” I quietly said.

“I’m sorry too, for not telling you,” he said.

“It should be me who ask for a forgiveness,”

“No it’s me,”

“No, it’s—“

“Let’s make it simple. We’re both asking for forgiveness toward each other. Hm?”

I smiled upon him.

“Deal. So, am I forgiven?”

He let out a small chuckle before pinching my cheek. “Of course. You are always forgiven,”

“And so do you,” I said.

He smiled his tender smile as he leaned on to capture my lips. I closed my eyes, happiness and warmth filled my heart and my whole body. It feels so good to have him here again; to be able to kiss him and to be able to feel his warmth. I feel complete again.

“I love you,” he softly whispered in between our kiss.

“I love you too,” I replied as I pulled back from the kiss and stare into his beautiful eyes.

He was about to lean in again when I pushed his shoulder back.

“What?” he asked upon seeing my smirk.

“This reminded me of the time you confessed to me,” I smiled.

“Yes… All the same, despite I should have get my kiss again right now,” he smirked.

“Why are you so ert?”

“It’s not called ert. Besides, you like it anyway,” he said before capturing my lips for the second time and capturing my heart forever.