Meet The Dearest Sister

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

It’s been a week since I finally dated Baekhyun and as usual, he will always full of surprise from everything that I’ve never seen before. Although we’re quite busy this week because we’re currently preparing for the annual meeting of the company, he will always takes time to annoy me or to tease me. I may feel tired from all the busy things happened but Baekhyun will always be my reason to regain my energy because he really took care of me very well. I felt so grateful and amazed at the same time. I’m so lucky to have him.

 

“Should we eat lunch? We’ve been hooked up with all these documents since the morning,” Baekhyun suddenly snapped me from my thoughts. I glanced at my watch.

 

“Should we? I’m kinda hungry too,” I said.

 

“You’re always hungry,” he snickered at me.

 

I rolled my eyes. “No, I’m not,” I said.

 

“Yes you are,”

 

“Okay let’s jus—“

 

“HI NOONA!” suddenly I saw the door opened, revealing the combo of shouting Sehun and Kai, annoyed Kyungsoo and grinning Chanyeol.

 

“Can you guys knock first?” said Baekhyun, irritated.

 

“I’m really tired with these kids, I swear to God,” said Kyungsoo while entering the office. Chanyeol followed behind while the maknae(s) were being scolded by Baekhyun.

 

“It’s just your room, hyung,” said Kai.

 

“Yeah, but still, what if—“

 

“What? What if we caught you flirting with noona when we came in?” suddenly Sehun cut off. I blushed while Chanyeol was trying to stifle a laugh. Baekhyun glared at Sehun before he flicked Sehun’s forehead.

 

“Aww, that hurts,” whined Sehun.

 

“That’s what you got when you say non sense thing,” said Baekhyun.

 

“Actually, that’s kinda makes sense,” I heard Chanyeol said in a quiet voice but Baekhyun still caught it because I saw him sending another glare at Chanyeol.

 

“Okay okay, we better stop. What brings you guys here?” I finally took over the situation while smiling at Sehun and Kai.

 

“We bring our lunch here. Let’s eat it here,” said Sehun. I glanced at Baekhyun, asking for his agreement.

 

“No,” he said.

 

“Why? It sounds fun eating here, right, Sehun-ah?” I said while winking at him. Sehun nodded enthusiastically, followed by Kai and Chanyeol.

 

“Are you now on their side?” Baekhyun asked me while raising his eyebrows. I shrugged off my shoulder. He looked at me and the others back and forth before finally sighed in defeat.

 

“Fine,” he said. We quickly sat on Baekhyun’s sofa and took out the lunch from the plastic bag Sehun’s brought. We enjoyed the lunch with Baekhyun being teased and Chanyeol being hitted by Kyungsoo. I swear to God, we’re very noisy. I’m afraid we will disturb the other workers but seems like no one in this room care about it.

 

“Anyway hyung, your dearest sister will come tomorrow,” said Kai suddenly. I raised my eyebrows? Sister? I thought Baekhyun only has a brother.

 

“Sister? Since when did I---ah, that ahjumma,” I heard Baekhyun scoffed. I looked at him.

 

“Eyy, you gonna miss her though,” this time, Chanyeol .

 

“No way,” he said while digging on his food. I looked around the others. What did they mean? Who’s this girl they’re talking about? Seem like Kyungsoo caught my confused face because he suddenly spoke to me.

 

“This girl we’re talking about is actually one of our cousins, which is Baekhyun’s dearest sister,” he explained to me. I nodded.

 

“No, she’s not my dearest cousin,” said Baekhyun while looking at me.

 

“She’s really kind actually, she get along well with all of us except Baekhyun,” added Kai.

 

“Right,” said Baekhyun.

 

“Why?” I asked.

 

“Not a big thing, Taeyeon-ah. They’re just like that. They like to quarrel over simple thing and mock each other. But there’s nothing really serious,” added Chanyeol. I nodded. Ah, that kind of relationship. I also act like that with my cousins and brother. The others then told me about this girl who’s actually at the same age of me. From what I heard, this girl is pretty and independent. She has a strong personality which makes her quite hard to get close to, but deep down, she has a beautiful heart.

 

“Can’t wait to see her,” I said, after we finished our lunch and all the boys have left our room.

 

“You? Want to see her? Seriously?” said Baekhyun. I nodded and laughed.

 

“Why? Do you think she won’t like me?” I asked him back. He stood right in front of me and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

 

“It doesn’t matter what’s her opinion of you to me. It’s just she’s really annoying,” he said.

 

“I didn’t get that impression though based on what your cousins told me,” I said.

 

“Because she never acted like a around them,” he said.

 

I laughed. “You’re so mean,” I said. He just shrugged of his shoulder and then told me to get back to work. I nodded and pinched his cheeks before going back to my desk.

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

“Tired?” I asked her. She glanced at me through the front rear-view mirror.

 

“Everyone is tired though. This week has been really hectic, right?” she said while leaning her head on the window. I nodded in agreement. The annual meeting of the company is going to be held in Jeju Island. All stockholder and important relatives will attend this meeting, that’s why all workers were currently working twice harder than before. This is a meeting held by the company once a year and we won’t mess up this important event.

 

“We’re going to Jeju though next week,” I said. She nodded. I glanced at her. Her eyes are half-opened and she already yawned twice. “Sleepy?” I said. She looked at me and blushed.

 

“Yeah…I’m sorry. It’s so obvious, isn’t it?” she said. I laughed.

 

“It’s okay. Just go to sleep. I will wake you up when we arrived. You’re very busy today and you must be tired from going back and forth to Mr. Lee’s room,” I said.

 

She nodded and leaned back to her position. I turned the volume of the music down when I saw her already dozed in her sleep. I glanced at her sleeping face. She looks so peaceful and cute. I wiped off some of her hair strand that was covering her face. Even her sleeping face is beautiful. I smiled and looked back on the road. God, I’m so lucky to have her.

 

We arrived at Taeyeon’s house exactly at 10 p.m. I woke her up by poking her cheek. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open.

 

“Oh, we’ve arrived,” she said while wiping her face. I stifled a laugh, which makes her to look at me. “What?” she asked.

 

“You drooled,” I said.

 

“WHAT!?” she screamed and quickly wiped her lips.

 

“Just kidding, Taenggu-ah,” I said. She rolled her eyes.

 

“I thought it was true… It would be embarrassing,” she said. She then pinched my arm, making me flinch.

 

“You’re too strong woman,” I said while rubbing my arm.

 

“I know. By the way, thank you for taking me home,” she said while going out of the car. I lowered my head so that I can see her from the window.

 

“You have to pay for it,” I said.

 

“By?”

 

“Kiss,” I said. She laughed hard while covering .

 

“You’re unbelievable,” she said. I smirked at her.

 

“So?” I said. She looked at me and lowered her head to the window. She smirked back at me, making my heart skipped a beat. I notice the distance between me and her. , she’s too far from me. I was about to open my seatbelt so that I can get closer to her when she suddenly said:

 

“Later,” and she left my car. I smiled and leaned back on my car seat. Such a tease.

 

---

 

I was working on my computer when suddenly I heard a knock on the door. Taeyeon, who’s currently sitting in front of me while working on some documents (yes I asked her to do her works on my desk because there are some things to be discussed, and well, also because I want to be with her) glanced at me. She mouthed ‘who?’ which I replied with a shrug.

 

“Come in,” I said. The door opened, revealing all my cousins standing with a grin on each of their face.

 

“Wow, you guys finally know how to knock,” I said. They didn’t respond and close the door immediately. They walked quickly towards my desk and stood near us. “What are you doing?” I asked. Taeyeon looked confused as well.

 

“She’s coming, and we’re trying to hide here,” Sehun said while laughing.

 

“She’s going to be mad, I swear. It’s going to be funny,” added Chanyeol. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Don’t hide here. You know I will---“

 

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS—“ suddenly the door opened with a loud bang, followed by that noisy girl shouting at me and my cousins.

 

“ it, you’re here,” I said while rolling my eyes. She didn’t care me and stalked quickly to my cousins, who were currently laughing they off.

 

“Why did you hide from me, you dumbs?” she said while flicking each of my cousins forehead, including Kyungsoo (I know right, she’s really that kind of girl).

 

“Aww, that hurts noona,” whined Sehun, still laughing. They hugged each other before she finally turned to me.

 

“I don’t miss you, don’t worry,” she said with her head tilted. Here goes the cocky .

 

“So do I,” I said.

 

“Yuri?” suddenly I heard Taeyeon spoke. That cocky turned her head to my side and then her eyes widen instantly.

 

“TAEYEON!?” she half – screamed. I looked back and forth between Yuri and Taeyeon, and so do my cousins. Wait. They know each other?