The Vacation pt. 1

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I woke up to the warm feels on my hands. I squints my eyes, trying to remember of my whereabouts. Oh, right. I’m at hospital. I look over to my side, only to found a sleeping Baekhyun with her head resting on his folded arm and his other free hand holding my hand. I want to move but I’m afraid that I will wake him up so I decide to stay still while admiring his sleeping face.

 

His soft hair looks so messy and some strands covering his face. He looks so angelic when he sleep, like a little boy in a children’s tale. His puffy eyes, his cute nose and his beautiful shaped lips that I admire the most just make him even cuter. I will never be tired staring at his sleeping face like this. Why would I though?

 

Suddenly he stirred from his sleep and slowly he opens his eyes. When our gaze met, he sit straight quickly.

 

“Oh you wake up already?” he said as he rubs his face.

 

“Yes. Good morning anyway,” I said while grinning. He smiled and he leaned closer to kiss my forehead.

 

“Good morning too. Feeling better?” he asked. I nodded. “Good,” he said as he leaned back to his seat.

 

“Why didn’t you sleep on the sofa?” I asked him.

 

“Well it’s just I don’t want to leave you,” he said as he shyly grinned at me.

 

“It’s not far from my bed, Baek. And we’re both in this room, you aren’t leaving me,”

 

“Well, okay. I waited for you to fall asleep and yeah…I ended up sleeping here too,”

 

“So there are two reasons?”

 

“Yes, two,” he replied. “Still hurt?” he said.

 

“Please be specific,” I said with a small smile on my lips. He smiles bitterly and reached my other free hand to join my other hand in his holds.

 

“I’m sorry,”

 

“Stop. It’s never your fault,” I said as I pierced my eyes through him. I don’t want him to blame himself. He did nothing wrong, seeing him like this just hurt me more.

 

“So, your knee… Arms? Any injured area that’s still hurt?” he asked me. I shook my head and smiled at him.

 

“Just this knee, a bit. But the rest are fine,” I replied.

 

“And…how about your feeling?” he hesitantly asked me.

 

I sighed and closed my eyes. I want to forget everything. I don’t want to be reminded of it all. “I’m…trying to forget it. I don’t want it to bother my mind anymore,” I said.

 

“I will help you to forget it,” he said while he my cheek. I leaned on to his touch, feeling the warmness of him. It’s so calming.

 

“How?”

 

“Should I kiss you?” he said while smirking. I lightly punch his arm.

 

“You byuntae,”

 

“But you want it,” he said as he leaned closer. I know it, he’s teasing me. I keep my eyes open, I don’t want to be that fool girl in drama that got teased when she closed her eyes but the boy didn’t kiss her.

 

“You’re not closing your eyes?” he said as his face just an inch away from my face. I can feel his hot breath brushing my cheeks. I shook my head, still staring into his teasing eyes (which somehow look y as hell).

 

“You’re teasing me,” I said.

 

“You sure?” he said as he leaned even closer. Damn, is he going to kiss me for real?

 

His lips were only a few centimeters from mine when suddenly his phone rang. He scowled as he reached his hand on to the bedside table.

 

“Such an intruder,” he murmured. I laughed at him. He read the caller ID and raised his eyebrows. “Oh, it’s from Yuri,” he said.

 

“Answer it,” I said. He glanced at me and gave me his phone. “Why?” I asked.

 

“I think she wants to talk to you though,” he said.

 

Suddenly the door opened in a loud thud, making both of us surprised. We both looked at the open door, only to found Yuri and her cousins walk into the room.

 

“Why it took you so long to answer my call?” she said as she walked to my bed. I smiled while Baekhyun just rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“You guys ruined my morning,” he said as he stood up from the seat and went to the bathroom.

 

“Tch, morning my ,” said Chanyeol. He then looked at me and smiled. “How do you feel, Taeyeon-ah?” he asked.

 

“Better, Chanyeol-ah,” I replied with a smile.

 

“Noona, we bring you some food and fruits. And ah, for that hyung too,” Sehun said as he put some plastic bag on to the table next to my bed. I mouthed thank you to him.

 

“Does it still hurt?” asked Yuri.

 

“Which one?”

 

“Ah yeah, you have a lot…” she said bitterly.

 

“Don’t be like that. I’m fine except this cut on my knee. It still hurt a bit. But overall, I’m much better and fine. Thanks to all of you,” I said.

 

“We’ve heard what happened yesterday from Yuri. That guy is already on the right hand. He deserves some punishment though,” said Suho to me.

 

“Thank you so much, Suho-ssi. And to all of you,” I said.

 

“It’s fine. You’re part of us now. If you get hurt, we will protect you,” said Kyungsoo. I smiled, they’re all so nice to me. How could I even repay all of their kindness?

 

“Anyway noona, doctor said you’re free to go today. And Yuri noona have something to tell you,” said Kai. I raised my eyebrows at her which Yuri replied with a grin.

 

“What is it?” suddenly Baekhyun voice can be heard. He walked towards my bed and sits next to me.

 

“Ok, so…well, I want to apologize to you. I’m so sorry Taeyeon. I should have never asked you to come with me,” she said as she held my hand.

 

“It’s fine, oh my God, Yuri. How many times should I tell you that this is never your fault,” I replied her as I squeezed her hand.

 

“And I want to apologize to you too, Baekhyun. I’m sorry of what happened to Taeyeon,” she said. I was surprised though. This is my first time I heard Yuri talking nicely to Baekhyun.

 

“It’s fine. Not your fault either. But later in the future, please don’t do such thing again,” he said. Yuri just nodded at his warn.

 

“Now, this is the most important thing,” she said as she grins widely. “We’re going for a vacation!” she said as she raised her arms up into the air. I gaped at her words, and so does Baekhyun.

 

“No way, we have works. We need to go back to Korea today,” said Baekhyun.

 

“No, we don’t. I’ve asked my dad yesterday and talked to your father. I told her that I did something bad to Taeyeon and I asked him to give Taeyeon a rest and then I manipulate his mind… I persuade him to give us a 3 days holiday to celebrate my coming back from US. I used my aegyo and pleaded at him with my best acting which causes him and my dad to finally agree. Uncle really can’t resist my aegyo though!” she said excitedly. We’re all chuckled at her story except Baekhyun who’s face palming right now.

 

“I don’t understand why my dad could never resist your low class aegyo since childhood…” he murmured.

 

“Hey, prick, I heard that. You are low as well,” said Yuri.

 

“In what specifically?” replied Baekhyun. Here comes back the bickering duo again.

 

“Your face,”

 

“What the—“

 

“Can you guys stop please?” said Kyungsoo in annoyance. Both of them rolled their eyes at each other which makes me sighed. When will these two can have a nice relationship?

 

“So, what do you say?” she continued as she stared at me. I glanced at Baekhyun who’s also staring at me.

 

“When will we go?” I asked her.

 

“Today. We only have 3 days though and we better go as soon as possible,” she said.

 

“But my clothes—“

 

“Don’t worry, I’ve prepared everything for you. And let’s assume Baekhyun has prepared his as well,” she said.

 

“Prepared my ,” I heard Baekhyun murmur next to me but Yuri ignore him.

 

“So?”

 

“Well, I’ll just follow the plan then,”

 

“Is it a yes?” she asked me.

 

I glanced at Baekhyun who just shrugged his shoulder while looking at me. “Well, yeah I guess,” I finally said while smiling at Yuri, which cause her to jumps excitedly as the response while the rest cheering at me. I smiled at them all, at least we can have some quality time together~