I Miss You

Bittersweet Journey

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

“I love you,”

 

“I love you too,”

 

 

 

May I said, that it’s been a month since her disappearing from my life? No one know her where about, nor her phone number or even a mere info about her. Yuri said her house is empty, her family is no longer living there since God only knows when.

 

We’ve tried our best, to contact her acquaintance from some info that Suho hyung has collected but still, the result is empty. I’ve even flown to America, trying to find her with a very little information I had. I got the hotel where there trainee should stay but what confused me was, she’s not there. I called the organizer again but they insisted that she joined this program. They still didn’t spill any information regarding her so I decided to come back to Korea since I couldn’t do anything there either.

 

 

To be honest, I miss her so so so bad that it’s killing me every second, every minute, every hour, and every day. I miss her smile. Her carefree laugh, her cute expression when she ate, her pouts whenever I made her mad, her sparkling eyes during our date, her warm hug whenever I am sad, her light kisses after I woke up from my sleep, her tiny figure inside my embrace,,, and basically, herself as whole.

 

And I just want her to know that I’m still the same Baekhyun she knew, the one who will always love her and the one who will always have his heart filled only with one name, Kim Taeyeon.

 

---

 

“Baekhyun, are you sure you don’t want to get a…err, you know, new—“

 

“No,” I firmly snapped at Chanyeol. I heard him sighed.

 

“But Baekhyun, you can’t work alone. You need someone to help you. And what if she—“

 

“She will,” I cut him again.

 

There was a long silence engulfing us before he finally speak up.

 

“How are you so sure?” he asked as he came closer to my desk. I rose from my seat and walked towards the window.

 

“I don’t know. Faith,” I said short. He chuckled lightly.

 

“Then you surely has a quite faith on her since it’s been three months since her disappearing,” he said as sat on my desk.

 

“I don’t know bro. It’s just, there’s something that keep me believing she’s still loves me and one day, she will come back to me,”

 

“But you don’t know where she is,” he said, the matter of fact. I sighed as I turned to him.

 

“That’s why, it’s called faith,” I bitterly said. He looked at me and I know he pities me.

 

“I feel bad that it happened between you two. I hope…one day, life will bring you guys back together,” he said as he rose from my desk and tapped my shoulder. I smiled weakly at him. As he walked towards the door, suddenly we heard a knock.

 

“Come in,” I said. And that’s when I saw a girl, standing there with her hand on the door knob. Her hair becomes shorter and her figure becomes…skinnier?

 

“Oh…err, hi….Hyemi,” said Chanyeol awkwardly. I inhaled deeply. This is the first time I met Hyemi again since that time I left her in front of the restaurant.

 

“Hi…uhh, hi oppa,” she said quietly. I can feel the awkwardness around us, and it suffocates me. I stared at her, eyes boring into her and I think it makes her quiver a bit. She pales momentarily and it makes me realize that I’ve been too harsh for another first meeting with her. As much as I hate her for the reason Taeyeon left me, I don’t want to be a jerk again. At least, I don’t want to hurt her again.

 

“I guess I should just leave. Bye guys,” said Chanyeol hurriedly as he escaped from the room. She just nodded at him and stood still there, not moving a bit while facing down and not even dare to look at me.

 

“Just come in, Hyemi,” I said. And with that, she snapped her head up and finally walked slowly to my desk.

 

I sat on my chair and let her to sit too.

 

“So, how are you?” I asked her. She inhaled deeply before she finally speak up.

 

“I’m fine, thank you for asking,” she weakly said.

 

I didn’t utter any word again, and so did she. I don’t know what to say though. I am mad at her for the thing she did but I hurt her too. And I think I’m in no position to snap at her.

 

After some minutes of silence, she finally said something.

 

“I’m sorry, for what happened between you and unnie. And oppa, I need you to know that really really felt bad for the thing I did. I want to make it up,” she said.

 

I raised my eyebrow. Make it up? How?

 

“I know you’ll ask me how but first, before I tell you, I need to know…do I get your forgiveness?” she asked me.

 

I stared at her eyes and moment later, I smiled at her. “Yes, I forgive you. And Hyemi, I’m sorry too that I can’t fulfill your wish. That I can’t be your—“

 

“It’s alright,” she cuts me off. “I’ve learned a lot oppa, trust me. I now know that love cannot be pushed. It’s the decision between two people. It’s about two people’s feeling and I can’t control it. But oppa, I want you to know that I…still like you, but not like before. I won’t do things like that again, I promise. I like you as my oppa, that’s all,” she said as a smile appeared on her lips.

 

That makes me smile also. Finally, my cute dongsaeng Hyemi is back.

 

“And now, here’s the most important thing,” she said as she sat straight.

 

I waited for her to continue.

 

“I found her,”

 

 

Three words. Only three words from and I’m already standing up from my seat.

 

“What!? You meant…you—“

 

“Yes!” she said while smiling. I stood still there, trying to comprehend of what just happened.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked her again. I want to make sure that I heard it right. She smiled at me as she put some strands of her hair behind her ear.

 

“Taeyeon unnie. I found her. She’s here, in Korea,” she pronounced every single word carefully, trying to assure me that it’s real.

 

I stared straight into her eyes.

 

“You are not kidding me right!?” I asked her again.

 

“No. I’m being serious here. Now stop asking and follow me,” she said as she rose from her seat and walked towards the door. Noticing that I didn’t follow her, she turned back at me again.

 

“Until when will you stand there?” she asked while rolling her eyes.

 

“Why should I follow you?” I asked her. My mind is still a mess and I didn’t understand what she meant.

 

She chuckled before she answered my question.

 

“So that you can meet Taeyeon unnie. What else?” and with that, she left me. And seconds later, I can hear her giggles when I’ve ran across the room to caught up with her.

 

---

 

“Here?” I asked her. She nodded.

 

“Jeonju?” I asked her again. She nodded again.

 

“See that café? That’s her parent’s café. And she worked there to help her parent. Now go meet her,” she said as she pushed me out of her car.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Do I look like I’m kidding? I’m sure oppa!” she said as she rolled her eyes on me.

 

“How do you know?”

 

“Long story and I’ll tell you later. Now go!” she said and with that she left me.

 

 

I gulped down my own saliva as I walked towards the café in front of me. I stared at the wooden board on the side. Kim’s Café.

 

Is Taeyeon really there?

 

I pushed the door and walked in nervously. There are a lot of people inside and it’s the rush hour, I guess. I noticed some waiter and waitress walking around from table to table. Not even a single person noticed my presence.

 

I glanced around, trying to find the girl I want to meet since God knows when. As I scanned the room from left to right, that’s when I found a familiar figure, standing behind the cashier table. She’s looking into the computer screen in front of her. She’s so focused and I took the time to admire her face. She looks the same. Nothing changes from her besides her lighter color hair which she puts in a ponytail.

 

Suddenly, she looked up and our eyes met. And it feels like world stop rotating for a second, the chattering sound can no longer be heard while my breathing become more frequent. I can see her face pales momentarily before it comes to normal. agape as I walked closer to her.

 

Me? I don’t even know what’s going on inside my head. It’s overwhelming me to finally see her that I don’t even care of what happened around me. And when I’m quite close to her, I finally can feel that I have held my breath since I saw her again.

 

She stood still, surprised at my presence. Her eyes wavered while looking at my face. I took the time to stare into her brown orbs. That eyes that always reflect my smile whenever I’m with her. Then I moved down to her lips. The lips that will always pulled upward whenever she saw me. Then I glanced up again, only to meet her eyes for the second time today. And when she was about to say something, I let out three words that I want to tell her from months ago.

 

“I miss you,”