A Promise

Bittersweet Journey

One year later

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

“Baek,” I heard her voice but I didn’t even try to budge.

“Baekhyun-ah,” she called me again.

“YA! BYUN BAEKHYUN WAKE—“ and I pulled her into my embrace to shut her up.

“Too noisy. I’m still sleepy,” I said as I hugged her closer.

She didn’t utter any single word and instead just laid her palm against my chest. I almost doze off to sleep again when her voice can be heard again.

“We should wake up. It’s already nine. Breakfast is ready,” she said.

“We’ll eat it later. Let’s just have a little more sleep, hm? Aren’t you tired of yesterday?” I asked her as I eyed her expression.

“Not really. I enjoyed the party though,” she grinned at me.

“No, I meant last night,” I smirked at her. She scowled at me before giving me a smack on my chest.

“You ert,” she said. She then stood up immediately and pulled me up with her. I lazily sat on the bed as I watched her bringing me a t-shirt.

“Come on, get up and let’s eat breakfast. I’m hungry,” she pouted at me. I chuckled at her as I wore my t-shirt and then interlocked my hand with her as we exited our room.

“Alright my wifey,” I said as I kissed the ring resting on her finger.

“Stop with the wifey, it’s gross,” she said as she laughed at me. I just smiled at her and kissed her knuckle before bringing her hand into my side.

“Oh come on Mrs. Byun, you’ll like it,” I said.

“We’ll see Mr. Byun,” she smiled.

---

The day before

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

I held my gaze longer than I thought. The moment I saw her gracefully walked down the aisle with her father next to her, I can’t stop smiling. She looks stunning; the simple white gown that we chose together literally fit her like it was made just for her.

She didn’t wear heavy make-up nor sparkling accessories. She’s her, the simple Taeyeon I know. She pulled up her hair and I swear she looks younger than her real age. Her white heels fit her and makes her looks taller and skinnier than before.

I was so mesmerized. It feels like time stopped and every voice and sound out there died off. As she gets closer, I can feel my breathing become harder. She is gorgeous, well perfect I guess. I don’t even know how to describe her right now because God knows how amazed I am right now with the view.

As she was finally in front of me, her father gave her hand on my hand.

“Take care of her. Promise me,” he said. I bowed at him politely.

“I will and I promise, sir,” I said. Then I averted my gaze to the most beautiful woman who’s currently looking at me with so much happiness written on her face. I pulled her closer as I stared into her brown orbs.

“You look amazing baby,” I whispered.

“And so do you,” she smiled.

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

“You may declare your vow,” said the priest.

Baekhyun turned his body at me and I swear I almost faint from the gaze he gave to me. It was so soft and yet full of determination.

"I Byun Baekhyun, take you Kim Taeyeon, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."

I tear up as I heard his vow. God knows how glad and happy I am in the moment. He smiled at me as he wiped the tear escaped from my eyes. I exhaled slowly before I declared mine.

"I Kim Taeyeon, take you Byun Baekhyun, to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."

And then I saw a single tear makes its way down from his cheek. I smiled at him.

“Now, I declare the two of you as husband and wife. And may God be the leader of your marriage for eternity. You may now kiss each other,” we heard the priest again.

Baekhyun held my cheek as he wiped the tears on it. I closed my eyes as the warmth spread from the tips of her fingers to every inch of my body.

“Thank you,” his voice makes me open my eyes again.

“Thank you too. And I love you,” I said.

“I love you too,” he said and then he captured my lips. It’s just a simple kiss, the soft one, like our first kiss; full of memories.

We didn’t take it long. We had much time for it later. As he pulled back from the kiss, I can hear the shout of joy from the audience. I turned my head around, spotting my parents and Baekhyun’s parent who watched us with so much proud on their face, my best friends who cheered on me like some kind of cheerleader, Baekhyun’s cousins who non-stop whistling at us since the beginning of the ceremony and Hyemi who gave us thumbs up.

I felt fortunate; to be able to experience this, to have them and most importantly, to have him.

“It feels great,” I murmured as I put my forehead against him.

“It’s beyond,” he replied.

---

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

“What are you thinking?” his voice snapped me up.

“Ah? Oh, nothing. Just yesterday,” I smiled at him as I watched the ocean on the side.

“Which one?” and I heard his teasing voice again.

I rolled my eyes on him as I took a sip of tequila I ordered before.

“Our wedding, Baekhyun,” I said. He chuckled at me as he sips his glass of tequila.

“I’m still in dazed. Like I can’t believe it that I finally have you for eternity,” he smiled at me. I looked at him and nodded at his statement.

“Me too,”

“And I’m glad that I’ll be the first and the last to peel off that gorgeous wedding dress on you,” he smirked.

“Here we go again,” I lazily scoffed at him.

“Isn’t that romantic?”

“No. It’s ert,”

“Which part?”

“The peel off part of course! Your choice of words always amaze me for real,” I said. He laughed at me and held my hand on his.

“I feel grateful,” he said.

“For peeling off my dress?” I snickered at him.

“Of course not! I meant yeah that one too but actually for you,” he said.

I held my gaze on him as I remembered the day he proposed to me.

“Me too,” I smiled upon him. He then told me to come to him. I stood up from my seat and sat on his lap. He had his one arm circling my waist and other one on my lap. I leaned onto his shoulder as I held his hand on my lap.

“It’s quite a journey for us before. Up and down, but we made it through,” I said as we kept our gaze into the ocean.

“Like a roller coaster?”

“Well something like that,” I said.

“We tasted it all. Bitter and sweet,” he said. I hummed in response.

“But we have promised to each other, right? To stay with each other,” he murmured as he kissed the temple of my head.

“Yes, it’s a promise,” I said as I surrendered into his kiss.

 

It’s always a promise.

To have an eternity with each other…

And to cherish each moment.

 

 

 

fin

 

AWW IT’S FINISHED GUYS!

I feel so grateful to all of my readers and subscribers. Thank you for reading this and thank you for the support for our lovely couple, BaekYeon. I won’t make it all without the support from all of you too!

 

Also…

I am actually planning into writing a new story of BaekYeon and I promise you it will be different from this one. But I’ll make the plan first since I already had the plot in my mind. Updating will be harder and lesser to do in the future but I’ll try to make time.

Once again, thank you all! I LOVE YOU!