Discomposure

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

The sound of the blasting music almost makes my ear to burst. I looked around, trying to adapt myself and to find a good spot for myself. I’m not an outcast person, I know club and how to ‘club’. I’ve gone to some clubs before, not so many because I’m not that type of person. I visited club only when I was with Yuri or Tiffany, if not with them, I will never visit one. But since from that incident, I’ve become a bit traumatic hence I’ve never visited any since then.

But today, I tried to convince myself that I can do this. That I can move on from the past and be the old Taeyeon again, the one who can enjoy the club as what youngsters did. I breathe in and out, trying to make myself much more relaxed. I glanced at my clothes again; good thing Yuri picked me an outfit that wasn’t so revealing. At least I can feel a bit secure.

“Taeyeon-ah, you okay?” I heard Yuri as she nudged my elbow.

“I’m okay, it’s just…feel a bit awkward after so long,” I smiled bitterly.

“If you’re not feeling okay, just tell me. We will straightly go home. Remember, my priority right now is still your safety,” she said. Her protective self is back, but I’m not complaining though.

“I get it boss, geez. Just do what you should do,” I said, trying to ease her worrisome.

“I saw him,” she said.

“Where?”

“There. Sitting next to a guy with a white shirt,” she said as she pointed her finger towards the bar area. I squints my eyes a bit, trying to get a quite view of the man she meant. I can spot a young man, with a great body built, sitting at the bar seat while sipping a glass of his liquor.

“Go,” I said.

“I’m so nervous. How should I approach him?”

“Seriously? You are like the master of dating advice from all of us, why are you asking me?”

“Excuse me but my brain isn’t functioning really well right now. It feels so awkward,” she scoffed as she leaned onto the wall next to us.

“Just greet him. Make it casual and said that you just come and then you spot him,” I said after thinking quite a bit. She glanced at me.

“You’re good. Who taught you? That prick?” she said.

I rolled my eyes. “He isn’t a prick, he is my boyfriend. And no, no one taught me,” I said.

“Well, then let’s go,” she said as she held my arms. I released my arms from her grasp, making her looking at me with confused eyes.

“No, you go alone,” I said.

“WHAT!?” she half-scream.

“Yuri, please. You have to meet him alone. It will be awkward if you’re with me. You guys will try to catch up with me and have a conversation with me too instead of having a conversation between only the two of you,” I said.

“And leaving you alone here? Hell no,”

“Ok, how about I sit there, behind him and you?” I said as I pointed her the spot I meant. She finally agreed and I followed her from behind. As we got closer, I can sense how Yuri gets even more nervous. I almost laughed at her for being so unusual of her but then I remember this is her first time so I will just let it go. I motioned her to go first and I took the seat behind them. I winked at her, giving her two thumbs up which makes her finally have some courage in herself to approach that guy.

The man seems a bit surprised as Yuri suddenly tapped her shoulder, but then I can see him smiling as he saw Yuri. They shake hands and he motioned Yuri to sit next to him. I think he ordered something for Yuri as I saw him calling the bartender. It’s been 20 minutes since they met and they seem getting more comfortable as the conversation goes on. I leaned on to my chair in relieved. See, Yuri? You can do it.

I tried to divert my attention to some people dancing on the dance floor. I ordered an orange juice. I don’t want to make myself drunk tonight, after all, I need to play safe. I closed my eyes after I took a sip of the juice. The memory of that incident strikes me again. It was so awful but then I’ve promised myself to be stronger than before. Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrating. I looked at the caller ID and I can feel my face pale. .

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

Yuri must have said something to these dumbs because they keep trying to make me busy with them. I know Yuri wants some that so called girls talk right now with Taeyeon, but hey, 2 hours are enough I guess. Now it’s time for me to spend my night with my girlfriend. I’m not being over…right?

“Guys, now tell me what number is Yuri’s room?”

They just gave me a blank look, except Chanyeol who’s still busy with his phone.

“Fine, I’ll just find it out,” I snapped.

“Come on hyung, Yuri noona will be mad at us. Just hold on a little longer,” said Sehun.

“No,” I said as I pulled out my phone. I immediately typed “Taenggu” on the contact list and called her phone. It takes her quite long to finally answered the call.

“Ne…?” she said. I can hear a feel of hesitation on her tone. What is it?

“Taeyeon-ah? Are you ok?” I asked her.

“Oh? Yeah, I’m ok, Baek,” she said. Wait, it feels like she is not at a room. It’s quite noisy.

“Where are you?” I asked her. I can feel my tone change into a serious one, making the rest of the boys have their eyes on me.

“Uh…outside,” she said. She sounded more hesitant now.

“Alone?”

“No, with Yuri,” she said.

“Where?”

“Uh…”

“Where are you, Taeyeon?” I said. Chanyeol now have his eyes on me too.

“At a club,” she said.

“WHAT?” I shouted. “You are at a club and you’re not telling me? Don’t tell me this is Yuri’s plan, oh God Taeyeon seriously?” I half-yelled at her.

“I’m sorry but this is quite complicated, Baek. I will tell you the detail later. I’m a grown up woman, Baek. I’m fine,” she said.

“Yeah but you didn’t tell me,”

“I’m sorry okay? I will---“ suddenly she stopped talking.

“Hello? Taeyeon? Taeyeon?” I called her name.

“Baek, I’ll call you later,” she said as she ended the call. I stared at my cellphone in a complete confusion. Then the discomposure hits me. What happened to her? She sounded like she’s afraid of something when she said the last words to me.

“Hey, what happen?” suddenly Suho hyung tapped my back.

“Oh? Taeyeon, she’s in the club, with Yuri,” I said.

“Baekhyun-ah, why are you so scared? They’re all grown up ladies, it’s ok. I’m sure it’s not the first time for Taeyeon to go to a club though,” said Chanyeol, trying to lighten up the mood.

“But she sounded scared when she ended the call. I think something happened to her,” I said. I can feel cold sweats running down my nape and my palms.

“Call her again,” said Suho hyung in demand. I called her again but this time, she didn’t pick it up. I call her again and the result is the same. I become more panic and panic. , I didn’t get to ask the club though. I called Yuri but she didn’t answer as well. I grasp my hair in frustration. Damn it, where are they?

“Calm down, Baekhyun. Let’s think positive ok?” said Kyungsoo.

“I can’t calm down. She sounded scared for God’s sake,” I said as I keep walking back and forth. I dialed Taeyeon’s number again but still, no response. The others tried to call Yuri’s as well but the result is the same.

“Where the are they!?” I hollered.

God I was so afraid. The panic built even bigger on my mind. God please let Taeyeon be safe, please. Suddenly, my phone rang. It’s Yuri. I immediately answered the call.

“FOR SAKE WHERE WERE---“

“Baekhyun, help--,” she said in a half-crying tone. I can feel my face pales. Damn it, what is it?

“YAH, YURI WHAT HAPPENED?” I shouted. The others stand surrounding me.

“Taeyeon---she,” she cried. .

“YURI I NEED YOU TO STOP CRYING. WHAT HAPPEN TO TAEYEON!?”

“She fainted…and she’s bleeding now,” she choked on her words. I can feel my legs turn jell-o. Oh my god, no no, why.

“How come? , HOW COME?” I yelled at her.

“I’ll tell you later, you can blame me. But right now, please come here as soon as possible. We’re at DC Club, not far from the hotel. Please be quick I beg you,” she said. I ended the call and immediately reached my car key.

“What happened?” asked Suho hyung.

“Hyung I need you to come with me, the rest of you too might want to come. Taeyeon…she fainted and I don’t know what really happened. We need to be quick,” I said as I ran out of the room. The rest immediately followed me as well after they take their car keys with them. I sat on the driver seat with Suho hyung next to me. The rest were in Sehun’s car.

“Calm down, Baekhyun. Let’s pray Taeyeon will be just fine,” said Suho hyung.

I can’t really focus on his words. I just hummed a response because my mind was so full of worries over Taeyeon. Damn, I don’t want to think of the worse but I hope she will be fine. A tear almost escaped from my eyes and I quickly wiped it off. I can’t imagine her bleeding and unconscious. That thought just pained my heart. I drove my car in full speed with my palms cold of the sweats. God please let her be fine, I love her, I pray to myself.