I'm So Doomed

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I felt something on my face. It's dripping from my forehead down to my eyes. It’s cold and tickles my skin. I felt…wait, what? Is it water? I opened my eyes only to find my brother spilling his glass of water above my face while smiling triumphantly. I popped my eyes out. "YAHHHHHH!!!! KIM TAEJOON!!!", I screamed loudly. 

 

He backs off, laughing endlessly. I woke up and sit on the edge of my bed. I wipe my face and glare at him. What the hell is this kid doing? It's morning and I'm not in the mood to land my fist over his face. "Why are you spilling water on my face, you dumb?" I asked him. He is still laughing, making me to grab my pillow and throw it over him. Unfortunately, he catched it.

 

“Easy woman, I’m just waking you up,” he said, still laughing.

 

“Yeah, you spilling water on my face and drenched my hair is the best way to wake your sister up, very efficient,” I said sarcastically.

 

He just laughed and stand up from the floor. “Yeah I know right, now go take a bath, you will be late,” he said.

 

I scoff at him, “You’re my dongsaeng, why do you act like you’re the older one?”

 

“I won’t act like the older one if only my 25 years old sister will wake up on time and stop being such a kid,” he scoff back, shooting me a glare.

 

“That’s because I had overtime last night, I got home at 1 a.m for your information,” I answered back. He rolled his eyes on me and walk to my bedroom door.

 

“Yeah, that’s your own problem. Can’t you at least thank me a bit for waking you up on time. Go take a bath and prepare yourself. Mom is waiting for breakfast,” he said lastly before leaving my room. I just smile and stand up from my bed. He’s 2 years younger than me but he acts like an oppa, tch that kid. I look over my watch, oh dear God it’s already 6.30 a.m, no way I’m going to late. I immediately went into my bathroom and take a shower as fast as I could. I pick my favorite office suit that match well with my black heels. I comb my hair, put a light make up and tint my lips with my favorite soft pink lip gloss. I stare at my reflection again. Yep you’re good to go Kim Taeyeon, I smiled and take my bag before leaving my room.

 

“Good morning mom! Where is dad?” I greet her and kiss her cheek.

 

“Morning baby, your father is leaving early today. He left 10 minutes ago. He has an important meeting to attend this early,” she answered while giving me a plate of bacon and toast. I ate it as fast as I could and drink my tea in a speed of light.

 

“Why are you so in hurry?” my mom asked me while staring at me, confused.

 

“Someone is late mom, that’s what she got when she can wake herself up on time,” my brother answered while munching his toast.

 

“Shut up, you look gross by talking and eating at the same time,” I shot him a glare before grabbing my bag. He just rolled his eyes on me, still munching his toast. “I gotta go, goodbye mom,” I kissed my mom’s cheek then make my way towards my front door. I left my house and run to the nearest bus stop. Thankfully, the bus come on time. It only took 20 minutes until I finally arrived at my office. I showed my ID card to the scanner in front of the main door before entering the building.

 

“Good morning Taeyeon-ssi,” one of the receptionist greeted me. I greet her back and went straight to the main elevator. I reach my office floor and went straight to my desk.

 

“Taeyeon, good morning!,” my bestfriend Tiffany greet me. She’s my co-workers too. We work in the same field in our office.

 

“Morning Tiff, how was you day?” I asked her back.

 

“It’s good I guess. By the way, Mr. Kim wants to meet you now,” she said. I raised my eyebrows towards her which she replied by shrugging off her shoulder. I stand up from my seat and walk towards Mr. Kim room. I knocked on the door.

 

“Mr. Kim, this is Taeyeon, are you looking for me?” I asked him.

 

“Just come in Taeyeon-ssi,” he answered. I opened his room’s door and sit in front of his desk. He took some maps from his drawers and give it to me.

 

“What is this sir?” I asked him.

 

“Starting tomorrow, you’re going to move to 20th floor, you have a new position there,” he said while smiling. I stared at him in disbelief.

 

“But 20th floor is like the place for the heirs of this company, I mean people who works there are at higher level than me. Am I getting promoted?” I asked him. He laughed at my question.

 

“No need to be scared and nervous Taeyeon-ssi. You’re a great worker. You’ve improved a lot in your working skill. You will fill the secretary place for the new vice director,” he said calmly. I popped my eyes out and gape at his statement. Holy .

 

“WHAT!? A new vice director? Oh, uhh, I’m sorry, Mr. Kim,” I apologized after I realized that I just shouted in front of him. He smiled and gives me another map.

 

“Yes Taeyeon-ssi, don’t worry, you’ll do great. There will be 6 new workers that will work at that floor and they’re not just ordinary workers. They will fill the place as vice director, managers and co-managers. We’ve picked 3 best workers to fill the secretary position but at the end we choose you, so congratulations. You may now take your leave,” he said dismissing me. I stood up and bow at him. I left the room, still not believing of what has just happen. I told Tiffany everything, She squealed and hug me tightly (too tight I mean).

 

“CONGRATULATIONS! Oh my God you’re so cool! You know what, rumors said that the vice director is Mr. Byun’s son! And, people said he is good looking! He and his 5 cousins are coming back from U.S. They just finished their study there and now they’re going to work in this company. Some said that his 5 cousins are also good looking and yep all of them are going to work in the same floor as you!  Girl, I envy you so much! You’re so lucky!” she said while shaking my body. I let myself got shook by her excitement.

 

“How do you know? I never heard any of it before,” I said after she let me go. She rolled her eyes on me.

 

“Duh, seriously Kim Taeyeon? You have worked at Byun Corporation for almost 3 years and here you are clueless of everything,” she said.

 

“Unlike you who always gossips during your free time, I spend my free time playing games at my handphone,” I answered her while turning on my laptop. I saw her rolled her eyes once again on me before facing her desk again.

 

“Yeah whatever you kid,” she said. I smiled and start my works again. My last works in this floor.

 

---

 

“Oh my God, it’s already 9 p.m, Taeyeon aren’t you going home?” I heard Tiffany asked me. I shook my head.

 

“Fine, I’ll go first. Don’t overwork yourself, I will meet you again tomorrow before you leave this floor. Bye~” she said while grabbing his bag and gave me a flying kiss. I only hum my response.

 

I quickly typed my report and send the file to my boss. I glanced at my watch. Uh it’s already 10 p.m, I better go home. I think my report is already good enough. I closed my laptop and took my bag. I have moved all my belongings to my desk in 20th floor earlier this noon with the help of Tiffany. I glanced around my floor again. I will miss this floor for sure, I smiled a bitter one. I walked towards the elevator and press the down button.

 

Not for long, the elevator arrived at my floor. The door opened and I can see someone standing inside. A guy with black t-shirt and jeans while playing with his phone. He noticed my present and I slightly bow at him. He didn’t response though. I entered the elevator and the door closed. To be honest, I never saw this guy. And he is coming from the upper floor. My floor is in the 18th level, thus it means he must have been from 19th or 20th floor. But who is he? Only high-position workers belong to that level. But from the appearance, he doesn’t look like one. I didn’t realize that I was staring at him when he breaks the silence,

 

“Sorry, miss, but you haven’t pressed your floor button yet,” he said. I snapped from my thoughts and cough slightly, embarrassed.

 

“Ah yes, thank you for reminding me,” I said while pressing GF button.

 

“Were you staring at me?,” he asked me. I turn my head to my right, where he stood while laying his backside to the elevator wall. He is looking at me. What the hell, this guy has too much self-confidence.

 

“Uhm, no…why did you think like that?” I answered hesitantly. Okay I gotta admit, this is the most awkward thing I’ve ever said to someone I just met.

 

He just smirks at me and put his phone to his pocket jeans. Okay I found it weird. Why is he smirking? What is in his mind?

 

“I was just wondering who you are, I never saw you before,” I can’t help myself by saying it. Darn, why should I say that? I just want him to not to think that I was his admirer. I’m not looking at him because of his face (yeah I gotta admit he is good looking, but his hair is a bit messy)

 

He raised his eyebrows. He is looking intently at me. I gulped my own saliva. Why does it feel so intimidating?

 

“You don’t know me?” he asked me. Now he’s standing straight, no more laying his backside over the elevator wall. I shook my head.

 

“No I don’t know…” I answered him slowly.

 

He laughed a bit at my response. “Weird,” I unconsciously said it. He stopped laughing and back to staring at me. Before he can say anything, I hear a ‘TING’ sound, then the elevator door is opened. I looked at the floor sign. Well I’ve arrived already in the ground floor. I hurriedly leave the elevator, not wanting to continue my weird conversation with that guy. I left the building in a speed of light and stop a taxi to take me home. Phew, that was weird, I thought while smiling at myself.

 

---

 

The next morning, I arrived at my office 15 minutes earlier than usual. I don’t want to ruin my first day at my new position, I tidied my desk for the –nth time. I felt so nervous. I tidied my outfit too, I don’t want to looked un-presentable in front of my new boss. I pick my best outfit for today. I wore my white flower shirt with my dark blue blazer and dark blue pencil skirt. I wore my white pointed-toe heels and rolled my hair a bit. Not for long I can feel some people started to fuzz around me. I looked at the elevator and found a group of 6 people with Mr. Byun and Mr. Park beside them being greeted by the workers. They’re all are young and yes they’re all are good looking, although I can’t catch all of their faces. They started to walks towards the large room (yes there is a large room consists of 10 smaller rooms inside it, sort of vip room) where I stood at the front door with my others co-workers. When they get nearer, I can feel my feet turn into jell-o. I notice that guy, in that black suit and red tie with his hair gelled neatly, staring at me and smirks a bit. When they get close in front of us, they stopped. We all bowed to them.

 

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I present you the new workers that will fill the 6 vacant position in this room. First is Kim Joonmyeon, as the field 1 manager, Park Chanyeol as the field 2 manager and Do Kyungsoo as the field 3 manager,” Mr. Park started to introduce them to us while pointing them one by one. I can sense some of my female co-workers staring at them interestingly. “This is Kim Jongin as the intra manager and Oh Sehun as his co-manager,” he continued. Then his hand is now pointing that guy, who’s still staring at me.

 

“Lastly, this is Mr. Byun’s son, Byun Baekhyun and he will be our new vice director,” he said. I can feel my jaw dropped. Oh my God, that guy I met at the elevator, that guy who I said weird, is my new boss, I’m so doomed. I hide my blush and lowered my head.

 

“And Ms. Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” Mr. Park suddenly called my name. I raised my head and looked at him.

 

“You’re going to be Baekhyun-ssi new secretary, so please take him to his room and introduce yourself properly later,” he said. I only nodded my head and turn my attention to this guy a.k.a my new boss. He raised his eyebrows at me. I can feel my cheeks burning, damn it this is embarrassing.

 

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi, you may lead him to his office now,” Mr. Park remind me again.

 

“Ah yes, this way umm, Mr. Byun,” I said nervously. Everyone started to dismissed and back to their place and so did the other 5 guys. Mr. Park and Mr. Byun entered Mr. Byun office and here I am leading the way of this weird guy I met yesterday that turns out to be my boss to his room. And to make things worse, my desk is in one room with his so I will work with him together in one room.

 

“This is the room Mr. Byun,” I said while opening the door to let him in. He entered the room while I still standing outside the room, holding onto the doorknob. He turns his body and now looking at me.

 

“Are you not coming in? Your desk is here right?” he asked me. I quickly straighten myself and entered the room while closing the door.

 

“So now, do you know who I am?” he asked me while strolling around the room, looking at every detail in the shelf and the paintings inside the room. I still stood in front of the door, not daring to move any inch. Geez I’m so doomed.