Odd

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I put my tray of food on the table and Tiffany followed me from behind. She then put her tray on her table too and sit in the opposite of me.

 

“Where were you yesterday at lunch? I didn’t see you,” she asked while eating his bibimbap.

 

“I ate lunch outside,” I said. She nodded. “with Baekhyun-ssi,” I continued. She stopped eating. She then looked at me.

 

“You ate lunch with your boss!?” she said, half squealing. I pinch her cheeks.

 

“Lower your volume, miss,” I glared at her.

 

“Did you guys date?” she asked me. I glanced at her and then laughed a bit.

 

“What is wrong with you? We just ate lunch outside because he said he is bored with cafeteria food. Besides, we’re on our way back from the meeting, so yeah he suggested to eat outside. It’s not a date you silly,” I replied her while eating my sushi. She is ridiculous.

 

“Listen here miss, I’m not silly. Besides, from what I heard, he is not the type to hang out with girl. He must be comfortable enough with you,” she said. I raised my eyebrows.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked her back.

 

“Well, I heard he never had a girlfriend before and people rarely see him hang out and interact with girl outside office hours. He will only hang out with those who he feels comfortable with. He’s friendly but not an easy type to befriend with people he barely knew. But you, clumsy girl, you ate lunch with him together and it means you’re someone he’s comfortable with,” she said.

 

“We just ate lunch, and yes maybe he’s comfortable with me, I’m his secretary. And I think he’s just being nice,” I said. She rolled her eyes.

 

“Whatever, it’s no fun talking with you,” she said while drinking her juice. I just smirked. Well, isn’t it?

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I just finished another meeting with that company I forgot the name. It doesn’t mean I don’t care but it’s really hard to pronounce the name. It was a very long meeting, even I felt so tired. The meeting went well though, with my father being such an expert approaching and persuading the CEO to cooperate with us. I really need to learn a lot from him. I entered my room, with Taeyeon following me from behind.

 

“It went really well, wasn’t it?” I said while walking towards my desk.

 

“Yes it was. By the way this is the file from today’s meeting,” she said while handing me the folders. I took it from her hand and checked it a bit.

 

“It’s detail enough, good job,” I said. She smiled. That smile again.

 

“Well it’s my job. Anyway, it’s already past 8.30 p.m, you can just go home, Baekhyun-ssi. I will take care of the others,” she said. I glanced at the clock. Time surely passed so fast.

 

“And leaving you here alone?” I asked her. She glanced at me.

 

“Uhhh, yeah, it’s fine,” she said.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just go home later,” I said while leaning back on my chair.

 

“It’s okay I—“

 

“HYUNGGGGG,” I heard Sehun’s voice.

 

“You must knock before you enter this—“

 

“HYUNGGGGG,” I got cut off again. I rolled my eyes, now it’s Kai’s voice.

 

“Listen kids, in the future, knock first before entering the room,” I heard Suho hyung’s voice. Finally someone said it. They walked towards my desk.

 

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo noona!” Sehun greeted Taeyeon. Well at least he still have manner, thank God.

 

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo,” she replied while bowing to everyone.

 

“Let’s go home, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol suddenly appeared from my side.

 

“Uh, I will go home later, Taeyeon still needs to take care of some things,” I replied. I can sense Sehun smirked at me but I don’t care.

 

“Oh hoo, waiting her?” Chanyeol nudged my elbow.

 

“It’s okay Baekhyun-ssi. You can just go home with your friends, I will take care some things first. It won’t take long,” she assured me.

 

“It’s not okay,” Suho hyung suddenly speak. “I think it’s very considerate if Baekhyun wait for you. It’s quite late for girl. I think you can also drop her off home, Baekhyun,” he said. Well it’s fine though. Kai and Sehun keeps smirking while Chanyeol keeps sending me that teasing look when I agreed to Suho hyung’s suggestion. Taeyeon insisted at first but then Kyungsoo reassured her again to just accept the offer. After that, they left. It only took her 15 minutes though to take care of all the files and folders used for today’s meeting. We then left the building exactly at 9 p.m.

 

“Good thing I drop you home, it’s so late already,” I said while driving. She sat beside me. She then gave me the address of her house.

 

“Yes, thank you so much with this offer, Baekhyun-ssi, but I really feel that I troubled you,” she said.

 

“I’m just being nice though. Anyway, you can drop off your formalities towards me. I’ve known you for two months already and I already called you with no formalities. It’s okay, just call me Baekhyun,” I said.

 

“No, I can’t. You’re my boss. It doesn’t feel comfortable if I called you only by your name,” she said.

 

“Oh, well, then call me whichever you prefer then,” I said. She just nodded. We drove in silent. It felt awkward so I decided to turn on the radio. Then suddenly Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran can be heard.

 

“Woah, I love this song,” she suddenly spoke. I turned my head a bit at her. She had that small smile plastered on her lips. She then glanced at me. “Sorry,” she said.

 

“Why?” I asked her. I turned my head towards the road again.

 

“Uh, because I suddenly outburst at you,” she replied. I chuckled.

 

“No, that’s not what I mean. Why do you love this song?” I asked again.

 

“Oh, uhh…because it’s calming. The soothing voice and the lyrics too, it’s so good. I can’t express it with words,” she said. I turned my head again to hear. I don’t know what happens but she looks so gorgeous. Her side profile is so perfect, with her hair tugged behind her ears, her small smile on her lips and her twinkling eyes because of the road lights reflection. Geez, what happen with you, Baekhyun!? I shook my head a bit and turned my head again towards the front.

 

“Uh, yeah the song is good,” I can only reply her with those words. She chuckled. “Boys usually don’t enjoy this kind of song though, it’s understandable,” she said.

 

“No, I didn’t mean that. The song is good, really,” I said. “Do you like to sing?” I asked her.

 

“Um…yeah,” she hesitantly answered me.

 

“Really?” I asked her again. It’s quite surprising.

 

“Yes, but my voice is not really good,” she said.

 

“But I really hope one day I can hear your singing voice,” I suddenly said that. WHAT!? Did I just say that? I glanced at her through the front mirror. It may be dark but I know she blushed. Good, I just made the situation become awkward again. “Uh, I’m just curious though,” I said. Again, I’m being stupid. God, I never talked carelessly like this, what’s happening to me? She didn’t reply though. Before the atmosphere becomes more awkward, we finally arrived at her house. Her house isn’t big, it’s just a quite house with a small garden and a pond in front of it.

 

“Thank you for taking me home, Baekhyun-ssi” she said while closing my door car. I peeked over the opened window.

 

“Your welcome, have a nice rest, Taeyeon,” I said. She blushed again.

 

“Uh…yes, have a nice rest too. Good night,” she said then she bowed at me. She then turned her body and entered the house. I’m still stuck outside her house. What was that? She just wished me a nice rest and a good night but why does it feel so nice to hear that. I’ve heard it often from all my friends and my female friends too, but it never felt like this. Her words suddenly make my night felt better. I shook my head and then closed the door window. I drove off after looking at her house once again. This is odd, I’ve never felt this before.

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I closed the door behind me. I leaned on it. I peeked over the window. He has left. I touched my cheeks. It felt odd. The way he said ‘have a nice rest, Taeyeon’ makes me so flustered. I can feel my cheeks burning. But from what? Embarrassment? Shy? This is new for me. What is happening to me?