The Vacation pt. 2

Bittersweet Journey

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

“WOHOOO JEJUUUUU,” screamed Yuri and Sehun in unison as we arrived at our pension later in the evening.

“Hey guys, it’s not our first time here,” said Suho as he opened the car trunk. Kyungsoo and Kai helped him with some luggage while Chanyeol choose to join the two dumbs who’s excitedly bickering right now.

“Yeah but this is out first time to come here, as adults with my bestie Taeyeon,” said Yuri as she winked at Taeyeon. The latter just laughed as she wants to help me with our luggage on my hand.

“No, you just walk ahead,” I said.

“I’m fine. Let me help you, please, I’ll carry mine,” she said. I push away the luggage from her as she tried to reach her bag that I held.

“No. Just walk ahead,”

“But—“

“Taeyeon-ah,” I said.

“I’m not a child and I’m alright. But fine, whatever you say,” she pouted as she walked ahead with Yuri. I sighed and smiled at her attitude. She’s so cute when she pouted like that. I followed her from behind and put our luggage on the living room first.

“YAH PARK CHANYEOL, DID YOU JUST LEFT MY LUGGAGES OUTSIDE LIKE THAT?” I heard Yuri yelling at Chanyeol who’s currently checking the refrigerator for food.

“You have too much bags, I can’t bring it all,” he said as he grossly munched the cake he found in it. Yuri immediately rushed at him, trying to smack his head but Chanyeol ran away in a speed of light. That kid must’ve learned from all the time in his life.

“Aish, that punk,” she said as she dragged her luggage into the living room. I couldn’t care less, so I decided to sit on the sofa while waiting for Taeyeon who’s currently using the bathroom.

“Hey prick, you don’t want to help me?” I heard her voice.

“No,” I replied while playing with my phone.

“I have such bunch of ungrateful brats here,” she murmured. I can see her struggling with her big bags which makes me laugh inside.

“Argh, so heavy,” she nagged. She finally made it to the living room after minutes of struggle. “Where the is the others?” she nagged again.

“You’re so noisy, . And to answer your question, they’re at the backyard,” I said.

“You prick,” she said as she walked towards the backyard. I bet she will give them some lesson.

“When will you guys stop talking rudely like that?” suddenly, I heard Taeyeon voice. I usher her to sit next to me which she did.

“Never,” I said as I put my arm around her shoulder. “How are you feeling?” I asked her.

“Better,” she said as she smiled at me. I pull her closer as she leans her head on my shoulder.

“So, this is your family pension?” she asked.

“Yeah, this is my family pension. We always spend our summer holidays here, back then when we’re still kids. As we grow up, we rarely visit here so this is our first time here as an adult,” I said.

“Who take care of this?”

“We have Yang ahjumma and Yang ahjussi here. They’re husband and wife and we’ve known them since childhood. They live near here though,” I said.

“Okay love birds, stop cuddling,” suddenly Yuri’s voice can be heard again. I scoff in annoyance while Taeyeon just chuckled at her. The others followed her from behind and we’re all suddenly sitting on the sofa, forming a circle.

“So, we have this holiday plan I created. Tonight we’ll have our dinner here; I’ve asked Yang ahjumma to cook for us. Tomorrow, we’ll have a full tour around Jeju. You can choose where you want to go, call it a free time. But in the evening, we have to be in the beach near here. We will have a barbeque party to celebrate me and Taeyeon’s recovery. So make sure you will come back at time to the beach before 6 p.m, got it?” she explained.

“Why did you decide everything?” asked Chanyeol.

“Do you want to get your head smacked again?” answered Yuri in annoyance.

“I’m just asking,” he said.

“Shut up. I’m the planner here,” said Yuri in annoyance. Suddenly, we heard a doorbell ring.

“Oh? Who’s that?” said Suho.

“They’re here,” said Yuri as she got up from her seat and rushed to the door. We stared at each other, not knowing the situation.

“TIFFANY! YOONA! WELCOME!!!” we heard Yuri shouting loudly.

“Oh? Tiffany-ssi? Yoona-ssi? They’re here too?” said Kyungsoo.

“Hey, Tiffany!” said Chanyeol as they bumped their fist. Oh, well Chanyeol is quite close now with Tiffany. They talked a lot but as a close friends. It’s different with Sehun who’s actually quite shy when he saw Yoona walked into the room.

“Hey all,” said the others too as they exchanged greetings to each other. I saw Sehun silently make his way towards Yoona and greet her with a simple ‘hey’. I laughed inside, I swear to God he’s so different when it comes to Yoona.

“Taeyeon, you okay? Yuri told me everything,” asked Tiffany as soon as she saw Taeyeon. She has that worried look on her face.

“We’re so shocked when we know it, unnie. Are you alright now?” asked Yoona, who has the same expression as well.

“I’m fine, don’t worry,” said Taeyeon.

“I can’t believe this—“

“Tiff, stop. I don’t want to remember that thing again,” said Taeyeon. It clutches my heart. I know Taeyeon is still in pain but she tries to look strong, whereas I know she is not. And from the way Tiffany and Yoona worry at her, that must’ve been an awful experience too to the both of them as well.

“Yes, you’re right,” replied Tiffany as she hugged Taeyeon quickly before she finally released her. “Thank God, you have Baekhyun,” she said.

I smiled. Tiffany looked at me with that ‘thank-you’ face which I replied with a nod.

“Ok well, let’s get to our respective room and have a quick shower before the dinner,” said Yuri.

“How is the room distribution?” asked Kai.

“Girls with girls, boys with boys. End of discussion,” said Yuri as she grabs her luggage.

“No,” I said suddenly.

“Why, hyung? You want to be with Taeyeon noona?” teased Kai. I can see Taeyeon is madly blushing while Tiffany gave her a teasing look. I rolled my eyes.

“Ah, no disgusting sounds at the night please. I want to sleep,” this time Chanyeol joins Kai.

“You bunch of erts. And you, Byun Prickhyun, just sleep with boys,” said Yuri.

“What did you just call me?”

“Prickhyun. Why? Hate it?”

“Okay you two stop,” said Suho. “Just let them have a room together, but behave. I’m talking to you, Baekhyun,” said Suho.

“But—“

“Just let them be, Yuri. They’re adults already, and they’re the only couple here,” said Suho hyung.

“Well one is still pending though,” said Chanyeol as she nudged Tiffany elbow. Both Chanyeol and Tiffany laughed together. I know what they mean though.

“Ok fine. Enjoy you two,” said Yuri as she rolled her eyes and walked to her room. We all go to our rooms on the 2nd floor. Ours was in the corner, near the stairs.

“You made Yuri mad, I guess,” said Taeyeon as she puts her bag on the table.

“I don’t care,” I said as I closed the door.

“Baek,” she called me. I looked at her. “Why do you want to share a room with me? I’m so shy you know,” she said as she held her cheeks with both of her palms.

“Why? Doesn’t it obvious? I want to be with my girlfriend,” I said as I sat on the bed in front of her.

“What if your cousins…”

“Nahh, they’re just joking. I won’t do anything, okay. I swear,” I said.

She smiled. “I never think negatively at you, Baek,” she said. I took her hand and tried to pull her.

“No,” she halted her position.

“Whyyy?”

“I want to take a shower. Dinner in one hour, you don’t want to see Yuri mad again, don’t you?” she said as she walked to her luggage on the floor. After she takes her clothes and towel, she walks to the bathroom inside our room.

“You take shower alone?” I purposely asked her.

She gasps at me and throws me a glare. “You byuntae,” she said as she close the door.

---

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

We ate dinner together and I have to admit, it was so fun. During the time, we keep talking about almost everything. We even talked about unimportant things like why Yuri like to sleep with her hands below the pillow, why Baekhyun stop growing since 17 years old (I’m serious, we talked about this and Baekhyun can only scowl), why Sehun is so addicted to bubble tea and stuff. After dinner, we decided to gather in the living room and we continue our unfinished talks.

“Ah anyway, it’s so boring if we’re just talking like this,” said Chanyeol.

“That’s right, what should we do?” said Tiffany. Those two are so alike to the point they even have the same taste of food and preferences in activities. They’ve been much closer since weeks ago but not in a romantic way. They fit the ‘best guy-girl friends’ term very well.

“Should we do noraebang?” suggested Baekhyun.

“Nahhh, I’m not in the mood of singing,” said Kyungsoo.

“Let’s go outside and walk around the neighborhood,” said Kai.

“No, it’s much more boring. Nothing really good around here at the night, though,” said Yuri.

“Let’s play truth or dare with alcohol!” said Sehun.

“Gosh, this drunkard,” sighed Suho.

“But that’s quite a good idea though,” said Baekhyun and Chanyeol in unison.

“How should we play it?” asked Yoona.

“It’s like spin the bottle game. If you got chosen and you can’t answer or you can’t do the thing we asked, you have to drink a glass. Sort of like punishment,” said Sehun. “But it’s okay if you don’t want to do it,” said Sehun in panic as he saw the change of expression on Yoona’s face. I almost laugh hard but I held it.

“Ah, it’s not like that. It’s just I’ve never played such game,” said Yoona.

“It’s fun, trust me,” said Chanyeol.

“It sounds fun, call!” said Tiffany. I didn’t say anything though; I’ll just follow whatever they do.

“Call too,” said Yuri.

The others agreed and we sent Sehun and Kai to buy the alcohol. While waiting, Tiffany and Yoona prepared the glasses and plates while Yuri and Kyungsoo prepared the tables.

“Ah, Taeyeon-ah, are you fine with this game?” asked Baekhyun as he sits next to me.

“Yes, I’m fine,” I said.

“Taeyeon is a good drinker, don’t worry,” said Yuri while she and Kyungsoo placed the tables on the center.

“You are?” asked Baekhyun in an amused tone.

“Errrr…yeah, I guess,” I said shyly.

“She can drink half the bottle and she won’t knock off,” said Yuri.

“Stop spoiling, Yuri-ah,” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Really? Daebak!” said Chanyeol. “Our Baekhyun is a good drinker too, compared to us. Let’s see who the best drinker out of you two is,” he continued.

“Oh, you too?” I asked Baekhyun. He just nodded and pecked my lips.

“I’m glad that you’re a good drinker. That means you won’t be easily knocked off if someone offer you a drink. A stronger self-conscious is better,” he said.

“Eww, don’t kiss here please. It’s gross,” said Yuri as she sits opposite us.

“You’re just jealous,” said Baekhyun as she pulled me closer to his embrace. I can saw Yuri annoyed expression and I can just laugh at her. 15 minutes later, Kai and Sehun are back with a dozen of Soju bottles and pile of snacks.

“Woah, you bought a lot of snacks too! Good job,” said Chanyeol as he digs into the plastic.

“Okay guys, let’s start this game,” said Yuri.

We sit in a circle and she puts an empty bottle on the center. She spins the bottle and she steps back to her seat. The bottle stopped spinning, and I can hear cheers from the others. I nervously glanced at Baekhyun. The bottle stopped exactly at me, on the first try. I sighed, let’s just hope this won’t be embarrassing.