The Grand Opening

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

It’s finally the big day. We held another meeting again in the morning. Well, it’s not really a meeting though. We just re-discussed the rundown of the celebration and re-checked the preparation. I glanced at the bedside clock. It’s 5 p.m in the evening already. I’ve done all the preparation needed. I’ve bathed and I’ve put everything I needed inside my purse. I took out my heels from my luggage and stared at my useless dress I’ve brought from Seoul. Well, my dress indeed isn’t as beautiful as the one Baekhyun bought for me, but still, it’s pretty. I glanced towards the gown that I laid on my bed. I have no idea that Baekhyun really going to buy me this last night when we’re at the mall. I ran my hand through the soft red fabric of the gown. It’s so beautiful. I better thank him later.

 

I’ve almost done getting ready before 6.30 p.m. I’m late though. The party is going to start at 7 p.m and earlier this morning, Baekhyun said he will pick me up. I took a very long time deciding what should I do with my hair and I ended up curled it and let my hair falls down to my back. I looked again into the mirror. You’re good to go, Taeyeon. I was about to put my last touch of make up when suddenly I heard my phone rang. It’s a message notification. I quickly grab it and read the new message.

 

06.29 p.m

 

From: Baekhyun

 

Taeyeon, I’m sorry I can’t pick you up. My father just told me to go there first to greet all the guests. I’ve told my chauffeur to pick you up. He’s waiting at the lobby. See you later :)

 

I’m a bit disappointed though that I won’t be going there with him but then I realized, who am I to felt like that? I shook my head. He’s the heir of this company Taeyeon, of course he’s busy with this. I quickly finished my last touch and dashed out the room. I reached the lobby in a speed of light when I saw Baekhyun’s chauffeur nodded his head towards me. I bowed at him and followed him to get into the car.

 

“Good evening, miss. You’ve got all on you already?” he asked before leaving the hotel. I re-checked my purse again.

 

“Good evening, Yoon ahjussi, and yes I’ve got all covered here, we can leave now,” I said.

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I glanced around the ballroom. Almost all guests are already here. And of course, it was so crowded. Many business man and important person were invited to this event. Even I got tired introducing my name to almost all of the attendees. I glanced at my watch. It’s almost 7 p.m and the event is going to start, where is she?

 

“Hyung, stop looking at your watch,” I can hear Sehun’s voice when he tapped my shoulder. The others come also and stand together with me not far from the main door.

 

“He’s waiting for someone, dumb brain, can’t you see?” I heard Chanyeol scoffed.

 

“No need to be offensive, yodayung, I’m just asking,” Sehun defended himself.

 

“How many times should I tell you that I hate that nickname you had for me,” Chanyeol said again while drinking his wine.

 

“Same goes to me,” Sehun said again.

 

“Enough guys, you’re too noisy,” Kyungsoo finally said it. The two immediately stop their bickering and glared at each other.

 

“You’re waiting for Taeyeon, right hyung?” Kai asked me while he put one of his hand around my shoulder.

 

“Oh? Err…not really,” I replied. I’m really at lying.

 

“You’re at lying hyung,” he said which causes a smirk to appear on each of the boys face. I rolled my eyes. Fine, he’s right.

 

“By the way, since when did our Baekhyun-ie is so concerned of a girl who hasn’t arrived yet at an event? As far as I remember, you had a lot of female friends but none of them really took your concern regarding to this. Aigoo, maybe our Baekhyun-ie is…” said Chanyeol. I glared at him. He has that teasing look at his face and I swear to God he looks annoying.

 

“Speaking of her, I think it’s Taeyeon,” suddenly Kyungsoo tapped my shoulder and pointed his chin towards the ballroom main entrance. I turned my head and instantly my jaw dropped. There she is, entering the room elegantly while smiling to everyone on her way. She is breathtakingly beautiful. The gown really match her slim figure and her simple natural make up makes her face even more glowing than usual. The dress falls perfectly down to her feet and the dress exposed her beautiful shaped shoulder which I’ve never noticed before. She let her hair rolled down to her back and covered her chest area. I swear to God, this is my first time I’ve ever admired a girl and that girl there is my secretary.

 

“You’re drooling, midget,” Chanyeol suddenly snapped me back to reality. I close my mouth and trying to regain my composure again. I coughed nervously which makes the boys, even Kyungsoo laughed at me. I really hope Suho hyung is here because I know he will never tease me like this and probably will stop all these freaks making fun of me.

 

“You’re obviously into her, hyung,” Kai suddenly said. Really? Am I…into her now?

 

“What are you waiting dumb, go meet her,” Kyungsoo suddenly said while pushing me off. I walked towards where she stood. She’s looking at the main stage. When I was about 1 m from her, I can feel my legs shaking. Geez, since when did I become this nervous? She’s your secretary, Baekhyun. Get a hold of yourself. I coughed, which makes her turned her head towards me. God, she’s even more beautiful up close.

 

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Baekhyun-ssi,” she said while smiling. Don’t smile, enough torturing me with your beauty, girl.

 

“Hi…uh, Taeyeon-ah. You look…beautiful,” I said while staring at her. Her face was surprised with my words. Her pupil dilated a bit before coming back to normal and yes I can see her cheeks tinted with that pink color again. She’s blushing again.

 

“Err…thanks,” she said while hiding her face from seeing mine. I smiled. So, I have that effect on her.

 

“And please, Taeyeon-ah, don’t call me Baekhyun-ssi. We’re not in the office although it’s the office event,” I said. She lifted her face to me and smiled a bit. Please, I beg you, don’t smile.

 

“Yes, sorry I forgot,” she said. I then led her towards the boys. The moment she arrived, everyone praised her for her beauty, even Sehun flirts to her which makes me stepped on his feet and glared at him. Taeyeon keep blushing and laughing to all of their words. She looks much more comfortable than before. It’s good to see her like this though.

 

“Noona, you’re really pretty. Baekhyun hyung surely choose the right girl,” Kai suddenly said which makes him earned a smack on the head from Kyungsoo (thanks to him). Taeyeon looks confused for a bit.

 

“Uh, nevermind him,” I said to her. She only smiled and laughed.

 

“He’s always like that, though. I know he’s the type who will clumsily said things in your group,” she said. She observed it very well, then. “Uh sorry, doesn’t mean to be judging,” she said.

 

“No, you’re not,” I said. We stand close side by side which makes our conversation can only be heard with the two of us. Suddenly, the mc speak to start the event. My father gave his speech and Suho hyung also gave his speech as the director of the Busan’s company. I can’t really focused to the stage though because all I can see right now is this girl beside me. She really takes my whole attention. She is different with any other girls I met. I do have no girlfriend before but that doesn’t mean I have never going out with some girls. She never seduces me nor bats her eyelashes on me like any other girls I’ve met. She never flirts with me and gives me her phone number like any other girls I’ve met. She’s just her, but all of her has successfully occupied my mind.

 

“Your attention pls, midget,” I heard Chanyeol nugged me. I gave him an annoyed look before focusing my attention towards the front again. He chuckled and sips his drink again. I took my chance to glance at Taeyeon again. She was laughing to whatever happens at the front stage and her side profile looks so gorgeous when she laughed like that. I then turned my head towards the front again with a lot of questions bothering my mind, but there is one that really bothers me though. Do I like you, Taeyeon?

 

---

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

After the opening event, the guests were asked to enjoy the meal while enjoying to the entertainment given. There are some singers who were invited to fill the event and there are also some music and other interesting performances. I met Tiffany though. And to my surprise, there is Yoona with her. I found out that Yoona is now working to this company and she was admitted here since a week ago. They arrived late because she took the late flight from Seoul today. I excused myself from Baekhyun and his cousins to chat with Tiffany and Yoona near the food area.

 

“So you’re close now with them?” Tiffany asked me. I nodded my head and smiled.

 

“They’re all kind towards me and they’re all funny guys, you should one day meet them,” I said.

 

“I wish,” Tiffany replied.

 

“They’re all good-looking, unnie, I really envy you,” said Yoona.

 

“Don’t talk to me, I’m still mad at you not telling me about this important news,” I said. She pouted and gave me her greatest eagyo which never fail to make me sighed in defeat.

 

“I want to surprise you. Beside, this is Tiff unnie’s plan,” she said. I scoffed but then I laughed when I saw Tiffany pinched Yoona’s cheeks. We then chatted a lot and laughed a lot when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder. I looked behind to find Baekhyun and his other cousins standing near us.

 

“Sorry to disturb you, but I need you to come with me now,” he said.

 

“Ah, Mr. Byun,” said Tiffany and Yonna in unison while bowing at him. He chuckled.

 

“No need to bow. You’re Tiffany right?” he asked Tiffany which she replied with such a polite answer. I smirked at her. I know she’s nervous because there are 5 good-looking boys standing near us. “And you are?” he said while looking at Yoona.

 

“I’m Im Yoona, I’m new at the company,” she said while bowing. Both of them then introduced their selves to the other 4 boys and the boys also introduced their selves.

 

“Anyway, I want to take Taeyeon with me for a while, is that okay?” he said to Tiffany and Yoona. They nodded their head. Baekhyun then gestured me to follow him, leaving the 4 boys with my friends awkwardly standing there.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked him. He glanced at me and smiled.

 

“I want you to meet my parents,” he said. I can feel my eyes popped out in response. Oh my, why am I suddenly so nervous? Yes I’ve met his dad before but I’ve never met her mother. But wait…why should I feel nervous? I’m not his…uh…girlfriend. I glanced at him. Why did it hurt when I said I’m not his girlfriend?