I'm...What?

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I served the tea I made in Baekhyun’s desk. After tidying his desk, I went straight to my desk, tidying and unpacking another box that I just picked from the Data Room this morning. It’s still 7.30 in the morning. I purposely come earlier because I don’t want to disappoint that intimidating guy (yes I’m talking about Baekhyun right now). I glanced around the room. Everything is good, I guess. I picked some folder and arrange it into the shelf. Ugh, there is no more space in the lower shelf, should I use a chair to put this folder in the upper shelf? I glanced at my seat. No way I’m using it, it has wheels, no way I can stand still on it. I let out a sigh; there is no chair that can be used in this room. I tiptoed a bit while trying to reach the upper shelf. Darn, I hate to be such a midget. I tiptoed again when suddenly I can feel my body is unbalanced. I closed my eyes, preparing myself to accept whatever the pain I will get from falling backwards when suddenly I feel arms wrapping my body. I opened my eyes, only to find my boss a.k.a Baekhyun staring at me. I was in my awkward position. My body bent backwards, pale face with mouth wide open facing him and his arms wrapping my waist. I suddenly hear a cough. I turned my head to the door. , 5 pairs of eyes are watching me. I immediately stand up, only to stumble again, but now forward. Thankfully, Baekhyun immediately grab my hand, making be balance again.

 

“You’re so clumsy, be careful when moving,” he said, still grabbing my hand. I can feel my cheeks burning from embarrassment.

 

“What a nice view in the morning,” I hear someone say. I looked at those 5 guys who are now staring at me while smirking. I don’t know which one of them who just said that words.

 

“Yep, it looks like a drama,” the tallest one said. Uhh, what is his name again…oh right, Chanyeol.

 

“Sorry for interrupting, I think we should just leave,” Sehun finally said while glancing at Baekhyun.

 

“Why? You said you want to stay here for a while before the office hours begin?” Baekhyun asked and for your information he is still grabbing my hand. Suho eyed our hands, then looking back at Baekhyun. I wiggle my hand, making Baekhyun looking at me. I think Baekhyun noticed it and he immediately release my hand. “Sorry,” he said. I just lowered my head, hiding my blush. Ughh, my cheeks must look so red now.

 

“Nahh, we don’t want to ruin your morning. See ya hyung!” Kai suddenly said while leaving the door. The other bid a short goodbye while waving their hands at us, not to forget their smirks towards Baekhyun though.

 

“They’re weird, sorry for them,” Baekhyun finally said while closing the door. I just nodded my head, not knowing what to say. “Are you okay? What are you doing?” he asked me.

 

“I’m trying to put these folders at the upper shelf, but…uhm, I can’t reach it so, yeah…” I explained awkwardly. He extended his hand. I looked at him confusedly.

 

“Give me the folders,” he said. I give him. He then easily put it on the upper shelf. Well he’s not that tall though but at least he is taller than me. He then walked past me and sit on his seat. I said my thanks to him then sit on my seat. I my laptop and pulled out my phone from my bag.

 

“You come early and you’ve prepared me a tea, thanks,” I heard him saying. I glanced over the hollow space of the bookshelf. He is not looking at me, he just mumbled that words while writing something on his paper.

 

“Your welcome, Baekhyun-ssi,” I said. Just as I was about to focused myself into the laptop, I think I saw a smile plastered in his lips. Did he just smile at my words? I looked back at him. No way, he is too focused on his task. Right, no way he is smiling at your words Kim Taeyeon.

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I stretched my hands. It’s lunch time already. I peeked over her. She is still working. I was about to call her when I can hear her phone ringing. She immediately answered it. I don’t quite catch what did she said but I catch some words like ‘lunch’ ‘own’ ‘thanks’ and ‘bye’. She then stand up from his seat and I immediately tore my gaze away from her.

 

“It’s lunch time, Baekhyun-ssi. Do you want anything?” she asked.

 

“Uh yeah, can you grab me some sushi? Does the cafeteria have it?” I asked her back. She nodded her head while smiling a bit.

 

“They have it, I’ll go get it for you,” she said then she left the room.

 

It only took her 15 minutes to return. She brings me a meal box and a drink.

 

“I bought you a drink too. I don’t know what you like so I just pick ice tea. Is that okay?” she asked me while putting the meal box and the drink on to my desk.

 

“That’s fine. You don’t get any for you?” I asked her back.

 

“No, I bring my own lunch. I will eat it at the cafeteria. Then, I will take my leave again Baekhyun-ssi” she said while bowing. She turned her back but then something makes me to tell her to not go.

 

“Uh, can you eat here? I mean, can you accompany me here? You can just eat here…in this sofa. I don’t really enjoy eating alone,” I said, stopping her from leaving. Did I just say that? She hesitated a bit.

 

“Is that okay?” she asked back. I want to laugh but I hold it.

 

“Well I’m the one who asked you to do so,” I replied her. She then smiled a bit.

 

“Okay, I will take my lunch,” she said. She took her lunch box from her desk and asked my permission to sit on my sofa. I awkwardly let her seat while I took the seat in the opposite side of her.

 

“Uhh, sorry if this awkward for you,” I said while I open my meal box. Wow, the sushi looks so appetizing. She smiled a bit while opening her lunch box.

 

“Oh? Oh, yeah, it’s okay,” she said. We began to eat in silent. I don’t know what to say to her and she keeps looking into her food, not daring to look away. Okay I can’t stand this.

 

“Do you enjoy working here?” I asked her. , what kind of silly question is that? She lifted her face towards me. She looked a bit surprised and there she is, flustered all over again.

 

“Uhh, yes…uhm, I do enjoy working here. The work environment is nice and I’m comfortable with my job,” she replied while tucking some of her hair strands behind her ear. We’re silent again. I don’t know what to say anymore. I keep eating my food while sometimes glancing at her. She keeps looking at her food, sometimes she will tear her gaze away and looking at her drink, but she never once lift her head to look forward. After the silence that felt like an eternity, we finished both of our foods.

 

“I will take care of your meal box,” she said while asking me to give her my now empty meal box.

 

“Ah, thank you, Taeyeon-ssi,” I said while giving it to her. She took it while smiling at me, and I swear she has such a beautiful smile. This one is different. This is not her smile when she greet the workers and me in our office, this one is better, and she looks pretty with that smile plastered on her lips. What the hell, Baekhyun? What were you thinking? I shook my head and walked back to my seat, my laptop and started to do my works, trying to divert my thoughts of her. Get ahold of yourself, Baekhyun.

 

---

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

It’s been 2 weeks since I worked with Baekhyun. He is a nice guy and I think I’ve already adapted to his behavior. Sometimes he is friendly and become so nice towards me, but sometimes he’s a bit bossy and so stricts, of course that’s because he is a perfectionist when it comes to works. Sometimes he will offer me some help but sometimes he will scold me when I can’t do my job well (but please, I just did some minor mistakes, and he took it a bit too serious), but all this time, he never snap or say anything harsh towards me. He never raised his voice on me but the way he scolds me will always be intimidating. Today, after we’ve done our meeting with Lu Xiang Company in a hotel, we went straight back to our office. We took the car together, Baekhyun is the one who’s driving. He doesn’t want chauffeur to take us. He said he likes it better when he drives the car himself.

 

“Thank God the meeting went very well, I thought he will be hard to be persuaded,” he said while sighing.

 

“Yes, I think he is someone that is hard to get to cooperate but actually he’s not that bad,” I said while flipping some folders. I sit right beside him. I can sense his glance on me.

 

“Do you want to get some lunch first before going back to our office?” he asked me. I turned to look at him.

 

“Uhm, sure, but we can actually have our lunch in our office,” I said.

 

“I’m feeling to have lunch outside the office, I’m kinda bored with the cafeteria food,” he said while pouting. I smiled a bit. He turned his head on me.

 

“Why?” he asked me. I flustered.

 

“Oh, nothing. So, where will we eat?” I asked him back.

 

“I have a favorite restaurant near here, let’s just go there,” he said. I just nodded my head. After driving for about 15 minutes, we arrived at his favorite restaurant. It’s not that fancy restaurant where rich people often visit. It’s just a small restaurant, a ramen restaurant to be exact. We ordered the food he suggest and wait for about 10 minutes for the food to be served.

 

“It tastes so good,” I said while eating my ramen. He chuckled.

 

“That’s why I like to eat here,” he said while drinking his ice tea. I nodded and continue my eating. When I almost finished my bowl, I looked around the place.

 

“I thought you’re the type who will rather choose to eat at a fancy restaurant rather than this,” I let my sudden outburst broke our silence. He raised his eyebrows at me. I stopped munching. Crap. Why did I say that? I might have been more comfortable talking with him since our first meet but I think my words that I just said are a bit judging. I gulped my food. “Uhh, I mean…you—“

 

“Tasty food doesn’t mean it has to come from a big and fancy restaurant, right?” he asked me back. I can feel my cheek turned red.

 

“Uhh, yes you’re right,” I said flustered. I finished my bowl and he finished his at the same time. After that, he paid for the bill.

 

“Thank you for the food! It was so tasty, Baekhyun-ssi,” I said while grinning. He looked at me, intently. It’s a bit awkward. I close my mouth immediately. But he keeps staring at me. Now it feels more awkward. “Uhh, did I do something wrong?” I asked him while tilting my head a bit, trying to read his face. He then shook his head.

 

“No. It’s my first time seeing you grinning,” he said. I blinked. “And you look cute,” he said, still staring at me. I straighten my sitting position. I blinked again, not daring to say any words. What did he just say? Did he just say that I’m…cute?

 

He suddenly coughed and stood up. “Uhh, I think we should get going,” he said. He then turned his back and walk ahead, leaving me behind. I stood up too and followed him from behind. I touch my cheek. Why does it feel so hot? What is this?