Hurt

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

Nine. Nine days already, of Baekhyun being away. Honestly, it feels so suffocating. Not having his warm smile, sweet talks and his embrace that makes me secured. I miss him so bad. But I don’t want to disturb him either. Of course he always contact me, every day. He will shower me with his cute laughs and silly jokes, not to mention his flirty side when he told me how he missed to be back in Korea again.

The whole meeting got extended for some reasons. We tried to expand the branches and well it was quite successful. That’s why we need to have some more meeting with the other company’s representatives,” that’s what he said on the sixth day of his business trip in Japan.

“I miss you so bad. I miss hugging you, seeing your smile, hearing your laugh, caressing your cheek…oh and of course kissing your lips, well what to do when I miss all of you?” and that’s what makes me gnawing my lips now. His sweet talks never fail to make rise to the seventh heaven. And I promise myself to let him do whatever he missed from me later when he comes back. Geez, come back soon Baek…

---

“Taeyeonieeee, let’s have lunch,” said Tiffany as she appears on the doorway of my room.

“Seconds!” I said as I grabbed my phone and wallet. I tidied my desk a bit and took some glance at Baekhyun’s desk. Eleven days. He’s still in Japan. He said he didn’t know when will the meeting is going to over since they need to adjust with the schedule of each companies.

“Looking at his desk won’t make him come back any soon. I got a stomach to fulfill now so be fast girl,” said Tiffany. I sent my annoying look at her while she finally cracks into some laughter.

“Don’t you look at me like that. If you miss him, then call him,” she said as we walked side by side along the corridor.

“We did. Everyday. But still, not enough,”

“Ugh what a lovey dovey taeyeon we got here~”

“Quit teasing me Tiff,” I said as pinched her waist. She avoided it and makes her bumped into someone.

“Sorry,” she quickly bowed down without looking.

“Oh? Noona?” I glanced at the person.

“Hey,” I said as Tiffany finally stood straight.

“Oh so it’s you,” huffed Tiffany.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“We’re going to have lunch. And you?”

“I…uhm, lunch too,” he said.

“Alone? I thought Sehun is not the type to eat alone. Where is Kai and Chanyeol? You usually eat with them?” I asked him.

“I actually not gonna eat alone though,”

“Oh? So with who—“

“You are going to eat with Yoona, aren’t you?” suddenly Tiffany cut me. I glanced at Sehun. He suddenly has his cheek red.

“Aeeeyyy, that’s alright. I knew it! When I asked Yoona for lunch, she said she couldn’t go but since I’m too hungry, I didn’t ask why. Yoona will never skip lunch so maybe, she’s going to have lunch with someone. And it turns out to be you…” she said again while smirking. Sehun just smiled awkwardly while scratching his neck.

“I…yes, haha, well,” he let out some words that make us chuckled.

“Ok big boy what are you waiting for? Go get her!” said Tiffany as she pushed Sehun to the elevator. We ended up taking the same elevator and I can’t hide my smile from Sehun’s shyness. He must have liked Yoona very much; it’s so obvious how he suddenly squirmed when she’s around. Cute.

We soon arrived at the lobby and as we expected, we saw Yoona in surprised when we walked with Sehun.

“Someone is having a lunch date~” teased Tiffany as we finally stood close to her.

“Unnie!”

“Ok fine, let’s just go Tiff. Enjoy your lunch guys!” I said as I pulled Tiffany’s arm. We stole some glance while walking to the parking site and I can see how Sehun shyly talked to her before leading her to his car.

“They’re so adorable!” said Tiffany as she drove her car.

“I know right,” I smiled while thinking how Yoona will always turn red whenever we talked about Sehun.

“When will I find my prince just like the two of you…”

I turned my head at Tiffany. I laughed which makes her laughed as well.

“You’ll find yours. Soon,” I said. She just smiled.

“Nah, I’m just kidding. Of course I will find mine later. It’s just, seeing you guys having your boy beside you are so…great. How I can see your twinkling eyes whenever Baekhyun is around and how I can see the same thing in his eyes too,” she stated.

I smiled, Yes it feels great. Jesus, that’s just makes me missing him more.

“He will come back soon, Taeng. Just wait for him, alright?” she said while nudging my elbow. I smiled while looking outside the window. Of course I will wait.

“Anyway, how is it about the training you got offered?” she suddenly asked me.

Ah right…that training. I got offered training to America. So it’s like a training for management and accounting and to be very honest I am very interested. The training will be about 6 months and more and those who joined will have a great experience and some trip too at America.

But here lay the problem…

“I’m still working here Tiff. Besides, I don’t want to leave Baekhyun,”

“I know… But Taeyeon, this is like your dream. This is exactly what you want from the beginning. You like those things. You can take a leave of absence for six months maybe. I’m sure the company will consider it a lot since this is not just a single training. This is a very popular training and it’s verified in business world,” she said.

“And about Baekhyun, I’m sure he will understand. But well it all depends on you. Whatever you choose, I’ll fully support it. I remind you this again so that you won’t regret it later if you never consider it. Remember, two days more and every invitee is going. Think fast girl,” she said again.

“Thanks Tiff, of course I’ll consider it again,”

---

“Thank you Mr. Han. I hope we can have more and more great project later,” I said as I bowed at the distancing figure. I just finished the meeting with his company. I picked up all my stuff and walked back to my room. I dropped myself to the chair and massaged my forehead a bit. Two meetings in a row make me quite tired. But well I have to do it and cover Baekhyun’s spot.

I pulled out my phone and decided to call Baekhyun since I miss him so much.

Seconds later, he picked it up.

“Baekhyun?”

“Yes?” I pulled back my phone. I stared at the screen. A girl voice?

“Isn’t this Baekhyun’s phone?” I asked again.

“Oh yes, it is. But this is Hyemi,”

That’s it. That’s successfully lower my mood and excitement.

“Oh…I’m—“

“I know. It’s Taeyeon unnie right?” she said. Her voice sounded satisfied.

“Yes. Uh, where is Baekhyun? Why did you have his phone with him?” I asked.

“He’s in the toilet right now,” she said. I raised my eyebrow. This is bad. I’m not even excited anymore.

“Where are you?”

“We’re already in Seoul. But we decided to grab a dinner first. You can come and join us unnie. We’re at East Village,” she said cheerfully.

I just hummed a response and ended the call. He didn’t even bother to tell me that he will come back today and has arrived. And now, he’s having dinner with the girl he knows I never fond to. I felt a pang of jealousy spread across my heart and somehow, I’m disappointed. Why didn’t he tell me? Why didn’t he call?

But, the feeling of missing him somehow handled it, makes me calm again and to regain my composure again. So I stood up and took my bag. I walked out the office quickly and found myself a taxi. I told him the address of the restaurant and soon we’re on the way already. It’s not that I want to join them, it’s just I’m curious. How was he when he had dinner with her? I need to see it myself, and maybe ask for some explanation later, if it’s needed.

Minutes later, I’ve finally arrived. I calmed myself a bit and walked to the restaurant. Before I decided to enter, I can see Hyemi’s figure through the big glass window of the restaurant. She’s there, talking seriously with someone. I moved myself to the left a bit, and finally I can see who she was talking too. It’s Baekhyun.

They didn’t sit. Somehow they’re talking while standing. I can’t clearly see Baekhyun’s expression since the lighting inside is quite dim. But that’s not important…

Suddenly, I don’t know how, I saw them kissing… Hyemi’s arms wrapped Baekhyun’s neck and her closing the gap of their body. I can’t see Baekhyun’s face but it hurts me so much. I tear my gaze away, not having any energy anymore to see. That’s it. I’ve had enough.

I wipe the tears that are already rolling on my cheeks. Damn, when did I start crying? Did the pain makes me can’t even feel the tears?

But then I glanced up again and there, I can see Baekhyun finally see me. He’s shocked, I don’t know why. Maybe because of me, huh? He immediately snatches his hand away from Hyemi’s grab. I looked away immediately and ran to grab myself another taxi.

“Please go first sir, I’ll tell you the address later,” I said. Before Baekhyun can approach me, the taxi has driven off.

I shut my eyes and sobbed silently. That hurts so much. But what hurts me the most is seeing Baekhyun’s sad expression as he saw the taxi driving away from him. Did he fake it? Or was he really sad? I don’t know… I feel so betrayed. I suddenly don’t want to remember everything. It’s like, world has come crashing down. It feels like I am the most pitiful person exists.

God, it hurts. So much that I’m not sure if I’ll be able to forget all the pain. He didn’t tell me that he’s going to be back today. He didn’t call me that he has arrived. And…the picture of him kissing another girl makes me want to kill myself. He’s the one that makes me feel so loved but now here I am, heartbroken because of him also. Why is the world so against me?

“Miss, are you okay?” the driver suddenly asked me. I opened my eyes, and I saw him handing me a tissue. I mouthed silent thanks and take the tissue.

“It’s fine. Anyway, where should we go?” he asked me. I told him the address and he nodded.

Right now, my destination is definitely not my home.