That Intimidating Guy

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

“So now, do you know who I am?” he asked me while strolling around the room, looking at every detail in the shelf and the paintings inside the room. I stood still in front of the door, not daring to move any inch.

 

“Yes, and I’m sincerely apologize of my behavior last night Mr. Byun, I’m so sorry, I don’t know that—“

 

“I know you,” he said, cutting me off.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I know who you are since yesterday. I’ve already know you’re the one who’s going to work with me. I always do my research to everyone who’s going to work with me, and I think you didn’t try to know who’s going to work with you,” he said that while staring at me intently. I can feel my cheek burned in embarrassment and guilty. Darn, I get my first lecture in my first day of my new job.

 

“Once again, I apologize Mr. Byun I—“

 

“Baekhyun,”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Just call me Baekhyun-ssi, I’m just 26 years old. We’re only 1 year difference, but when the others are around, you should call me Mr. Byun,” he said. Holy , even he knows age, I’m so doomed.

 

“Ah ne, Mr. Byun, I mean Baekhyun-ssi,” I bowed to him for the –nth time already. He chuckled.

 

“No need to bow for millions time, I accept your apology. Now you may introduce yourself to me,” he said. I stood still while staring at him in confuse. Didn’t he just said that he already know my name? Why should I introduce myself to him?

 

“Just because I know your name doesn’t mean I can’t get a formal introduction from you aren’t I?” he said. Wow, did this guy just mind-read me?

 

“Ah ne, I’m sorry. Uhm, my name is Kim Taeyeon. I am 25 years old and I’ve been working in this company since 3 years ago. I hope you will take care of me during the time we work together,” I introduced myself while bowing my head slightly to him.

 

“Well, I’ll introduce myself then, my name is Byun Baekhyun and you know my age already. I’m quite strict when it comes to works and I hope you will work hard as my secretary. I don’t like people who isn’t determined in doing their works so I hope you’re not like that,” he said while sitting at his chair, facing me with his index finger scratching his chin.

 

“Ah ne, I understand Mr. Byun—“

 

“Baekhyun,” he cuts me off again.

 

“Ah ne, I mean Baekhyun-ssi, I will try my best,” I said.

 

“You better do. And I want you to always come earlier than me and prepare this room before I come every day. Don’t forget to serve my drink too, and I like a tea to be served in my desk every morning,” he said while glancing at the side of his desk. I glanced at it and yep I haven’t prepared anything.

 

“Ah ne, I’ll come and get it,” I said while turning my body.

 

“No need. That’s okay, I’ve drank a tea before coming here. It’s your first day though, I understand it,” he said stopping me from leaving the room. I turned my body to face him again, still standing awkwardly in front of the door. I bite my full bottom lip. Okay this is awkward.

 

“You may sit, Taeyeon-ssi,” he said while turning on his laptop.

 

“Ah ne,” I said, bowing lightly and then I walk to my desk. The room is quite big. His desk is right in front of the big glass window which gives him such a beautiful view of Seoul city. My desk is located near the door, about 5 meters away from his desk. The only thing that separated us is the bookshelf which is located at my right side, kinda blocking me from seeing him.

(this is what the rooms look like)

I began to work on my stuff, turning on my laptop and type some report that I haven’t finished yet. I glanced a bit at him through some hollow spaces in the book shelf. He’s calmly writing something on a piece of paper. I tore my gaze from him. He’s not so bad. I thought he’s some kind of arrogant heir who likes to order the workers around with ridiculous reasons. I shrugged my shoulder, not so bad, carry on Kim Taeyeon, fighting!

 

--

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I’ve finished my first report that my father asked me to do. I glanced at my watch. It’s only 12 in the afternoon. I glanced at that new secretary from some hollow space of the bookshelf. She’s so into her laptop, typing something while sometimes flipping his folder. I hold my smile. This girl is quite clumsy, not really my type of work partner. I can see her being blank in sudden and flustered whenever I stated the obvious of her. But because the company suggested her as the best candidate for this position and I’ve read the background report of her, I think she isn’t so bad. Well maybe for now (but I hope she won’t).

 

“Taeyeon-ssi,” I called her. I can sense her surprised voice when she responds my call.

 

“ Yes, may I help you sir?” she said while walking towards my desk.

 

“Just Baekhyun-ssi, anyway I want you to give me all the file of the last meeting between my father and RC Company,” I said.

 

“Ah ne, but I don’t have it with me. I’ll go out and asked for the file from Ms. Choi,” she replied. I raised my eyebrow at her.

 

“Aren’t you are my secretary here? Why don’t you have it on you?” I asked her while leaning on my chair. I can sense her dilating pupil, she’s flustered.

 

“Ah yes, I’m sorry I haven’t asked for all the documents to be moved to my file when I moved here. It’s quite hectic when I suddenly have to move here,” she replied while slightly bowing her head. I sighed, she hasn’t prepared for her new job very well.

 

“I thought it’s your matters and I really hope you will do better in preparing everything you need in your new job, Taeyeon-ssi,” I said while sitting straight again, folding my arms on my desk. I can sense my annoyed tone. Well not really annoyed though, but I just don’t like it to work with someone that is so unprepared. She bowed her head again. Her face is quite pale.

 

“I apologize for that, Baekhyun-ssi. I will prepare everything today and give you the file you need,”

 

“You better do, you can leave now, Taeyeon-ssi. Don’t forget my file,” I said dismissing her. She bowed again and leaves the room. I sighed while leaning on my chair again. I hope she won’t be that clumsy next time.

 

---

 

I was working on my laptop when I hear my door getting knocked.

 

“Come in,” I said, not tearing off my gaze from my laptop. Not long after that I can sense a presence in front of me.

 

“I’m sorry to make you wait, Baekhyun-ssi. This is the file you asked. And I want to excuse myself again because I have to take some file and folders from the Data Room,” she said while giving me the file I need. I took it from her and glanced back at her.

 

“Don’t we have workers to give you that?” I asked her back.

 

“Yes but they’re out for lunch now, so I will just take it my own,” she said. I glanced at my watch, right this is lunch time.

 

“Uhm, do you want to get your lunch, Baekhyun-ssi? It’s lunch time already, I can take you anything if you need to,” she offered me. Well, this girl got some sense though.

 

“Oh, no need for that, I’m still full from my breakfast. You better go get your lunch and you can take all your files and folders after that,” I said while focusing back to my laptop.

 

“Ah ne, then I excuse myself,” she said, taking her wallet with her and leave the room.

 

---

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I glanced around the cafeteria. What should I eat now?

 

“TAEYEON-AHHH,” I heard someone shouted my name. I turned my head only to find Tiffany walking fast towards me and then hugged me in a panda hug.

 

“Uhmm, Tiff…too tight, I can’t breathe—“ I said trying to release myself from her hug. She released me and pouts.

 

“Tch, you’re now forgetting me aren’t you?” she said while nudging my elbow.

 

“Of course not, you silly, it was hectic this morning with my new assignment and also I have to move all my belongings and take all files and folders I need to my new room so yeah I was quite busy,” I replied her while staring at some shop in the cafeteria.

 

“What do you want to eat?” I asked her. She showed me her lunch box.

 

“I’ve prepared a lunch box for me and for you, let’s eat this,” she said while dragging me to the nearest vacant table.

 

“Aww, so nice of you, thanks hun,” I said while pinching her cheek.

 

“Stop being disgusting, you know I hate that cheesy nickname,” she said. I just grinned at her and help her unpacking the lunch box.

 

“How was your new boss? He’s handsome right?” she said, so full if curiosity.

 

“Uhm, yeah he is, but he is a bit intimidating for me. I mean he isn’t grumpy and he isn’t cold, but somehow I feel intimidated whenever he talks to me,” I said while picking out the sushi from her lunch box.

 

“I heard that he is quite strict when it comes to work and he is some kind of perfectionist. You better do your best,” she said. I chuckled.

 

“Wow, you surely know him better than I do,” I said while drinking my drink. She just shrugged her shoulder while showing me her proud smile.

 

“Of course I am,” she said, only to make me rolled my eyes at her and then we laughed together.

 

---

 

After I finished my lunch, I hurriedly went to the Data Room. To my surprise, I found 2 boxes full of file and folders that I need and I have no choice other than to bring it myself.

 

“Ugh it’s so heavy,” I mumbled while carrying it towards the elevator. I can’t clearly see my front because the boxes are quite big and is blocking my view now. Just as I was about to enter the elevator, I lost my balance and stumbled to front, making all the boxes I held to fall into the elevator floor. Gosh, this is so embarrassing. I can feel someone extended their hand in front of my face. I lifted up my face. Hey, I know this guy.

 

“Need help?” he asked with his low voice. I took his hand and stand up. I bowed at him and apologize for my clumsiness. He offered to hold one of the boxes I carried which I replied with endless thank you.

 

“You’re Baekhyun hyung’s secretary right?” he asked me. I nodded my head.

 

“I’m Oh Sehun, in case you forget my name,” he said, which is actually true. I don’t remember their names when Mr. Park introduced them to us. Just as I was about to introduce myself to him, I heard a ‘TING’ sound. I looked at the floor sign, oh it’s my floor. When the elevator door is opened, I halt my steps from going out. There he stood, that intimidating guy a.k.a my boss a.k.a Baekhyun with his hand is his trousers pocket while staring at me intently, and now he’s also staring at this guy beside me.

 

“So this is what makes you took such a long time to return?” he said while raising his eyebrows at me. I sense the guy beside me smirking. Okay, what now?