The Feelings

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone message ringtone. I closed my eyes, still exhausted from the party last night. I reached out my hand to the bedside table and took my phone. I opened the notification. It’s from Baekhyun.

 

07.24 a.m

 

From: Baekhyun

 

Are you awake already? It’s breakfast time. Should we go to the restaurant together?

 

I smiled at my phone. I replied ‘yes, we should’ without any hesitation. I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I changed my clothes into a loose t-shirt and a knee-length legging. As I combed my hair, I recalled the memories of last night party with Baekhyun.

 

The danced was finished already since the mc has finally closed the party with another cheers and closing speech from Mr. Byun but my heart is still beating fast. The moment I look into Baekhyun’s eyes and him into mine makes my mind so blurry. I don’t even care of what’s happening around me. All I can see was his beautiful eyes that were staring right into my deepest mind. My waist was still hot from his gentle touch and my cheeks were still red from his never ending teasing. We both got back to our room together. I was about to enter my room when suddenly I heard him called my name. I turned at him. He was standing in front of his door.

 

“Uh…well, thank you for being my dancing partner tonight,” he said. Well, such a random thing to be said.

 

I smiled. “Thank you too for being my dancing partner and thank you again for this beautiful dress,” I said. Now he was the one who’s smiling.

 

“You’re the one who looks beautiful though,” he said. I blushed and sent him a glare.

 

“Stop teasing me,” I said. He laughed my favorite kind of laugh. Then he looked at me again. This time, his eyes were full with…I don’t know, maybe adoring? I may sounded too confident but that’s what I saw though.

 

“Thank you for making my night and…good night, Taeyeon-ah,” he said while smiling. I swear to God I can feel my heart beating crazily again.

 

“Uhh, good night too, Baekhyun-ah,” I said while hiding my face. I quickly entered my room without even looking at him. Before I close the door, I heard him chuckled and said “that girl”. I leaned on to the door and pressed my chest with my purse. Dear God, this is too good to be true.

 

I smiled. I faced the mirror and I can see my cheeks blushed again. I shook my head and pulled my hair into a socks bun. You really like him, huh? I sighed and headed out the bathroom door. I was wearing my sandals when I heard my room door getting knocked. I quickly stand up and open the door, only to find Baekhyun with his hoodie and shorts and damn, he still managed to look good. His hair is a bit messy but that doesn’t decrease the handsomeness on his face. He smiled when he saw me.

 

“This is my first time seeing your hair in a bun,” he said while grinning.

 

I smiled. “Good morning too, Baekhyun-ah,” I said. He chuckled.

 

“Right, sorry. Good morning, Taeyeon-ah. So, let’s go then. My brothers were waiting for us and so did your friends,” he said. I closed my door and walked beside him.

 

“Really? Tiffany and Yoona are there too?” I asked. He nodded while pressing the elevator button.

 

“Yep. I think they’ve gotten along really well. Especially you know who,” he said while smirking at me. My heart skipped a beat. That was…y. I tried to remain calm and just smiled at him. The elevator then arrived at our floor and we both entered it.

 

---

 

After we packed all of our belongings, we checked out of the hotel. We took the flight together with his cousins and my friends. Well actually, the company booked a plane for all the workers to go back to Seoul. I sat with Tiffany and Yoona while Baekhyun sat with Chanyeol and Sehun, exactly behind us, and I swear to God they were so noisy. But it’s fine though, since Tiffany and I were also teasing Yoona non-stop. We arrived at Seoul exactly at 5 p.m. Incheon airport was so crowded because it was Saturday though. Beforehand, Baekhyun’s cousins have agreed to have dinner first with me and my friends since they said they want to get close to us. We refused at first because we seem like bothering them but then Baekhyun convinced me that it’s fine, so at last, we agreed.

 

This time, Suho chose the place. Yes, he was with us. He went back to Seoul to take some of his belongings and will return to Busan tomorrow. Suho said that he really wished me and my friends to join the dinner to celebrate his new position and of course, the dinner will be his treat. After we agreed with the plan, I went with Baekhyun’s car, Tiffany and Chanyeol with Suho’s car, Kai with Kyungsoo’s car and Yoona with Sehun’s car (this is all Chanyeol and Tiffany’s plans though to set up Yoona and Sehun together again).

 

“Those kid are ridiculous,” said Baekhyun while he was driving. I sat next to him.

 

“I know right, but it wasn’t a bad idea though. Yoona and Sehun are so shy with each other, I think that’s why Chanyeol and Tiff are so desperate over them,” I replied. He chuckled and then turned his head on me. I realized it and looked at him. I raised my eyebrows on him. He then turned his head away from me.

 

“Nothing,” he said.

 

“You’re weird,” I chuckled. He just smiled while focusing his eyes into the road. I glanced at him from the front rear-view mirror. He looks like he was thinking of something. Although it’s a bit dark in the car, I can see his serious face. He always had that expression whenever he was thinking of something. I turned away my face to the window on my right. What was he thinking?

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

We arrived at the restaurant and quickly ordered the menu for all of us. I sat with Taeyeon in front of me, Chanyeol on my left and Suho hyung on my right. Taeyeon was seated between Tiffany and Yoona. Sehun sat beside Yoona while Kai sat in front of him. Kyungsoo sat next to Suho hyung and yes he has no one sitting in front of him. After 20 minutes, the food finally came. We cheered and tossed our glass together to celebrate Suho hyung’s new position.

 

“Woah, this pasta is really delicious. And this scallop is really good too,” said Sehun.

 

“Stop acting like you never eat that kind of food,” said Kyungsoo. Sehun just rolled his eyes on him.

 

“Stop it, Kyungsoo. You know why he’s acting like that,” I heard Chanyeol said while cutting his meat. We all chuckled despite Sehun who’s all red now and Yoona who’s confused. I saw her whispering something into Taeyeon’s ear which the latter replied with a simple smile. Maybe she was asking what’s happening. The dinner went very noisy after that. Chanyeol, Tiffany and Kai ganged up and keep teasing Sehun and Yoona. Taeyeon and I will sometimes joined their jokes too while Suho hyung and Kyungsoo will only laughed at our noisiness.

 

“I will miss this time,” suddenly Suho hyung said.

 

“Don’t say that hyung. Busan isn’t really far. We can meet whenever we want. We will visit you too,  right guys?” I said which makes everyone nodded their head.

 

“Although I just met Taeyeon’s friends yesterday, it was really fun to have them here. You guys gave a new variety to this group,” said Suho hyung. The girls only smiled while saying ‘thank you’ to Suho hyung. It was pretty amazing too to know that these boys just knew Taeyeon’s friends yesterday and here they are, joking and teasing like they’ve knew each other for long. I’m not really surprised though. I can see the similarities with Tiffany and Chanyeol personalities, and so does Kai. Sehun and Yoona is an exceptional though because they seem like have another thing growing in their mind. I looked into my front. Taeyeon was still laughing with whatever jokes Chanyeol just threw out. She’s really beautiful when she laughed like that, so carefree, like a happy kid. I think she realized that I was staring at her because suddenly she turned her head to me. We’re looking into each other eyes until she decided to smile and turn her attention back to Sehun’s talking.

 

The dinner ended past 8 p.m because we took a long time talking with each other. It was really fun. We forced Sehun to drop Yoona off to her house and they both agreed. Both of them used to refuse at first but then we all know that deep down, they really want it. The others went home together except Suho hyung who said that he will go to the office first. Taeyeon used to join Tiffany by taking a taxi but then Chanyeol said she should go home with me. She refused at first but then I convinced her it will be faster since Tiffany wanted to go somewhere first, so she finally agreed.

 

“It was a fun dinner though,” she said while staring at the city lights.

 

I glanced at her. “Yes it was, we should do it again next time,” I said.

 

“You guys are fine with us?” she asked while turning her head towards me.

 

I nodded, “of course, it’s way funnier with more people joining,” I said. She smiled.

 

“Thank you for being so nice to us, although we’re just ordinary workers,” she said.

 

“Don’t say that. My brothers and I never look at someone based on their material or status, as long as they’re nice, we will befriend them,” I said. She nodded at my response and then looking at the road again. Suddenly, I remembered about my thoughts before. I’ve been thinking of something and it’s related to her. I think I like her…okay maybe not, I think I love her. She always occupies my mind since the day I met her at the elevator. I don’t even know why, it’s like she attracted me. It’s been more than 3 months since I know her and she has showed me a lot of charms she had. She may be clumsy but she’s really determined and responsible with her works. She can be serious at the time but then she can be fun too when we hang out with my cousins. She had that beautiful smile and laugh that I swear to God is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen. She is really polite, patient and very gentle to all of the workers. I glanced at her and finally I make up my mind.

 

“Taeyeon-ah,” I said. She turned her head to me.

 

“Hm?” she said. I gulped my own saliva.

 

“Tomorrow is Sunday right?” I asked. , what kind of questions is that?

 

“As far as I know, yes it is,” she chuckled. I laughed nervously.

 

“Uhh, do you want to hang out with me?” I asked her. She stopped chuckling. I turned my head to her.

 

“Uhm…sure,” she said while she lowered her head. I know she’s trying to hide her blush.

 

“Okay, I will text you the time and I will pick you up tomorrow,” I said.

 

“Sure,” she said with her quiet voice. I glanced at her. Tomorrow, I should confess to her.