Fallen For You

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I followed Baekhyun until we reach the VIP table where his parents sit. I’m so nervous. Well yeah, I don’t know why but I really want to leave a good impression to his family. Baekhyun hugged his mom and dad first and then he bumped his fist with someone who I thought is his brother. He then said something to his mother, which makes her looking at me. I bowed nervously to his mother as well as his father too. Mr. Byun smiled and nodded at me.

 

“Mom, this is my secretary, Kim Taeyeon,” said Baekhyun. He stood between me and his parents.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Byun and Mrs. Byun, my name is Kim Taeyeon. It’s an honor to meet you,” I said while bowing. Her mother was staring at me from head to toe, which of course makes me even more nervous. But then she smiled, and it was a genuine smile which somehow made me forget my nervousness.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Taeyeon-ssi. It’s so nice to see such a pretty and elegant girl as my son’s secretary,” she said while holding both of my arms. His mother is so nice though. I smiled and bowed again. “Aigoo, you’re so polite,” she said while tapping my arms.

 

“Ah, hyung, I forgot. Taeyeon, this is my hyung, Byun Baekkyung and hyung, this is my secretary, Kim Taeyeon,” said Baekhyun. I bowed at his brother which I gotta admit, is also handsome (well but still Baekhyun is better looking, okay forget what I said). He then smiled and shook my hand firmly.

 

“So you’re my brother’s girlfriend?” he said. I was kinda surprised with his sudden outburst. I blushed immediately while I heard Baekhyun scowling at his brother. Her mother just laughed and took my hand on her hand.

 

“I’m so happy to know that Baekhyun has such a pretty girl like you as her secretary. I hope you can take care of him well,” she said. Well, isn’t she going a bit too overboard? Because hey, I’m just his secretary. I just smiled shyly at her. “He might be a bit bossy when it comes to works but believe me, he is actually a gentle boy,” she continued. I glanced at Baekhyun who’s now laughing with his brother. Yes he is.

 

“Of course, Mrs. Byun, I’ll do my best as his secretary,” I said. Suddenly Baekhyun has already stood beside us.

 

“Mom, I think I should get Taeyeon back to her friends,” he said. His mother smiled at him and hugged me before letting me go with Baekhyun. But before then, she whispered something into my ears.

 

“Actually, I hope you can do your best not as his secretary,” she said while winking at me. I was a bit confused that time but Baekhyun suddenly tapped my shoulder and usher me to walk back to our friends with him. I don’t want to get my hopes to high but does his mom mean that she wants me to be more than just a secretary for him? I shook my head, focus Taeyeon, focus.

 

We got back to the place where we left my friends with Baekhyun’s brothers only to find they have already gotten along well. Even Sehun and Yoona were talking seriously with each other while the other boys and Tiffany just talked about something. I glanced at Sehun. He is surely interested towards Yoona, I can see it from his eyes. Suddenly Baekhyun nudged me. I mouthed “what” and he pointed his eyes to the direction of Sehun and Yoona. I’m looking at the direction he pointed and then I smiled at him while mouthed “I know right”. We then laughed silently and joined the others.

 

“You guys seem pretty close now,” Baekhyun said. Tiffany bowed at him while the others just rolled their eyes on him.

 

“As you’re not with her,” Chanyeol scoffed. I laughed at him

 

“Why? You jealous?” he asked him.

 

“Not to you, but to her. Ah, what a pity, I want to get close to you too, Taeyeon-ah,” he said.

 

“Since when did you call her ‘Taeyeon-ah’?” I heard Baekhyun asking him.

 

“Since she allowed me to,” he replied. Kyungsoo smirked at Baekhyun.

 

“I asked the others to drop the formalities towards me, it’s much more comfortable like that,” I said.

 

“By the way, I think we have another lovebirds here,” Kyungsoo said. I raised my eyebrows. I know they’re talking about Sehun and Yoona, but ‘another’? Who’s the first?

 

“Who’s the first?” I asked. Tiffany glanced at Kyungsoo and I can see Kai shook his head at him.

 

“Nothing noona,” said Kai.

 

“They really look cute together,” whispered Tiffany to me. I nodded and giggled with her. “And you look cute too with Baekhyun,” she continued. I smacked her hand.

 

“Stop saying non sense,” I whispered back. She smirked at me.

 

“But you like it,” I blushed. Well yeah I like it. I glanced at Baekhyun who’s now talking to the boys. I think I started to like you, Baekhyun.

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

“To end the night, we already prepared a song for all of you to dance. Choose your partners and please enjoy the night,” suddenly the MC said. Not long after that, a slow music can be heard. Some people have already made their way towards the center ballroom. I glanced at Taeyeon. Should I dance with her? She was looking intently at the center ballroom while smiling. Way to go, Baekhyun. This is the only way to confirm whether you really like her or not.

 

“Uhm, Taeyeon-ah,” I said. She hummed her response without looking at me. She’s still staring at the couples on the dance floor. “Should we…dance?” I asked her. She then turned her head to me.

 

“With me?” she asked me back. I nodded and she blushed. I chuckled.

 

“Why are you getting shy?” I . She lowered her head and coughed a bit before facing me again.

 

“I’m not,” she said.

 

“Eyyy, you’re blushing though,” I again. She touched her burning cheeks while glaring at me.

 

“Stop teasing me, Baekhyun-ah” she said. I laughed at her and nudged her arms.

 

“So, should we dance?” I asked her again,

 

“But I don’t dance really well,”

 

“It’s fine, just follow my movement,” I said. She then nodded her head and let me took her hand to guide her to the dance floor. I put her tiny hands into my shoulder. I asked for her permission to put my hands on her waist which she replied with a simple nod. I held her steadily by her slim waist and we started to move following the beat.

 

“You dance quite good,” she said while looking at my behind.

 

“You talk but you’re not looking at me,” I said, which makes her blushed again. She lowered her head.

 

“I’m so shy right now, Baekhyun-ah. I never dance with any guy in my entire life,” she said. I raised my eyebrows. Part of me was happy to know that I was her first in dancing. Yes!

 

“Really? No one has ever danced with a beautiful girl like you?” I said. This time I wasn’t teasing her. I really meant what I said.

 

“Stop teasing me,” she said while laughing. I swear to God that was the moment where she looks the most beautiful. I even almost choked but thankfully I can manage myself. I can feel my heart thumping.

 

“I’m not teasing you,” I said while moving our body together. She just rolled her eyes and mouthed “whatever”. I laughed. “Ouch, you just rolled your eyes at your boss,” I said. She’s staring at me again.

 

“Sorry,” she said.

 

“I was just kidding. Dear God, Kim Taeyeon, you should be more adapted to my jokes,” I said. She just smiled and looked at my behind.

 

“Hey, look at that,” she said while eyeing at her behind, making me following the directions she meant. There I saw Sehun and Yoona danced together. I can see the woman blushing but what makes me shocked is the fact that Sehun is also blushing. Pfft, that kid is definitely nervous. I looked at Taeyeon and gave her a teasing look. She smirked at me. My heart skipped a beat. Hell, that was y. Thank God, I can still manage myself to not choke nor cough.

 

“They look good together,” I said. She is looking at me again. She glanced at them and then nodded her head.

 

“Yes they are,” she said while looking at Sehun and Yoona. I coughed which makes her turned her head to me.

 

“You should be focused on us though,” I said. She blushed again. You are so beautiful when blushing.

 

“Stop making me shy,” she said. I smiled. Suddenly something makes me want to tell her what I feel. It’s like a sudden urge that I don’t even know where it comes from.

 

“You really look beautiful tonight. I think you’re the prettiest among the other girls present,” I said. I really meant it. I want to tell her what I feel. She lifted her head to look at me. It felt like it’s just the two of us here. I don’t even care of what’s happening around me. All I can see is this beautiful girl in front of me who’s now staring into my eyes with her pink tinted cheeks. She smiled.

 

“Thanks to you,” she said. I smiled. “You look handsome too,” she said quietly but I still can catch that.

 

“Really?” I asked her. She nodded while looking at her hand that was placed into my shoulder. She then looked at me again. I smiled at her and she smiled back. We’re now staring at each other and I swear to God, it feels like time has stopped that time. My heart is beating fast. It seems like I’ve already fallen for you, Kim Taeyeon.