Green Light

Bittersweet Journey

Two months later…

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

“How is it?”

“Hm?”

“The project with Hyemi’s father company. Is it going well?”

“Yes, all good. Thanks to you,” I smiled as I peck her lips.

“Me?”

“You arranged all the meeting and helped me making the papers. If it’s not with you, I don’t think I’ll be able to do it,”

She pinched my cheek as she smiled tenderly at me.

“Give yourself a credit too. Stop spoiling me with the praise,”

“Who said I’m praising you?” I smirked at her which makes me earned a smack on my chest.

“You—oh! And also Hyemi invited us for her birthday party next week. It will be in Imperial Hotel. We should come. She pleaded like a puppy to me and asked me to make time at the day,” she smiled at me.

“Hyemi did?” I asked her again and she nodded.

“She even said: ‘Unnie, you must come! Or else I’ll be so mad! I won’t talk to you and Oppa anymore!’ And believe me, she stomped her feet like a kid that time. I couldn’t resist it,” she chuckled as she told me.

“Because she is a kid,”

“I know right,”

“It feels good that we’re in a good term with her now,” I said as I ran my thumb on her knuckles.

“Me too. Having a younger sister feels great too. A great gossip and shopping buddy too!” she said with her cheeky smile.

“Yeah great means less time for me,”

“Oh my God, what are you? A teenager?”

“Why?”

“Whatever,” she said before she got up from my lap. I pulled her back immediately which makes her lost her balance as she fell on me again.

“What was that for?” she shot me an annoyed glare.

“Who told you to stand up?”

“In case if you forget, we’re still in the office Byun Baek and anyone can just barge in from that door anytime soon,” she said as she rolled her eyes on me.

“Let them be,”

“Not in this kind of position,”

“Why?”

“Baekhyun this is not ethical,”

I laughed hard at her statement and she just showed me her stoic face.

“It’s not funny,” she puffed her cheeks.

“It was! What do you mean with ethical oh my God Taeyeon,” I chuckled on her.

“Fine. Whatever pleases you,” she said as she poked my chest with her tiny finger.

“Uhm, whatever pleases me? Like last night?” I smirked on her. She shot her head up on me and immediately went red as she finally realized the meaning behind my words.

“You are unbelievable,”

“And you like it,”

“Just shut—“

And I stopped her with my lips on her lips.

---

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

I watched my handsome boyfriend who’s currently preparing the dinner on the kitchen with a smile on my lips. Sometimes I will laugh at him when I saw how confused he looked when he tried to put the dishes into a beautiful set or how awkward he looked when he held the fry pan. I will sometimes caught his embarrassed face and sneaky glance throughout the cooking time and I swear he looked extra adorable tonight.

He invited me to his apartment (again) because he said he want to cook me a dinner. And how could I say no when he asked me while having our making out session on his desk today? I can’t focus. He’s seriously overwhelming me this afternoon.

“Done!” he said which makes me wake up from my thoughts. I stood up and walked to the dine bar.

“Here. Try this first,” he said as he shoved me a spoonful of the kimchi fried rice he made.

“Not bad. It tastes good,” I said as I gulped down the food.

“Really?” he asked me again with his cheeky grin on his lips. I nodded at his question and he sighed in relief.

“Kyungsoo taught me well then,” he said as he sit next to me. He got himself a spoonful of his dish and smiled afterwards.

“I’m talented, right?”

“Yes you are,” I smiled at him. We both then eat in silence while looking to each other’s face.

“Thank you for coming back,” he breaks the silence.

“Why so suddenly?” I raised my eyebrows on him.

“Nothing. It’s just, I feel so grateful to have you back after a hell of three months without you. And now it’s been two months of having you back again. And I feel so so happy,” he said as he smiled on me.

“And I feel so so so glad to be back. To have you around me and to see you again, I feel glad. And I feel sorry that I’ve hurt you before. And to make it all, I want to promise you that I’ll always be here for you,” I said as I smiled on him.

Suddenly, he looks nervous and I can tell it from his body language.

“Are you fine?” I asked him.

“Yes I’m fine. It’s just, I remembered something and I need to go to my room for a while. Could you clean up this? I’m sorry,” he said.

I didn’t ask further since I don’t think it’s good to push him now so I just nod at him.

“It’s fine. Just go, I’ll take care of the dishes,” I said. He rose from his seat and walked to his room. I stood up and brought the plates with me. I put it on the sink and began washing on it. But I still don’t understand why was Baekhyun look so nervous before. Is there a problem? Or maybe, is he sick? Or…was it my words that make him like that?

I was almost finished with washing the dishes when I can feel a pair of arm wrapping me from behind.

“Baek—“

“I want to tell you something,” his soft voice and hot breath swept the right side of my face.

 

I couldn’t move. He sounds so serious that it sent chill all over my body. He has never been this serious with me for quite long and to hear it again makes me shiver.

“Do you know how happy I am when you accepted me as your boyfriend?” he said.

What does he mean?

“Do you know how happy I am when I saw your smile every time I met you?”

What is he up to?

“Do you know how happy I am when you cooked me something?”

What makes him suddenly like this?

“Do you know how happy I am when I woke up with you next to me?”

What is happening?

“You must know that you, simply you make me happy and I couldn’t ask more to God. You are all I ever want and need in this world,” he said as he turned me around to face him.

I stared into his brown orbs. It looked so soft and tender that I’m afraid it could break any time soon. He did the same as me and he lifted his hand as he grazed his fingers on my cheek.

“And when I heard you saying that you will always stay by my side, I couldn’t contain my joy. I’m so happy and glad that it makes me scared. What if one day, you will leave me because I can’t make you happy? What if one day we will not be together? What if one day I won’t be able to hold you close like this?” he stopped. I waited for him to continue.

“I feared,” he said as each words spoken in a very soft tone and I can feel my heart broke when I heard the insecurities behind his tone.

“Why are you like this?” I asked him back. I don’t like it when he feel so insecure about himself.

“You are perfect, Baekhyun. I’m sure you’ll make me happy because you are simply the source of my happiness. You are the color to my life. Don’t ever question your self,” I said as I held his cheek. I can feel the emotion flowing from his gaze on me and it makes me emotional.

“Are you sure?” he asked me. I nodded.

“Then…will you accept me if I want to spend the rest of my life with you? Will you accept me as who I am? The imperfect man who loves the perfection which is you?” he pronounced every single word clearly. I am in dazed that I don’t think I’m still breathing because I can feel something cold slide it’s way in between my fingers.

I didn’t dare to look. I know what it is. And I couldn’t avert my attention from this man in front of me because I was too shocked.

“Breathe, Taeyeon breathe,” he murmured.

I let out a huge breath as I blinked my eyes repeatedly. He looked scared and vulnerable but at the same time strong and powerful with his stare on me.

“Baekhyun, did—“

“I know I’m not worth the perfection like you. I know I still lack in many things I do. But let me try to fix it. Let me try to be the best one in your eyes. Let me be a better person for you,” he said.

“I—“

“I know this is too soon but—“

“Listen to me first. Please?” I shut him up as I pressed my index finger on his lips. He stopped talking and was staring at me intently.

“You are already the best for me and you will always are. Don’t be scared and worried. I’ve promised you myself, to stay with you forever. You are all I want and I need. You are the present in my life, you are the sunshine to my morning and you are the melody to my song. You are basically everthing I wish. And believe me, you don’t need to be a better person because I like the way you are now,” I said as I held his cheeks with both my hands.

I didn’t realize tears already make it’s way down to my cheeks and Baekhyun rub it off for me.

“Don’t cry,” he said.

“I hate it when you doubt yourself. It should be me. I’m the lucky one here, the usual girl who found a prince like you,” I said as I looked into his eyes. And this time, I can no longer see the fear in it. This time, all I see are happiness and determination.

“I love you, ok. I will always love you,” I whispered. He smiled and leaned in to capture my lips. It was slow and tender at first but I’m overwhelmed with the emotion and so did he. So, in seconds, it turned into a passionate one. He kissed me hard, hard enough to make me squirm. But it’s not the rough one because I can feel the strong emotion in it.

“So…is it a green light?” he hesitantly asked me after he broke the kiss; our forehead against each other and our arms embracing each other.

“Yes. It’s always a green light,” I smiled upon him as we breathe in the same rhythm.

We stared into each other’s orbs and I swear I can see stars all over his eyes. Like a galaxy. A beautiful galaxy, and the most beautiful night in my life of course.