The One

Bittersweet Journey

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I feel so tired, my feet are numb and my body is aching from the unstoppable walking. Yes, I’m trapped here, in a mall, with my girlfriend, Taeyeon’s friends, my cousins and the most annoying (you know who).

 

“Hey lazy brat, cheer up a bit,” suddenly Yuri flicked my forehead.

 

I rolled my eyes while massaging my neck. I glanced at Taeyeon who’s currently being dragged by Kai and Chanyeol to join them playing basketball game in the game center with Yoona, Tiffany and Sehun following from behind.

 

“You disturb my special weekend that was supposed to be full time with my girlfriend, how can I be happy?” I scoffed.

 

“Not my fault, prick,” she said while leaving me behind to join the rest. I sighed, remembering what happened this morning.

 

“What the—“ suddenly Yuri grabbed my hair and pulled it down, making me stumble.

 

“HOW DARE YOU TO END THAT PHONE CALL FROM ME!?” she said while pulling my hair. I fought back and trying to push her hand off my hair.

 

“HEY, STOP!” I can hear Taeyeon and Tiffany trying to stop us while Yoona trying to pull Yuri’s body away from me. Finally, that released her hands off me.

 

“Stop acting like a kid, for God sake, Kwon Yuri!” this time Tiffany scolded her.

 

“Be thankful that you’re a girl or else I will do worse than you just did,” I said. Taeyeon nudged my elbow.

 

“Stop, you too stop acting childish,” she said to me. I glanced at Yuri who’s currently smirking at me. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Oh? You guys are here too?” suddenly I heard Chanyeol’s voice. We glanced to the side to found Sehun and Kai following him from behind. They seem surprised with the situation.

 

“Yep, we accidentally meet here,” said Yuri while smiling. Tch, ‘accidentally’ my .

 

“Anyway, let’s hang out, Taeyeon-ah! It’s girls’ days out, it’s been long time since the last time we hang out together. Just leave this prick for a while~” Yuri continued.

 

“YAH,” I protested. Taeyeon glanced at me.

 

“Oh, you guys want to hang out too? Can we join? Actually we’re going to ask Baekhyun hyung to hang out too for today,” said Chanyeol. WHAT!?

 

“Oh…uh, well sounds good though. What do you think guys?” asked Yuri to Tiffany and Yoona. They both replied with a nod.

 

“But, unnie, we should ask Taeyeon unnie and Baekhyun oppa permission,” said Yoona.

 

“No need, they will agree right?” she said with her eyebrows flicked.

 

“Of course they will, LET’S GO!” said Chanyeol while dragging me in to the apartment. I glanced at Taeyeon. She smiled at me and mouthed ‘let’s just go’, making me sighed in defeat.

 

I snapped from my thoughts when I saw someone flicked their fingers in front of me. It’s Chanyeol.

 

“So, what were you thinking?” he asked while joining me to lean on to the wall. We both were watching Taeyeon and Tiffany cheering for Yoona and Sehun couple versus Yuri and Kai couple playing the basketball.

 

“Nothing,” I replied.

 

“Eyy, you’re a terrible liar, you know?” he said.

 

“I want to spend the weekend with Taeyeon only, to be honest,” I sighed.

 

“Oh hooo, so you feel disturbed?”

 

“Not really, it’s just, we never had a proper date before, and I’m thinking of taking her out today for a date, but then it’s all ruined with that plan,” I said.

 

“Well, we’re also going to ask you to hang out though,”

 

“I can still deny your offer too, but not that girl,”

 

“Ouch,” he said. We both then chuckled. “Speaking of Taeyeon, how come she wore your clothes when I saw her this morning? Did she stay overnight?” he asked me.

 

“Well…yeah,” I answered hesitantly.

 

“WOAHH, did anything happen?” he asked while wiggling his eyebrows. I know he’s trying to tease me. I pushed him away.

 

“Of course not, I’m not a jerk,” I said.

 

“Well, we never know,” he said. I smacked his arm.

 

“I’m not like you,” I said.

 

“Hey, I’m innocent,”

 

“Yeah, playing with girls’ heart and then leaving them,”

 

“You mean: giving a lesson to a girl who only look at boys for their money,” he scoffed. I laughed, knowing what he means. “Anyway, look at your girl. She seems to enjoy this day with all her friends and her boyfriend. I think you should just enjoy it like what she did,” he said.

 

I glanced at Taeyeon who’s now laughing at the winning of Sehun and Yoona couple. She looks so carefree. I smiled, yeah, I should enjoy this day too.

 

“HEY LAZY KIDS, LET’S GO,” we suddenly hear that annoying voice again. Chanyeol stand up first and then I followed from behind. Taeyeon waits for me so that she can walk beside me. She linked her arms into mine.

 

“I’m sorry if it’s end up like this,” she said while she smiled bitterly. I released my arm from her and put my arm around her shoulder.

 

“It’s okay, I kinda enjoy it too after seeing your smile,” I said. She smiled and circled her arm on my waist.

 

“You will get a reward later for your understanding,” she shyly said. I looked at her.

 

“What is it?” I asked in curiosity. She laughed and leaned to my ear.

 

“Secret,” she whispered and then she left me behind while catching up with the rest.

 

 

We enjoyed the rest of the day by eating lunch together, following the girls while they’re busy shopping and stopping by at an ice cream shop to grab some snack.

 

“You like it?” I said after I gave Taeyeon her cone of chocolate ice cream. She nodded.

 

“You want some?” she said.

 

“Yes, from the one that smeared on your lips,” I purposely . She immediately turn red and smack my arms. She takes some tissues from her bag and wipe her lips.

 

“Gross,” I hear Yuri said while she sat next to Taeyeon.

 

“Why should you ruin our moment?” I said. Taeyeon just laughed at me.

 

“Excuse me, but there are still a lot of people around you. I’m not ruining your moment,” she said.

 

“Yeah but at least the others are busy talking while you choose to bother us,” I scoffed.

 

“Well that’s my purpose,” she said.

 

“Guys stop. Anyway, I want to excuse myself. I want to go to bathroom. Don’t fight you two,” Taeyeon warned us and then she left to the bathroom. I was left now with Yuri sit in the opposite of me and the others seem enjoying their conversation while teasing Yoona and Sehun.

 

“Hey,” suddenly Yuri snapped me from my thought.

 

“What?” I lazily replied while eating my ice cream.

 

“I may be a sometimes but I will be even ier when it comes to Taeyeon,” she said. This time, I stopped eating. “You’re her first ever boyfriend, but that doesn’t mean she has never had a crush on someone before,” she continued. I usher her to continue.

 

“Back then, when we’re still in high school, she had a crush over a senior. She said that she likes him but I don’t think so. Her eyes only showed an admiration, not love. But she insisted that she likes him. When that senior finally revealed to be dating, I quickly told her. And as I expected, she become sad in a moment but she recover quickly after that. That means, she never loved him, she only looked at him as a senior that she really respects,” she said.

 

“And your point is?” I asked her hesitantly.

 

She sighed before she continued. “My point is, this is my first time seeing her eyes full of love, and I’m sure that’s because of you. It’s different from what I saw during our high school days,” she said.

 

I smiled. So I’m her first love? That thought makes me giddy inside.

 

“But, remember this. She never fell in love before. Not this kind of love. If you once hurt her, I swear to God I will chase you down until the very end. Don’t ever break her heart because she had never undergoes such pain because of love,” she warned me.

 

“I won’t. I promise and I swear, I won’t,” I said, determined. I’m really serious. I won’t hurt her. I’m too in love with her to ever think of hurting her. Seeing her smile is the best thing of my life, I can’t even imagine what I will be if I ever see her cry.

 

“You better hold on your words. Oh she’s here, don’t tell her anything that I said before,” she said while leaning back to her original position and pretending like nothing happened.

 

“Hey, what were you guys talking?” I heard Taeyeon voice while she take her seat in front of me.

 

“Nothing,” I said and smiled at her.

 

---

 

I dropped Taeyeon in front of her house and followed her out of my car. I stood exactly in front of her who’s currently smiling at me.

 

“Thank you for today,” she said. I cupped her face with both of my hands and kiss her forehead.

 

“Thank you too. Let’s go for a real date between the two of us only next time,” I said. She nodded and pulled my hands off her cheeks.

 

“I have gifts for you,” she said.

 

“Gifts? So it’s more than one?” I asked her. She nodded. She pulled out a small plastic bag from her big paper bag and gave it to me. I raised my eyebrows at her.

 

“Just open it,” she said. I open the plastic bag and found a soft blue silk tie inside it.

 

“A tie?” I asked her.

 

“Er…I know it’s weird, but…uh, I somehow like the color and I think it will match you… You don’t like it?” she asked me with her worried eyes. I put the tie inside the plastic bag and brushed her cheeks.

 

“Of course I like it, thank you,” I said and I pecked her lips. She gapes at me. “Why?” I asked her.

 

“Uh…I have another,” she said while facing away from me.

 

“What is it?” I asked her. She looks nervous for a bit but then she sighed. She’s staring at me with determination in her eyes. Then, she encircled her arms around my neck and leaned on to me. I can feel her lips landed on mine. I am in shock. I looked into her closing eyes in awe. Did she just kiss me? This the first time she ever makes a move on me.

 

When she was about to pull back, I grabbed her waist and pulled her in again. This time I kissed her back which makes her eyes popped open before it closes again. At first it was a tender kiss, but then we started to move harder. It feels amazing, how our lips interlocked at each other and moved following the rhythm. I can feel spark and butterfly in my stomach. I kissed her harder which makes a small gasp escapes from . We break the kiss when we feel a need of air to breathe. She still has her arm around my neck and mine around her waist. We’re staring into each other eyes while panting from the excitement of the kiss. And at that time, I am assured that she is the one for me and I think she thought the same.