Oh My...

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

It’s another hectic day at my office but thank God I’m already adapted to that. Well, 2 months were enough for me to adjust my new position but not enough for me to adjust myself when I was with my boss a.k.a Baekhyun. How to put it in words? His existence is enough to make me feel so intimidated, confused but comfortable at the same time. And yes I still can’t move on from what happened yesterday. I didn’t dare to talk to him or look at him. I still can feel my cheeks burning from whatever it is and it feels so awkward. Even I didn’t make any eye contact with him except when was talking to me. me, right?

 

“Taeyeon, do you have the file I want from my father?” I suddenly heard him. I stood up from my seat and gave him the folder he needed.

 

“Ah, thank you,” he replied. I bowed slightly. Just as I was about to turn my heel, he suddenly stopped me by grabbing my arm. “Are you sick?” he asked.

 

“No, I’m not,” I replied him. What makes him think that I’m sick?

 

“You looked a bit off, you didn’t talk much too today,” he said. Well, that’s because I’m still awkward from yesterday.

 

“Maybe that’s because it’s a bit busy today, but I’m fine. Thank you for asking, Baekhyun-ssi.” I said. He nodded his head and released my arm. Well damn, what was that. The moment he released my arm, I can feel warmness spread across my body and yes it comes from the place where he just touched. I excused myself and sit back to my seat. I was about to regain my sense again when suddenly the door is opened, revealing 3 boys who’s currently laughing and 2 boys who’s scowling behind them.

 

“What did I say about knocking before entering the room?” I heard Suho voice.

 

“It’s only Baekhyun hyung’s room,” the youngest said.

 

“Not only Baekhyun, remember her?” I can see Kyungsoo scowling at them while pointing at me.

 

“Ah ne, sorry Taeyeon-ssi,” Chanyeol said. I just smiled at him.

 

“You guys are too noisy,” suddenly Baekhyun is already in front of my desk with all the 5 boys. “Taeyeon, it’s lunch time already, you can have your lunch. I’m going with them,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Ah yes, I will—“

 

“How about you join us? It will be fun,” suddenly Chanyeol cut me off. What?

 

“Right! So that we can know noona better,” said Sehun while giving me his sweetest smile. Okay kids, I may have already met all of you quite a lot but that doesn’t mean I can just go with you and act like we’re close, seriously.

 

“No, no I’m fine. Anyway, my friend is waiting for me downstairs,” I said. I can see Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

 

“Ah, it’s a pity noona, just--“

 

“Well okay then, we better go kids. See you later, Taeyeon-ssi,” suddenly Suho speak while pushing Sehun outside the room. The other bid their goodbye to me and left the room together but suddenly Baekhyun halt his steps. Half peeking from the door, he asked me.

 

“You sure don’t wanna join?”. I shook my head and smiled at him.

 

“I’m fine, my friend is waiting for me downstairs,” I replied.

 

“Uhm, okay. Have a nice lunch,” he said and then he left. Darn, that feels again. I can felt my heart enveloped with warmness and I know that’s because of his words. I shook my head and quickly grabbed my wallet. I left the room as soon as possible, not giving any chance for myself questioning my feelings right now. This is weird, better go.

 

---

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I tried hard to open my eyes and glanced at my clock. It’s Saturday and it’s only 7 in the morning, I need more sleep, I said to myself. I reached my phone on my bedside table and swiped the screen without looking at the caller ID.

 

“Uhm, yo…yoboseyo?” I asked half-awake.

 

“TAEYEON-AHHH, GOOD MORNING!”. Oh my God, I swear, hearing Tiffany’s scream in the morning is the worst way to start you day.

 

“Too noisy you fool,” I replied her.

 

“Whatever, anyway, it’s Saturday! Let’s go to the mall! I want to go shopping,” she said.

 

“I’m tired, Tiff. I just got home at 10 yesterday,”

 

“You’re no fun! Pleaseee, it won’t take long. Anyway, Yoona is coming with us! She said she miss you!” I heard her begging. Yoona? Well yes, it’s been a long time since I met her.

 

“Isn’t she busy with her new job?” I asked her.

 

“No, she isn’t. She’s worker, just like us. She’s no longer a model, so I think it won’t be that hectic with her right now, right?”

 

“Uh..yeah, I hope so,”

 

“So you’re joining?” she asked me back.

 

“Okay,”

 

“YEAY! I will pick you up at 1 in the afternoon, bye baby boo!” she then end the call. I lift my body and sat at the edge of my bed. I’m actually still exhausted from yesterday but I want to meet Yoona. That cute dongsaeng hasn’t been in contact since 5 months ago. I glanced outside my window. Why did I feel so tired? I remembered we had a sudden meeting with Oh Company after lunch break and annual meeting with the field 1 workers before the end of the office hours. Beside that, Baekhyun brought me a bubble tea after he returned from his lunch. He said that Sehun likes bubble tea so much and he bought it for everyone including me. He said Sehun initially wanted to give it to me by himself but he couldn’t because he had a meeting with Kai outside office. I also remembered Baekhyun asking me about my lunch and said that we should grab lunch together with the boys another time because they really want to befriend with me which successfully made me shy the time he said it. That’s quite a day, Taeyeon. I glanced back at my clock. Well, better sleep again while I still have time. I laid my back against the bed and drift off to sleep again.

 

---

 

“UNNIE!!!” Yoona screamed while hugging me tightly. After Tiff picked me up, we agreed to meet Yoona at the mall.

 

“BABY I MISS YOU!” I can hold myself without screaming. I seriously have missed this cutie so much.

 

“Me too, unnie! Aigoo, you look even prettier than before!” she said while releasing me from his bear hug. I blushed and pinched her cheek.

 

“You’re way more beautiful than me, stop it already,”

 

“Okay enough with the I-miss-you-and-miss-you-too time, let’s go shopping guys,” Tiffany suddenly spoke, making Yoona pouted at her.

 

“Aish, you’re no fun unnie,” she said. I laughed and grab her hand.

 

“Just let’s go before Tiffany being noisy again,” I said, making Tiffany rolled her eyes on me while following us from behind.

 

We spent almost 5 hours at the mall. Shopping, eating and shopping again, that’s basically how we used the time. As usual, Tiffany is the one who bought the most while Yoona is the one who ate the most. I think we can almost visit all the store this mall had if only we have more time. After feeling exhausted, we stopped in front of a clothing shop.

 

“Guys, it’s already 7 p.m, time surely went fast,” said Tiffany. Suddenly, Yoona’s phone ringed.

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry, I have to go right now, my mom asked me to go home fast because we have guests at our house,” Yonna suddenly said after ended her call.

 

“It’s okay, Yoona. Be careful in your way home!” I said. She then hugged me and Tiff and then left the mall in a speed of light. I was about to said something to Tiffany when she suddenly cut me off.

 

“Boo, I have to go too. I’m sorry I can’t drop you home. Is it okay if you just take a taxi?” Tiff suddenly said to me.

 

“Aish you. What happen?” I said.

 

“I’m so sorry Taeyeon, this is so urgent. My father needs the car I used and he asked me to come home right now. I have to go now,” she said while giving me her aegyo.

 

“Don’t use your aegyo to me, it’s gross. And it’s fine, Fany-ah. Just go, I still have something to buy at this shop,” I said while pointing the shop. She bid a goodbye and hugged me before she left. After she left, I decided to enter the shop. I actually have nothing to buy or to search at this shop. It’s just I don’t want to go home yet. I strolled around the work outfit area. Maybe a new outfit? I was looking through the formal outfit scetion when something caught my eye. I took a knee-length green formal dress with a brown ribbon on its waist.

I turned the dress around. It looks nice.

 

“It looks nice,” suddenly I heard a voice mirroring mine. I turned my head and I swear I almost drop the dress I was holding when I saw who’s in front of me. Oh my…

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I’m so pissed knowing that Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun just left me here, in this mall because they have an urgent ‘date’ to attend to. Date my . What kind of date is it when they just meet this bunch of materialistic girls while eating pizza? I may sounded so judging here but I know those girls are the type who’s thirsty with their oppa’s money. Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun are not players, they just like to teach these kind of girls a ‘thing’. No, don’t think that they’re going to do something bad towards them. I know what will happen later. They will call me and said: “we successfully left them at the bar and now they have to pay for all the bills we made, GYAHAHA”. Yes they’re people like that. Sounds mean? I don’t think so, these type of girls really need to be taught things so that they will stop looking at someone just because of their money. We’ve met a lot of girls like that and yeah Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun will be those who’s in charge of executing while me, Kyungsoo and Suho hyung will be the one who enjoy the story.

 

I don’t want to go home yet so I entered this clothing shop. I stroll around the men’s outfit area and found nothing interesting. I was about to leave to shop when I caught a glimpse of someone familiar. I narrowed my eyes. Yes, she’s familiar. I walked towards her but I think she didn’t notice. She’s too engrossed with the dress she held. The dress looks good.

 

“It looks nice,” I can’t help myself to suddenly say that. She turned her head and I swear she had that surprised expression on her face. I gotta admit, she looks cute and part of me is glad to meet her tonight.