What's Wrong With Them?

Bittersweet Journey

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

“Easy hyung, I just met her and I’m helping her with her stuff,” Sehun said while smirking at me. Why is this kid smirking?

 

“Yes Baek—I mean Mr. Byun, I met Mr. Oh on my way back here,” she said while stepping off the elevator. Sehun followed her behind.

 

“Well then get back to work now,” I said emotionless while walking to my room, leaving them behind. I can sense they’re following me from behind.

 

“Sehun-ah, aren’t you going back to your room?” I asked. That kid shrugged his shoulder and lift up the box he held.

 

“As I said, I’m helping her,” he said. Taeyeon looked at him a bit, hesitating to say something.

 

“Just let me bring it,” I said, taking the box from him. Taeyeon looked a bit surprised.

 

“Ah Mr. Byun, just give it to me, I will bring it my own,” she said. I raised my eyebrows at her.

 

“You don’t let me help you and you let him help you, why?” I asked him. What, did I just say that? She looks surprised and I can sense Sehun staring at me in his playful eyes, that kid must been thinking something weird.

 

“Ah I don’t mean to—“

 

“That’s okay, just get in first to the room. I want to talk to Sehun first,” I said motioning her to go ahead. She hesitated a bit but then she bowed her head and leave me and Sehun behind.

 

“Woah hyung, what is it with you? Why are you become so possessive?” he said while leaning on the wall. I shifted the box I held and glanced at him.

 

“Me? Helping her? Possesive?”

 

“It’s not that thing. I mean when you said you let him help you but I didn’t, that thing,” he said while scoffing. I chuckled.

 

“That doesn’t mean anything kid. I just want her to get back to work immediately. There are still a lot of things to be arranged,” I said. He just nodded his head but I know he held back a playful smile.

 

“Well then, I will go first. See you later hyung. We will visit your room soon ,” he said and bid a goodbye to me. I turned my body and went to my room. I opened the door and found her arranging some folders in the shelf near the left wall. When she saw me, she immediately approached me and take the box from me. I pulled it back.

 

“I’m fine, where should I put this?” I asked her.

 

“Ah, you can put it on my desk,” she said. I put it on her desk and going back to my desk. “Thank you for the help Mr. Byun,” she said while following me.

 

“Your welcome, and what did I say about you calling me?”

 

“Ah ne, I mean Baekhyun-ssi,” she smiled a bit while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Well it’s my first time seeing her smiling. Well she is sometimes smiling, but this smile is different. It looks friendlier and more comfortable other than her smiles towards me before. She is beautiful. Wait, what? Did I just say that? Get yourself straight Baekhyun.

 

“Well you can continue what you’re doing then,” I said. She bowed lightly and she is continuing her things. She began to unpack another file from the box she brought and place it on the shelf near the wall. I tore my gaze away from her. Geez, go back to work Baekhyun. I turn my laptop on and trying to concentrate myself on it. Suddenly I heard a loud thud coming from her. I peeked over my laptop, only to see her rubbing her forehead while kneeling in the floor.

 

“Did you just fall?” I asked while staring at her.

 

“Oh no no, I just accidently hit my forehead to the edge of the shelf, but I’m fine Baekhyun-ssi. Sorry to interrupt you,” she said while standing. See, she is so clumsy. I get back to my work and started to get myself focused on it. Sometimes I can hear noises from her but I’m trying to ignore it. I peeked over my laptop and I can see her arranging the stuff while walking back and forth to her desk. Can’t she do it quietly?

 

It was only 15 minutes when I can hear another ‘thud’ coming from her. I sighed and peeked over my laptop again.“What is it now, Taeyeon-ssi?” I said. She froze in her place.

 

“Uhm…nothing sir, I’m sorry. Did I interrupt you again?” she asked.

 

“You keep creating a lot of noises for about 15 minutes and so, do you think I can concentrate?” I asked her back. She pales momentarily. She knotted her fingers while biting his lips. I sighed and stand up from my seat. I walked just to stand a meter from her.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, I’ve already told you that I’m quite strict when it comes to works. I don’t like to be interrupted or to be distracted when I’m doing my work. So please, can you do your best in next time?” I asked her. She pales even more. Ugh, I felt guilty now. She looks flustered.

 

“I will understand this one but I hope you won’t do such things like this in the future. Please be less clumsy. Do you understand?” I said again while trying to read her face. I think she finally wakes up from her ‘blank-zone’ when she suddenly blinks.

 

“Ah, yes Mr. Byu—I mean Baekhyun-ssi. Ne, I will be less clumsy in the future, once again I’m sorry,” she said while bowing to me. I sighed and nodded my head. I looked over to her desk. Well she got a lot of things to be arranged. I felt a bit guilty after lecturing her. She must be tired from all this moving stuff. I walked to her desk and pick some folders. Ugh, this is quite heavy.

 

“Where should I put this? I will help you. It will be finished faster so I can concentrate again to my works,” I said. She blinked and coughed a bit.

 

“Uh, it goes there. You can put the blue one there and the red one here,” she said while pointing at the shelf.

 

In the end, I helped her to arrange all the folders and I got to admit that it’s quite tiring. Every folders need to be arranged in specific place so that it will be easier to find it later and some of them need to be re-arranged because they’re a bit messy. It took us an hour to finally finish it.

 

“Thank you for your help, Baekhyun-ssi. I’m sorry to make your first day working here become unpleasant,” she said while bowing in front of me. Doesn’t she get tired of bowing?

 

“That’s fine. Now just get back to works,” I said while going back to my desk. I can finally concentrate on my work again. But before I start, I glanced at her desk. She has that tiny smile in her face while turning on her laptop. I shrugged my shoulder and hold my smile back. Well it’s quite a day.

 

---

 

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

I stretched my arms to the air. Ugh, I feel my body so stiff. I glanced over my watch. It’s only 8 p.m, why do I feel so tired already. I peeked at Baekhyun’s desk. He is still working. Isn’t he tired? I turned off my laptop and close it. It’s time to go home. Work hours have ended since 1 hour ago. But it will be awkward if I asked myself to go home first, after all unpleasant things I did to him. Suddenly, I saw the door opened and saw 5 boys entering the room while laughing loudly. Oh, them.

 

“HYUNG!” someone with a bit tanned skin called him while approaching him. The other 3 followed him while the other one closing the door. Well, am I invisible?

 

“Oh, hello,” the one who closed the door greet me. I stand up and bowed at him. “My name is Kim Junmyeon, you’ve heard it right? But just call me Suho, it’s like my other name and it will be easier to be remembered. I’m sorry for the kids behavior,” he said while extending his hand to me. I accept his hand and shake it firmly.

 

“Ah, yes, annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Taeyeon. You may call me Taeyeon,” I said. Suddenly the  4 boys with Baekhyun beside them come to my desk.

 

“Oh we meet again, noona!” that Sehun kid suddenly greeted me. Noona? He is younger than me? But how do he know my age? I smiled at him and bowed to every one of them.

 

“Sorry I didn’t see you there. My name is Kim Jongin, but you can just call me Kai. This tall guy here is Park Chanyeol, and you can just call him Chanyeol,” he said while introducing me the tallest guy of them. I bowed again and that Chanyeol guy gives me his widest smile. Wow, he looks attractive and cute though.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, nice to meet you,” he said while waving his hand to me.

 

“My name is Do Kyungsoo, but you can just call me D.O. Nice to meet you,” he said calmly and then he bowed to me. I bowed back.

 

“Ah ne, it’s nice to see all of you too. My name is Kim Taeyeon, but just call me Taeyeon,” I said.

 

“Now guys, we better go home. Taeyeon-ssi, you can go home too,” Baekhyun suddenly talked to me.

 

“Ah yes, I will leave later, I will tidy the room a bit. You can just go home first Mr. Byun,” I said.

 

“Just Baekhyun, they’re my friend, it’s fine,” he said. “And guys, she is one year younger than me, so Kai you need to call her noona too,” he said.

 

“Oh, ne sorry noona,” he said while smiling apologetically. Wow, all this young man is very nice and well-mannered, I thought they’re going to be such a bastard like in dramas.

 

“Ah ne it’s fine,” I replied him.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, I think you better go home now, it’s getting late. You’re a woman, it’s not good to go home at late night,” suddenly that guy who closed the door said to me. What is his name again…ah right, Suho.

 

“At it’s okay uhm..Mr. Kim, I—“

 

“Just call me Suho-ssi, although I’m one year older than Baekhyun, it feels good to be called Suho-ssi,” he said while smiling.

 

“Ah ne, Suho-ssi, I’m—“

 

“How about our Baekhyun hyung drops noona off to her house? You won’t mind right hyung?” suddenly Sehun cuts me off. What? No no, it will be awkward.

 

“AH NO NEED FOR THAT,” I said, a bit louder that makes them a bit surprised at my sudden outburst. “I mean I will go home now and take a bus, it’s still early,” I said excusing myself.

 

“But—“

 

“That’s okay. Uhm, I will get going then. It’s good to meet you all. And sorry for today. See you later,” I bowed my head then hurriedly leaving the room. Geez, no way Baekhyun will take me home, it will be so awkward. Despite, I just know him today. Yeah right, no way I will let him take me home.

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

“Why is that girl seems so afraid, did you do something to her hyung?” Kai suddenly asked me.

 

“No,” I replied. I didn’t do anything. Well I did give her some ‘lectures’ today, but I’m not angry at her.

 

“She is actually cute, that type of girl who easily get flustered,” Suho hyung suddenly said.

 

“Yeah right, she is clumsy too. It’s cute when I saw her getting embarrassed,” Sehun said. I glanced at him.

 

“How do you know?” I asked him suddenly. I can sense Chanyeol looking at me.

 

“I told you I met her today at the elevator, and yeah she stumbled and fell in front of me, that’s why I helped her carrying those box which at the end you took because you want to be the one who help her” he explained while eating the gum she took from Kai.

 

“I’m just helping her okay. By the way, really? Just that?” I asked him again. Now I can sense Kyungsoo and Suho hyung looking at me.

 

“Wait, why are you so curious?” Chanyeol suddenly stand near me and asked me. Now all of them are looking at me.

 

“What?” I asked them back.

 

“Bacon, are you interested at her?” suddenly Chanyeol asked me. What did he just say?

 

“What? Of course not, I just know her today,” I replied back.

 

“Yesteday,” said D.O. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Yeah whatever, what makes you think like that?” I asked him back. Chanyeol looked at Suho hyung and stifled a laugh.

 

“Nothing, let’s go home guys,” Chanyeol suddenly took Sehun’s and Kai’s hand while dragging them off. Suho hyung smiled a bit while D.O stared at me with his large eyes, but I can sense his smirk before they walked ahead, leaving me behind. What’s wrong with them?