The Confession

Bittersweet Journey

[Taeyeon P.O.V]

 

“Argh, I’m going crazy right now, what should I do, Fany-ahhh,” I whined.

 

“Calm down you kid. He will be there in an hour, don’t be so nervous,” said Tiffany. I scoffed and she chuckled. “I really wish we’re not on the phone right now so that I can see your face,” she continued.

 

“You’re not helping,” I said which she responded with a laugh.

 

“You’re going to be okay, Taenggu-ah. Besides, it’s not a DATE right?” she said while emphasizing the word ‘date’.

 

“Are you teasing me? Well…he just said that he will hang out with me and asked me to choose a place. I have no idea though so I just blurted Myeongdong,” I said.

 

“Well then why are you so nervous? What? You’re wishing it’s a date, right?” she said.

 

“Stop teasing you ahjumma,” I said.

 

“Who the hell you just called ahjumma, you kid,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Fine, whatever. I hope I wore the right clothes,” I said.

 

“You’re wearing the right clothes. I’m a fashionista here, you must believe in my taste,” she said. Two hours ago, Tiffany asked me to send her my wardrobes collection (yes I know she’s unbelievable) so that she can match the attire for me. Thus, I wore these fit body jeans shirt, black skinny trousers and a flat shoes. I chose a small white sling bag to complete the looks and pulled my hair into a pony tail and let my bangs freely untouched. I faced the mirror again. I hope I look presentable.

 

“I hope so. Thank you, Fany-ah,” I said. She chuckled and wished me a good luck before she finally ended the call. At 1 p.m sharp, I can hear my phone ringing with a new message notification from him, saying he’s already in front of my door. I dashed out my room and quickly opened the door. I swear to God I almost faint when I opened the door. He looks so damn fine. He wore a white t-shirt with dark blue plain shirt covering it, a black jeans and sneakers. He let his hair down without being gelled, which makes him even more handsome than before. He smiled when he saw me.

 

“Hi, Taeyeon-ah,” he said, waking me up from my thoughts.

 

“Hi, Baekhyun-ah.” I said.

 

“You look cute in pony tail,” he said. I blushed. Damn, we just met, stop making me shy.

 

“Err…thanks…” I said, not knowing what to say anymore.

 

He chuckled. “You’re blushing again,” he said. I hid my face from him by looking away.

 

“Stop teasing me,” I said. I heard him laughing which makes me turn my face to him again.

 

“Okay sorry. So, should we go now?” he asked.

 

“Okay let’s go,” I said. I followed him to his car and sat next to him.

 

“You’re living alone?” he asked once the engine started.

 

“No, I am not. My parents are currently out for something while my brother is sleeping soundly at his room,” I said. He smiled while focusing on the road. I glanced at him. He had that serious face again. Something must be bothering him. “Hey, are you okay?” I said. He turned his head on me.

 

“Oh? Oh, no…I mean I’m fine,” he said while smiling. I just nodded. I wish he’s just fine.

 

---

 

As soon as we arrived, we quickly bought a bubble tea since it was summer here in Seoul and the weather is quite warm. To our surprise, we both like bubble tea with same preference, the vanilla milk tea one. We then strolled along the road. Sometimes he will pull me to a clothing store, asking for suggestion from me to whatever that caught his eyes. Same goes to me, I will ask him to wait a bit when I saw something that caught my eyes. After it felt like we visited a lot of shop, we ended up with two bags in our hand, one is him and one is mine.

 

“It’s fun hanging out with you,” he said. I smiled while walking beside him.

 

“Same goes to me,” I said. But then, I stopped my track. Baekhyun also halted his step and looking at what I was staring.

 

“You want to eat ice cream, don’t you?” he asked. I grinned at him. “Okay, let’s buy it,” he said. I smiled triumphantly. He knows me very well. This time, I insisted him that this will be my treat. He refused at first but then I can beat him because I took my money faster than him.

 

“Thank you for buying me ice cream, Taeyeon-ah,” he said while we’re waiting for our ice cream. I chuckled.

 

“This is just nothing, please,” I said. We then chose a vacant table and sat facing each other.

 

“You really like chocolate, aren’t you?” he asked. I nodded in reply.

 

“This is my favorite flavor though,” I said. We then chatted a lot about our hobbies and stuff. I found out that he likes to eat rather than to cook. He isn’t good when it comes to cooking which is so opposite with me because I’m quite confident with my cooking skill. He also said that he wants to try my food which makes me felt so giddy. After we finished our ice cream, we continue our day by strolling again.

 

Around 7 p.m, we decided to have our dinner at a noodle store near Myeongdong. We ordered two jajangmyeon and two cokes. While eating it, I will sometimes steal a glance at him. I love the way he talks about his life, I love the way he smiled to my words, I love the way his eyes turned into a crescents shape when he laughed, I love the way he stares at me and I love the he eats. Yes, because he will never notice that he had something smeared near his lips.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, you have sauce near your lips,” I said. He raised his eyebrows.

 

“Then wipe it off,” he said. I was a bit surprised with his words.

 

“Excuse me?” I said. He stopped eating.

 

“Wipe it off then,” he said. Man, I can feel my cheeks burning. I quickly take my tissues and put it in front of him.

 

“Just wipe it yourself,” I said without looking at him. I heard him chuckling.

 

“You’re blushing,” he said. I glared at him and mouthed ‘I’m not’. He laughed while continuing his eating. I glanced at him again. He may tease me a lot but still…I like, well maybe not just like, I love him.

 

---

 

[Baekhyun P.O.V]

 

I was so nervous. I can feel sweats on my hands. I’m planning of confessing to her tonight but I actually have no idea what to say. And then suddenly, something caught my eyes. A park. Maybe this is the way.

 

“Taeyeon-ah,” I said. She turned her head on me. I can feel my grip on the steering wheel tighten. She might have noticed my weird expression because she suddenly ask me.

 

“What is it? Are you okay?” she asked.

 

“Should we go to a park first before going home?” I asked her.

 

She chuckled. “You have that weird expression because you want to ask me that?” she asked. Well, it’s not only that. I have a bigger thing to be worried right now and it’s about you.

 

“Uh…yeah,” I replied shortly. She just laughed and agreed. I turned my car to the park I saw and parked it near. We both then walked to the swings in that park. Taeyeon sat on the swing beside me. She swoon her swing while staring at the sky.

 

“The sky looks beautiful tonight,” she said while staring up. I glanced at her. This is already the –nth time I saw her side profile but I will never get bored of it. You know what girl? You’re way more beautiful than that sky.

 

“Yes it is, but it’s not the most beautiful thing right now,” I said. She turned her head on me and laughed.

 

“Then what?” she said while raising her eyebrows. Here comes the moment. I was so nervous though but hey, I’m a man, there is no backing off. I gulped my own saliva and turned my head to her. She was still looking at me.

 

“You,” I said. I saw her face pales momentarily before her cheeks get tinted with that pink color again. She quickly lowered her head away from me.

 

“Hahaha…uh, what did you…uh,” she blabbered. God, she’s so cute when she’s nervous and blabbering. I stood up from my swings and walked to her swings. I stood in front of her.

 

“Taeyeon-ah,” I called her name. Slowly, she raised her head and looking at me. Her cheeks were still pink from my words but I don’t care. God help me right now. I’m staring deep at her and so does she. “I have a story to tell,” I said. She blinked her eyes in response.

 

“Mm…about?” she said with a really quiet voice. I squatted down until I got my eyes at the same level as her. I can see her confused face and her nervous face. Girl, I think I should be the one who’s nervous now.

 

“I met a girl 3 months ago. When I met her at the first time, she didn’t even know me, but I knew her. I met her often since then. She will sometimes annoy me with her clumsiness. When she called her friend, she will be so talkative. She gets easily embarrassed when someone but she’s actually a friendly person when people got close to her,” I paused. I can see her face pales even more. “Do you want me to continue?” I asked. She exhaled and nodded her head.

 

“Yes, carry on,” she said, still looking at me. I smiled.

 

“At first, I didn’t see anything special on her. She’s just that girl that I met late night, who called me weird, leaving me an impression of a ‘careless girl’. But something attract me, something makes me want to know her better. She laughs like an ahjumma sometimes, but I love her laughs. I don’t care if she’s just an ordinary girl. I didn’t ask God for a princess though, because heck, this girl is way better than any other girl I’ve ever met. Despite her lacking in some things, I still love her. I love everything in her,” I stopped talking. She didn’t move an inch. She’s so focused when I told her this story.

 

“Breath, Taeyeon, breath,” I said. She looks lost for a moment before she finally regained herself. She coughed a bit and looked away from me. She’s madly blushing again and part of me is happy with it. I nudged her arms, which makes her slowly turned her head to me again.

 

“Do you know who she is?” I asked her. She didn’t reply, she didn’t even try to open . She’s just staring at me, with her pupil dilated continuously. I smiled and looked into her eyes. I want her to know what I felt. It was quite an intense gaze. We stayed for about a minute, without saying anything.

 

“It’s you,” I said, finally breaking the silence. A small gasps slip from . She blushed even more, which makes me can no longer control myself. I don’t want to waste any time again.

 

“I love you, Taeyeon,” I finally confessed. She gasped at me. Her grips tighten on the swing, her eyes dilated and her cheeks reddened even more. I didn’t dare to say anything. I’m scared she will run away because she didn’t like me. I was ready for whatever her response is. But she isn’t moving. She keeps staring at me with that surprised face. I lowered my head. Did I just fail? I was about to stand up when suddenly, her words halted me.

 

“I love you too,” she said quietly. I raised my head. She’s not looking at me. She was staring at her fidgeting fingers.

 

“Can you say that again, but please look at me,” I said. She raised her head slowly and she smiled her genuine smile. She breathed in and exhaled it.

 

“I love you too, Baekhyun-ah,” she said while smiling. I jumped and pulled her up to stand. I held her hands with both of my hand.

 

“I thought you will reject me,” I said. She smiled shyly.

 

“Why should I?” she said. I smiled. This is the best time of my life. It feels like some weight are finally disappeared from my shoulder and I can breathe easily again. The air feels ligther than before and I can feel my thumping heart slowed down a bit.

 

“Thank you,” I said while pulling her into a hug. Her petite body fits perfectly in my embrace, it feels like  as God only created her for me. I nuzzled her hair while smiling like an idiot. She hugged me back.

 

“Thank you too for loving me back,” she said. I can feel her smiles on my shoulder. I closed my eyes. So this is how heaven feels like.