It's A Complete Mess!

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V: 

It's been a few days since the incident with Minho. Even though we go for practices everyday without fail, I'm trying to be extra cautious. And try to avoid him as much as possible. Thankfully, luck's on my side and I didn't meet SHINee for the past few days since the incident. I want to see Taemin oppa, but this is no time to be lovestruck. And it seems like Katy wants to see Minho too. I'm kinda worried for her. She seems depressed for some reason. And it seems to be related to me... What is it? Just what is it? Is it the staircase incident where Minho caught me? According to me, I think that is 80% possible. She's the type to get uneasy and jealous easily. Maybe it's because he held me for a long time. But that was because I was still wobbly from falling. Wasn't I? Now I guess I have two thngs to worry about. 1. One is about Minho finding out about the situation, avoiding him and the rest of the SHINee members for the time being, and not letting him know the truth. 2. To clear Katy's misunderstanding. Man life is hard!

I was dancing and trying to perfect the steps that kept popping in my mind. But even so, I kept worrying about random things, still engrossed in dancing. "AERRI-SSI!!", I heard a loud voice. I snapped out and looked at the direction of the voice. I had totally forgotten the fact that I was in the company's practice room. The trainer looked at me and stared hard. I guess I made a mistake. I should've played attention. How dumb of me! "Sorry, seonsaeng-nim!", I bowed the deepest I could and apologized. The teacher looked at me and raised a brow. "For what?", he asked. "You were most probably telling us something important about the choreography we were learning, and I was engrossed in thoughts, dancing freestyle. I'm sorry! I made a terrible mistake!", I bowed again. The trainer burst laughing. I looked at him confused. Soon everybody started laughing. Ok. So, can anybody tell me what's so funny? The teacher spoke, "Though I am quite disappointed that you weren't listening to a word I spoke. I am actually impressed with you. I had actually asked the students to dance freestyle. Even though I played the music, you seemed lost in thought so I thought you weren't paying attention. But you started dancing exactly in par with the beat. It was perfect. But even after the music stopped you wouldn't stop dancing and didn't seem to listen, either. I'm really impressed with your passion for dance. You were so engrossed in dancing that you let go of yourself. That's the true sign of being a dancer..." Just a sec. What's going on? Why is he praising me? Shouldn't I be getting reprimanded for my unattentiveness instead? Why is he praising me so much? What did I do? I can't understand what he's saying. "... I'll be talking to the management about it. You've passed. Good Luck from now onwards. Well that's it. That's the end for today." What?! Wait! I was lost in thoughts! I didn't hear a thing. "Wait! Seonsaeng-nim! I...", I went up to the trainer. "I know. It's been a short time. But it's been a great time - Teaching you. Do well from now on. You're the best pupil I ever had. Fighting~! I wish you luck for your future!", he patted me on my shoulder and ruffled my hair. Hey! This is crazy! What's wrong? 

I turned around. Everyone was patting me on the back, congratulating me. Soon the hall was empty. I went up to Katy. She was standing in the corner of the hall, smiling brightly. Before I could say a thing Katy pulled me into a bear hug. "I'm so happy for you! Congrats on getting selected!", she squealed. "On what?", I asked seriously. "You weren't listening? Were you that lost in thoughts? You are the only trainee among us who has passed and progressed to the next level! You'll be trained by professional trainers of the company now. If you can pass their tests, you'll even be able to debut! Isn't that great?!!". These words seemed unbelievable. Really! I am happy! I am really happy that I might reach my goal before expected, but... it can't be now. This situation... right now... under the circumstances, only the pressure on me will increase. I have to get out of this situation first. I can't even be happy properly. I looked at Katy and smiled weakly. "You aren't happy?", she asked. "No. I'm happy. But, I'm worried for you. If I'm not with you, you'll be their next prey. They'll take their frustration out on you. I'll do something. So, just hang in there, ok?", I answered. "Mm! Don't worry about me! I'll work hard and join you soon! For now, let's go get changed and head back home.", we got out of the hall after switching off the lights and system and walked towards the dressing room. 

In SME, there're lots of trainees. And since the company has strict practice hours, there are washrooms with showers so that the trainees can freshen up if they wish to. There are lockers for the trainees too. Sometimes, we have to adjust with one locker for 3 trainees. But, its still convenient. That's one of the things I like here. I and Katy share a locker together. We went to the locker room and opened our locker. What's this? It seems like someone messed with our locker. I tried to search for my sneakers, but I couldn't find them. At last I somehow managed to find it, but it was torn to shreds. I guess it was Ji Eun and group. Katy asked what's wrong and I showed her my sneakers. We sighed. I threw the sneakers in the dust bin and walked off, picking up my belongings.

We were on our way out, when I met the one person I didn't want to meet the most, SHINee's very own Powerful Rapper, Choi Minho. I gotta admit his timing is great... in many ways. We bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo sunbae!". He looked at us and smiled. The rest of the SHINee members soon walked in from behind him. "How are you? After what happened a few days ago, are you hurt anywhere?", he asked concerned. "No, I'm not hurt anywhere. Perfectly fine! Thanks for you concern. And also thank you for that day!", I bowed. "It's no big deal! Don't thank me.", he replied. "What're you guys talking about?", Key asked. "Who got hurt? Aerri? You got hurt? What happened? How? When? Where? DId you get hurt anywhere? Did you go consult the doctor?", Taemin oppa flooded me with questions, extremely worried and panicky. I couldn't help but giggle. "It was nothing. I didn't get hurt either. I was just about to fall from the staircase, when Minho-sunbae caught me.", I replied. "Oh~", the other members went.

"Minho-oppa!", Katy suddenly burst. "You know what? Aerri, she got slected in some kind of unknown test we had and was promoted to the next level! She'll now be training with a few professional trainers. And if she passes the tests they give her, she may even debut!! Isn't that great!", she jumped in excitement. "Jincha!?", went Key. I just nodded. They all congratulated me. Taemin oppa suddenly held my hands and shook them, "I'm so happy for you!", he answered. I could feel my face burn up crimson. I avoided eye contact and spoke to the other members. They also looked at me and gave me a weird dork

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter