Surging Warmth

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin’s P.O.V:

“Ji Eun.”, Aerri said, stepping forward. “You know, I really don’t hate you.”, she said, smiling at Ji Eun. Ji Eun stepped back, gulping.

She was definitely scared; scared of this kind of Aerri.

Somehow, even though I shouldn’t be, for some reasons, I’m excited. Why I feel like this, I don’t know myself. But this woman, right now, she reminds me of our song, Juliette. The irresistible urge to have someone who can be so dangerous, it is that kind of feeling. Usually I don’t like girls with complex personalities. I like the bear type. Not the fox type. But even though, this woman is none of those, somehow, her personality, her looks, her everything, is very attracting.

“Ji Eun, do you know why I don’t hate you?”, Aerri asked. She looked into Ji Eun’s eyes and the latter stepped back again. “It’s because I see everything.”, she paused. “In this cafeteria, there might be many people who can’t stand the sight of me. But they wouldn’t show it. They’d keep it to themselves. But you, you are different. Only you openly show you hate and disgust for Me.”, she continued.

“N-No! It’s not like that! I-I’m not like that… I…”, Ji Eun stammered. “Don’t lie. Don’t try to lie. In front of me… you can’t lie.”, Aerri said. Ji Eun was frozen on spot.

It’s true. When Aerri is like this, I don’t think anyone could lie in front of her.

“That’s good!”, Aerri exclaimed. “I like it that you don’t lie about your feelings towards me. But! I would like it if you wouldn’t try these kinds of lame, boring, underhanded pranks on me.”, she said uninterested.

I must say, I’m impressed! Even after all that Ji Eun has done, how is she being so indifferent about it?!

“If you want me to ‘lose face, cower and beg and cry’, then try to face me properly. Come straight at me. Instead of pranks, try to fight me evenly.”, Aerri said.

I find it amazing! Her tone when she referred to herself losing face, begging and crying, was full of sarcasm. But it also showed her determination and maturity. How is she like this?! She has so many sides, so many forms; yet she is so lovable.

“But even if you come straight at ME, someone like YOU, would never be able to take me down.”, she boasted. Her sudden remark made me snap out of my trail of thoughts. “Do you know why?”, she asked, stepping forward and bending down to Ji Eun’s height. “It’s because here…”, she pointed towards her head, “… and here…”, she said, pointing towards her chest, “… We are different. I’m from a different caliber… a different level from someone like YOU.”, she finished. Ji Eun’s face flushed red in anger. She gritted her teeth. Aerri smirked. “Even if you try in vain to surpass me, you will never be able to.”, she remarked, still smirking.

“Next time, try somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter