Dazed & Confused

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin’s P.O.V:

I looked around the studio, desperately waiting for Onew hyung’s solo photo shoot to begin. Why is it that today of all days, everyone is so slow paced?

“What is it Taemin-ssi? You look kind of dazed? Is there something wrong? You seem to be in deep thoughts?”, the female Assistant Director noona spoke. I turned to look at her. She stood there with her flirty smile. She is weird. Why does she always come up to talk to me?

In all the years that I’ve worked with different people, she is the one noona who is known for flirting with each and every male celebrity that she sets her eyes on...  A really foxy flirty woman… And she particularly is quite hooked up on me now. I hate the way she seems so innocent on the outside but is so foxy on the inside…

I stood up and looked at her. She looked at me and smiled innocently. I just smiled back. You think I don’t know what’s on your mind?

“Nothing’s wrong noona. I was just waiting for my turn to come.”, I replied. “I need to go now. I should get my make up fixed by Minji noona. See you around.”, I said as I briskly walked off. She just stood there gaping as I walked away. It’s always better to stay away from people like her.

I walked into our waiting room and sat down on the couch. I searched for my tablet in my bag and soon began browsing through my mails. One mail in particular piqued my interest – the mail which Elisa noona had sent with Aerri’s pictures. My hand trembled a bit. Should I click it? Should I not?

I decided to see the pictures anyway. I clicked the mail and began viewing the pictures.

Ha~ How I wish I can fast-forward the time and go to Jeju-do already!

I let out a deep sigh as I went back to checking my mails.

“Yah Lee Taemin! Where were you?”, Key hyung asked. I looked up at hyung. I didn’t even notice they were here! “I was just in the studio, waiting for my turn. But, Onew hyung’s photo shoot hasn’t even started yet. So I came back.”, I replied, looking back into my tablet.

“And why is it that you were waiting for your turn when you are the last member to go?”, hyung enquired. I was stunned hearing that. “I’m last?!”, I exclaimed. “Duh! What were you doing when the PD was talking?”, Key hyung said, confirming that I was indeed the last member for the photo shoot. “But aren’t I always after Onew hyung? Why is it that today of all days, I am last?”, I asked, exasperated.

“Perhaps because ‘today of all days’ is a very important day, where you get to go to Jeju-do.”, Jonghyun hyung commented, from behind the magazine that he was reading. “Ah ha! So that’s why you were so anxious to just finish up this photo shoot~!”, Key hyung smirked.

At Key hyung’s comment, Jonghyun hyung kept the magazine aside and looked at me, wearing a very serious expression. “It’s no use fretting over it. No matter how early we finish the schedules, we will go to the airport only at 10 pm. You should know that I am just as excited as you are, perhaps even more. But see, I’m so relaxed. Save your energy for later Taemin-ah. Just chill for now; we’ll be going after a few hours anyway.”, he said nonchalantly, and went back to reading the article.

That’s… true. Jonghyun hyung and Elisa noona are dating already. They should be more excited, since this is going to be their first date. But Jonghyun hyung is being so calm and collected, like it doesn’t even bother him at the very least. I wonder how he’s acting like he doesn’t even care?

“Yah Yah Yah! You sneaky Kim Jjong Man! What did you mean by ‘I am just as excited as you are, perhaps even more.’? Are you hiding something? What did you mean by that?”, Key hyung asked suspiciously.

As expected of ‘The Diva’, Key hyung doesn’t miss a single thing. But wait… shouldn’t he know already? I mean I know that Jjong hyung and Elisa noona are dating. Does that mean he didn’t say a word about it to the others?

I looked at Key hyung. He had an eyebrow raised, looking at Jonghyun hyung, waiting for his reply. Jonghyun hyung looked at Key hyung, then at me, and then he sighed as he shut the magazine and kept it aside for once and for all. “Kibum-ah, you think too much. I didn’t mean a thing. I mean isn’t it exciting to go to Jeju-do and shoot an MV? We’ve never shot an MV in Jeju-do. I didn’t mean a thing Kibummie. You’re just thinking too much.”, Jonghyun hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter