A Happy Night

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V:

 

Walks are peaceful. Walks are relaxing. Walks are the ultimate stressbusters. But today… I feel otherwise. This walk back home, will go down in my history, for being the most awkward 10 minutes of my life.

In the heavy rain, we walked our way home. The ride on the bus was somehow less awkward. We kept staring out the window; that had practically nothing to show. But at least that way, we weren’t being awkward.

To be honest, I think it was just me. Taemin had been a real, considerate gentleman, and allowed me to stay in my own company. Although it was late at night, with the rain pouring down in thick sheets; he had understood how the current situation might have made me feel, and allowed me to walk at my own pace. He kept a decent distance away from me and walked just a couple of blocks ahead of me, turning back from time to time, just to make sure I was following him. I clearly saw that, but chose to act like I didn’t.

Am I being silly? I really am.

I stared at the broad back ahead of me. Unlike what I thought, the man before me was so completely different. My heart surged with warmth. And in that freezing cold night, amidst the heavy pouring rain; I felt a smile creep up my face.

I kept walking. Following Taemin’s steady footsteps.

I don’t know. Perhaps for a long time… A really, really long time… I guess I will always remember this day… Just walking like this… without a care for the world… Even in my wildest dreams, I don’t think I would’ve ever imagined it… Being together like this.

The sun will be out in a few hours, a new day will begin, and we will be busy shooting the very next thing tomorrow morning… But none of that matters to me. If only time was stopped; I’d want to spend every heartbeat of this moment… just like this.

 

Onew’s P.O.V:

 

I… am an idiot.

I looked at the clock that kept ticking away carelessly. In a few minutes, it’d be 5 am. Jonghyun had already gone to bed by now. Almost half an hour passed, since Jonghyun and Elisa-ssi came back. But there was no sign of the other two.

What were you thinking sending them off so late at night?

I yawned out aloud.

Ah~ Tomorrow… I’ll definitely have to get my makeup done for a little longer than usual to fix these sleepy eyes.

I glanced at the clock. 4:38 am it read. I went back to my room and wore my jacket, bringing a few towels together with me. I sat back on the couch, tapping away at the hand rest impatiently.

Only 10 minutes more. If they weren’t back in 10 minutes, I’d go searching for them.

I glanced at the clock, the time was steadily ticking away. Outside the window, everything seemed white. There was nothing that you could possibly see. It was pouring cats and dogs. Just like that, 10 minutes passed. I waited for a minute longer, in case they showed up. But they didn’t.

That’s it!

I stood up and went to the door. I wore my shoes, and opened the door. As soon as I opened the door, the strong wind splashed the rain to my face, and I found a surprised looking Taemin, standing with his arm awkwardly hanging in the air.

“Taemin!” I exclaimed in relief. “Oh hyung! You surprised me.” He said, a little stunned. “Where’s Aerri-ssi?” I asked, after not seeing her with him.

A hand shakily crept up from behind Taemin’s back. “I’m here…” she said, while shivering in the strong wind. She looked like a little lamb in the shivering, cold rain. The poor thing…

I ushered the two of them in, and ran back to the couch, getting them the towels that I had got from the room. I handed one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter