This Is It!

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V: 

Hahaha. I'm an idiot. Really really big idiot. Just yesterday, I unintentionally confessed to Taemin. I'm such a ridiculously dumb idiot, aren't I? And when is it that I realize what I blurted? Now. The very next day, when Katy's alarm rings with SHINee's song Ready or Not playing. Ha. Just what kind of a life am I living? I went up to the second floor and woke Katy up. It's surprising how she's sleeping like a log when such an upbeat song is playing. "Yah, you lazy bum! Wake up! It's time for breakfast.", Katy somehow dragged herself out of the bed and went to the washrom to freshen up.

She's seriously stupid. Being with her, I got swept into her pace and confessed to Taemin yesterday. How foolish is that! I'll have to warn her to keep shut at all times. If she hadn't spoken about my ripped sneakers, we wouldn't have had a conversation with SHINee about the whole bullying incident, and I wouldn't confess either. All because of that idiot. And to top all of that today's Sunday! Which means a whole day of practice at the SME company. Wow! Simply. WOW! Congratulations, me! On having such a terrible luck. It surprises me how you attract such bad luck. Really, good work!!!

I and Katy went to the cafeteria for breakfast. Somehow, today I want to avoid Taemin oppa as much as possible. But I have a feeling that my 'luck', so wouldn't allow that. So, just in case, I have to prepare a stoic face when I see him and act like nothing happened the day before. But before I could prepare my reactions my eyes met Taemin. God, do you hate me that much? 

 

Taemin's P.O.V: 

At long last, I finally managed to get my face back to normal. Even after the incident yesterday and Minho hyung's sudden shocking relevation of Aerri being his ideal type, I had somehow managed to brush it all off and strike a normal fun conversation with the members. Everything was perfect until the moment I caught HER looking at me. Yes. HER. SHE, the one who I wanted to avoid until my heart had completely forgotten about the incident. But, NO! Fate was cruel. And I guess my luck today is horrible. I should've gotten my daily horoscope checked, maybe it'd have a hint as to what would happen today.

Aerri and Katy looked at us for a while and walked straight towards us. Why!? Oh why?! You don't need to be an ideal dongsaeng and come and wish us a pleasant morning! I have a schedule after this, I don't want to go with a face that is redder than a tomato!! The two of them came closer and greeted us. I tried not to have an eye contact with Aerri at all, but she seemed to be looking at me. When she'd speak to me, I'd answer her but avoid eye contact. 

I guess she understood I felt flustered over what she said yesterday. I finally dared to look up at her. She was actually looking at me and smiling gently, but her eyebrows were knitted together. Wae? Why does she have that kind of expression on her face? Ah! Did I unitentionally hurt her? But I didn't mean to... I guess I should apologize... I was about to apologize, when she abruptly cut me off and began speaking. "Um... Taemin sunbae... I guess what I told you yesterday bothered you a bit..." Why? No. It didn't! In fact I was happy! "... But what I said back then was true. I'm not really good at putting my words together and expressing my feelings well, but I meant what I said, and I didn't think you'd end up being bothered with it...." I'm... not bothered... at all. I was so happy hearing those words from your mouth... that I was just embarrassed to face you again... She continiued, "... I really respect you. I want to be like you. I know, the way I put it together must have made you feel embarrassed. It was probably really cheesy and cringy..." It wasn't cheesy and it wasn't cringy either.... "... I'm sorry for making you feel that way..." No... why are you apologizing? I should be apologizing... so why are you... "... but I hope that we can get back to talking comfortably like we used to. I know, it might take a bit of time, so I'll wait patiently until you think you might be able to treat me the same as before..." No, this is not what I wanted... "Have a nice day sunbae.", she bowed and smiled a little. It was a sad smile. She looked at us - especially me, one last time and walked away.

Why? This wasn't supposed to happen. I hurt her by ignoring her, right? She made that kind of expression because she told me her true feelings, and I hurt her like that... I didn't mean to... I really didn't mean to... *Stabbing Pain* Ugh... somehow... somehow... my heart hurts... I looked at Onew hyung. "Hyung.", I croaked. "I hurt her, right?". Onew hyung looked at me and smiled. "You didn't mean to, but you did.", he said. Jonghyun hyung patted me and said, "Calm down a bit. Let your emotions die down a bit, then you can go and talk to her, comfortably.". "Prepare some gift as an apology. I will help you with it.", Key umma added, trying to comfort me. I looked at Minho hyung. He didn't say a thing, just looked at me and ruffled my hair. "Let's get going. Manager hyung is here.", he added and walked towards the car. 

I guess, I'll do as the hyungs said. I'll calm myself down and wait until I can speak to her comfortably. Then, I'll apologize. I got into the car and then we drove towards our destination.

 

Your P.O.V: 

Taemin was being weird when we met, so I decided to clear up the confusion. I blurted some kind of nonsense and didn't give him a chance to respond, and hurried away. Now, when I think about it, I feel weird. It's like a girl, who was rejected after confession, goes up to her crush and asks him to remain as her friend. That kind of Shojo manga kind of design. Though, I really love reading mangas, I hate that kind of set up. I don't know why. But now, I can sympathize with those characters. I feel really sad from reason, but as expected, being the metal hearted person I've become, I can't even cry to get rid of my hurt, sad feelings. 

Now this really . Katy kept giving me sympathetic looks. Though she didn't word it, I felt by just looking at her, she was worried whether I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter