Rainy Blue

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Onew’s P.O.V:

It poured. The rain fell heavily. It was late, and I was getting worried. I shuffled restlessly on the couch, occasionally tugging at the towels that I had prepared for the kids who were out in the rain. I heard footsteps at the entrance, so I rushed to the door with the towels, only to find a dripping wet Jonghyun and Elisa-ssi coming in. “Oh hyung! You aren’t sleeping yet?’ Jonghyun asked astonished. “How do you expect me to be sleeping peacefully when you kids are out with girls at this time?” I asked, passing the towels. Elisa-ssi took one of the towels with a smile. “You’re really considerate.” She commented. I just smiled at her politely. Jonghyun smiled at her and she walked off to her room after wishing us, in particular Jonghyun, goodnight.

“Say, Jonghyun?’ I spoke. “Yes, hyung?’ he said, amidst drying his hair. “Did you see Taemin and Aerri while you were out?” I asked. “Why? They didn’t come back home yet?” he asked. I shook my head. “Did you try calling him?” Jonghyun asked. “Ah! I forgot!” I exclaimed as I went back to the couch and dialed Taemin’s number. The phone rang for a while, before disconnecting. I tried calling him again, but it was switched off.

I guess his phone’s battery is dead. He probably didn’t charge his phone.

I turned to Jonghyun, who was now making his way to the couch after changing.

‘Hey! By any chance, do you have Aerri’s number?” I asked. “No. Only Taemin does.” He replied. “Elisa noona should have it though. I’ll ask her.” Jonghyun walked to Elisa-ssi’s room and entered it. He came back a few minutes later while scratching the back of his head. “She isn’t picking either. Her phone is switched off.” I couldn’t help but get worried.

 It’s almost 3:40 now. Where is Taemin?

 

Taemin’s P.O.V:

We reached the bus stop, drenched in the rain. We looked at the bus destination indications. “We are lucky. We made it in time. The last bus from here to the pension comes 15 minutes from now.” I informed. Aerri heaved a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness!” she exclaimed. “If we were any late, we’d miss it.” She commented. “I agree.” I said.

We stood in silence for a while. In the distance, the traffic light on the highway was vaguely visible, shining and visible despite the pouring rain. There was not a soul to be seen. Drenched in the rain, in the middle of the night, Aerri and I stood silently waiting for our bus. Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I shuddered. Aerri looked at me puzzled. I took my phone and looked at the caller id.

Onew hyung calling…

“It’s Onew hyung!” I cried. Aerri looked at me. Just as soon as I was about to pick it up, the screen turned black. I tried switching it on, but it didn’t work. “Jesus! My phone’s dead! Why now of all time?!” I said to myself. I turned to Aerri. “Can I call hyung through your phone?” I asked. “That won’t be possible. My battery is dead too.” Aerri replied. I sighed. “Will Onew-ssi be angry?” she asked, concerned. “Not really. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter