A New Experience

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V:

"Haa~ I'm exhausted~!", Katy sighed. I, Katy, Min Ah and So Hee were on our way to our new dorm. I was quite excited, whereas the other three were obviously sleepy and exhausted. Like mangakas who just met a deadline, they eyes were drooping and shoulders hunched. "Why are you guys being like this? Cheer up! We'll be recording now.", I said, excited. "Sorry, but even if we want to, we don't have enough strength to be excited.", So Hee answered. "Yeah. That's cause someone told us about a test and homework last night, and we stayed up late, awake like owls the whole night, cramming everything.", Min Ah taunted, the others nodding their head in agreement. "Well, that's because some people were so into their lala world, fantasizing about debuting as idols, that they forgot their responsibility as students.", I replied, indifferent. To which the others remained silent.

"Why are we arguing anyway?", I asked. "You guys go and freshen up. I'll go and pick Jae Young.", I said, parting ways. "Let's go together.", Katy insisted. "No! You guys are tired now. Freshen up and go take a nap. I'll come back with Jae Young and prepare the lunch. And while you're at it, don't you DARE mess with MY KITCHEN. IF you guys try cooking, fail and destroy the kitchen, NO SNACKS for you guys. ESPECIALLY YOU, KATY!", I warned. "C'mon~! I'm not THAT bad either!", she pouted. "You're right! You're not that bad... You're the worst. I clearly remember the last time you blew up my kitchen, back when we were in London. So, I'm especially warning you, not to touch anything.", I reminded again. The three of them nodded and we parted ways.

I went to Jae Young's school to pick her up. She was surprised to see me waiting for her. "Unnie! Why? How come you're here?", she asked. "I'm here to pick you up. Let's go!", I smiled. She smiled back at me and we went on our way back to the dorm.

When we reached back home, we found the three of them asleep on the couch and the floor. "Why are they sleeping here?", Jae Young asked. "Probably waiting for us to return. Jae, go and freshen up. I'll put them to bed.", I patted her back. "Let me help you.", she urged. "No, it's fine. Besides, they are too heavy for you to carry them back to the room.", I said as I picked Katy up first (bridal style) and carried her back to her room. "Waah~! Daebak! How can Unnie do that?!", Jae Young asked surprised as I carried each of them back to their room. "That's cause Unnie drinks lots of milk to have strong bones and grow taller!", I chuckled, posing. "You're already tall!", she laughed. We both giggled over the silly joke and went back to freshen up.

I quickly freshened up and started cooking. Soon, Jae Young came and began helping me with the little things. The lunch was prepared quickly, thanks to Jae Young's help. It was a simple meal of rice, kimichi, dakjjim (Braised Chicken with Vegetables) and mapadubu (Mapa Tofu). I asked Jae Young to wake the others up as I set the table. The others came and awed at the food set on the table. "Waah~! Did you cook all this?", Min Ah asked, surprised. "I did with our maknae's help.", I said ruffling Jae Young's hair. We sat down for lunch when the bell rung. Jae Young received the guests. It was So Jin and Elisa, accompanied by another young woman.

"Mmm~! Smells good! Are you having lunch?", So Jin asked coming towards the table and admiring the platters set on the table. "Yes, we are. Would you like to join us for lunch?", I offered. "Oh! Why I'd love to!", she squealed in delight. Luckily, I had prepared a large quantity of food. And it was good that I prepared a large quantity, because the food was soon disappearing.

"Anyway, I came here to introduce you to someone. This is Alex Lee, your manager. She's a Canadian-Korean. So you guys will probably get along well.", So Jin spoke as she ate. We all bowed at our manager and she smiled. "Don't be so formal. I'm not that old.", she said and we began introducing ourselves to her and she listened silently.

After our meal, we went to the company. As we went to the recording studio, I couldn't contain my excitement. The equipments and the mics everything was set. It was quite a big room. And there were around five to six mics that hung from above.

So this is how a recording studio is... This is going to be the first time, we'd record a song. Oh my God... I'm so happy. A smile spread to my face. "Are you happy?", So Jin asked amused. "Very!", I answered, excited. She instructed something to a man and he nodded. Alex wasn't with us. She had gone somewhere, ever since we came to the company. So Jin instructed us to wait for Alex and then left, wishing us luck on our first recording.

After a while, Alex came back carrying a few papers and followed by a few people. They inroduced themselves as the people who would be helping us in the recording and we humbly bowed to them and introduced ourselves.

Alex handed us a file with the song lyrics. There were a total of 6 songs. The staff adviced us to sing the ballads first. We first sang a ballad, 'Lonely Person'.

After the staff was done with setting up the instruments and devices, we wore our headphones and the music began to play. And we began singing...

 

(Intro) On this chilly night when I'm a lonely person

          There's only one thing I think of: just you.

          Because my heart still hurts too much about saying goodbye,

          I'll go to sleep repressing how much I miss you (oh woah)

 

(Verse) I wish to hear your voice now.

            I think dearly of your arms now.

            If the days in which I can't see you continue on,

            Then maybe I'd rather say goodbye like this

            The very road itself is long and distant and has no answers.

            That's why I need a powerful proof to believe in now

            So please, just for a little while is fine

            Hug me now, because I feel like I'm about to freeze

 

(Chorus) On this chilly night when I'm a lonely person

              There's only one thing I think of: just you. (woah)

              Because my heart still hurts too much about saying goodbye,

              I'll go to sleep repressing how much I miss you. (no woah)

 

(Verse) Everyday, within the same daily life,

            I was healed by your smile again and again.

            Because I miss you, I'm thinking of excuses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter