The Feelings Are Mutual

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator’s P.O.V:

As Taemin thought about what happened just a few minutes ago; the whole day’s hard work and tiredness took its toll on the young man. He moved from his earlier uncomfortable position, and looked to his left; where sat, the girl who made his heart flutter.

He looked at her from his eyes that were half shut, his heavy eyelids blinking sleepily. He looked at her in that half-sleepy state, perhaps filling his vision with her beautiful smiling face, before he fell asleep.

“Dear God, are you listening? It’s me, Taemin.”, he mumbled, in a voice audible only to himself.

Taemin looked at her smiling face before closing his eyes. He smiled. He found it funny how just seeing a girl smiling to herself made him smile too.

Taemin began speaking to his only Confidant again.

“Dear Lord, You’ve always been my confidant. You are to me, a friend from whom nothing is hidden. You know I kind of like her, don’t you? I really want to be close to her. But Lord, I really don’t know what to do to get closer to her.”

“Dear Lord, there’s nothing in this world that You are incapable of doing. I’m not asking for anything more. You’ve already given me enough to be thankful, happy and satisfied for; but I want to ask you for just this much – after this Jeju-do trip, I wish for me and Aerri to be closer to each other. Make it so that we understand each other better. I’m not asking you to get us together, miraculously; because at this point of time, it would be too much for even me to take. I just want that after this trip, we get just a little bit closer to each other when compared to now. I know you’re there for me, so I’ll keep trying my best in my very own little ways. But just this time, help me by granting this small wish of mine… Thank you Dear Lord…”

As Taemin’s conversation with the Lord ended; the young man drifted off to a peaceful sleep which his slender body so urgently required. As he fell deeper into sleep, he slumped to his left, and his head rested on Aerri’s shoulder, which made the latter open her eyes in surprise.

 

 

Your P.O.V:

I rested my head on the headrest and relaxed. There was nothing much to do at this point of time. So I decided to stop looking out of the window, which had practically nothing to show, and instead get myself a quick power nap.

I closed my eyes and made myself comfortable on the seat.

It hadn’t even been 5 minutes since I closed my eyes that I felt something, or rather someone, resting on my shoulder. I opened my eyes in surprise, only to find Taemin resting his head on my shoulder.

Taemin’s soft silky hair covered his face messily. With my free hand, I neatly combed his fringes, to reveal his beautiful angelic face.

I wonder why you always have bangs that cover your forehead. You should show off your forehead more. You look more hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter