Surprising Turn of Events

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's P.O.V:

A week has passed since 'the locked up' incident. 

When Aerri showed up at the practice the next day, Hyun Jae gave her a apologetic smile. After the practice, he got down on his feet, groveled and apologized. And Aerri somehow managed to convince Hyun Jae that he was forgiven, much to the latter's relief.

According to Hyun Jae, Ji Eun deemed him as useless, and dumped him, which Hyun Jae is grieving upon.

SHINee has gotten busier. And away on their SHINee World Tour.

Meanwhile, the lives of Aerri and her friends is soon going to take a new twist.

 

 

Your P.O.V:

It was a hearty lunch time at University. I, Katy, Min Ah and So Hee were all chatting happily. Suddenly Katy tensed up in anger. "Guys...", she said pointing at the other end of the cafeteria, where Ji Eun stood, glaring at us. "That b***h!", Katy grumbled. I held her hand and gave it a small press. She looked at me and came towards our direction. As she got closer, she commented, "Someone's looking really fine after being locked up.". So Hee stood up, boiling in rage. "Why you...!!!", she was about to go confront Ji Eun.

Ji Eun was startled at the sudden confrontation. But before So Hee could do anything, I pulled her back. All of them, including Ji Eun, looked at me puzzled.

"Calm down, So Hee.", I said. "But Unnie! She...!", So Hee muttered. "C'mon! I can't keep wasting my time on dogs now, can I? When you walk down a street, many stray dogs keep barking at you. Are you going to tell each and every single one of them to hush? No, right? Don't bother.", I said.

Katy burst out laughing. Min Ah snickered and So Hee was just giggling. Ji Eun on the other hand fumed with anger and stomped off. "She deserved it.", Katy remarked. "Unnie, you make some good comments!", Min Ah complimented. "I know!", I chuckled.

We were talking and chatting merrily when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked at the screen.

Unknown Calling Number withheld

I answered the call. "Hello?", I answered. "Hello! Is this ___________-ssi's number?", a cheerful woman's voice spoke.

I was shocked at someone calling me by my real name. Usually everyone here called me by my nickname, Aerri. So I began wondering who the caller was.

"Yes, it's me. Who's this?", I asked. "Oh! You don't recognize me? It's me! Kim So Jin!", the woman answered. "Sorry. But I don't think I know someone by that name.", I replied. "That's mean! I'm the one who auditioned you!", the woman whined.

The one who auditioned me? Kim So Jin? Who's that? Ah! That woman!

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know! I'm sorry! Please excuse my rudeness!", I apologized. "Oh~hohhohohohoho~!", she laughed. What a high pitched laugh. And what's with the 'hohohoho'? What is she? Santa Claus?

"It's fine! It's fine!", she continued. "By the way, why did you take the trouble to call me, So Jin seonsaeng-nim? You could've asked me to come over personally when I'm at the company.", I said, trying to be as polite as possible. "No need to be that formal with me!", she replied.

"Anyway, the reason why I personally took the trouble to call you was because for the past couple of weeks, we've been spotting you with a few fellow trainees, practicing into the night. One of the superiors of the company, Mr. Kang Il Song-nim, wants talk to you all. All 5 of you. Personally. So, I called you up to get you all to come meet us at sharp 3 PM, today.", she concluded.

I was too shocked to think straight. I just replied with a simple 'Yes' and the lady on the other end cheerfully ended the call. "What is it? Why are you petrified?", So Hee asked. "A woman from the company, Ms. Kim So Jin, called me up. She said that for a few weeks they've been spotting all of us practicing. So, one of the superiors of the company, a certain Mr. Kang Il Song-nim, wants to meet all of us, today at 3 PM sharp."

Everyone's mouth fell.

"Did we get into trouble? I don't remember doing something wrong.", Katy said, unsure and worried. "I've been a trainee for quite a long time in SM. Many people practice late into the night. But, I don't think anyone has gotten into trouble so far.", So Hee said, assuring Katy. "Anyway, let's not come up with baseless conclusions. We'll go there and see for ourselves.", I assured. "So, that's how you wrap it all up as the oldest, huh?", Min Ah commented. "Well, that's because I'm the eldest among you guys, so I have some kind of responsibility to take care of you guys.", I said, kind of embarrassed. "Yeah, like a mother bear.", Katy added. "What do you mean by mother bear?!", I pouted.

And once again the mood lightened.

After the class ended, all of us quickly headed back to the dorm. Freshening up as quick as we possibly could and headed straight to the company. At the company, we met up with Jae Young. She greeted us at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter