I Wasn't Expecting This!

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V:

The sunlight shone through the window and lit my face. The bright warmth woke me up. And I sat up on my bed. Today... is gonna be a long and tiring day. Half a minute later my alarm rings. Great! Isn't it? I get up right before the alarm rings, so what was the point of setting an alarm? But if I don't set it up, I get up WAY after the time I'm supposed to. Seriously... life ! I got up and went up to freshen myself. I looked at myself in the mirror. This is an all or nothing gamble. The first thing you do today when you see SHINee is, 'Dogeza'. If necessary, grovel on the ground and beg for forgiveness. Today's mission is: Sincere Apology. I walked out of the washroom and woke Katy up. And after she was done with dressing up, we went to have breakfast and headed straight to class.

Got to work really hard today! Fighting! I told myself.

- Lunch Break -

I and Katy were walking out to the cafeteria when someone called out to us, "Mm... Aerri? Katy? Do you have a minute?". We turned to look around and saw, those girls from yesterday, excluding Ji Eun. What are these two doing here? And where's that Ji Eun? If I remember clearly, their names are So Hee and Min Ah. What do they want now? I eyed them suspiciously. Katy looked scared a bit and stood behind me. "What do you guys want now?", I asked sternly. They seemed to hesitate a bit, but then So Hee spoke up, "Just give us a minute. Nothing more. All we want to do is talk. We won't do anything! We wouldn't dare to do anything!". "Fine! What is it?", I asked. "Not here. Can we speak somewhere else? Where there's nobody around?", Min Ah asked. I thought for a while and then agreed.

We walked over to the Cafeteria. Min Ah found a secluded seat and we all sat down. "So, what is it?", I asked. "Actually, we wanted to apologize for what we did. I know that what we did doesn't deserve forgiveness, but... after what happened yesterday... we finally realized our mistakes, and... we were wrong. It was the two of us who hit Katy yesterday. We're sorry. Please forgive us.", So Hee spoke. She trembled a little and so did Min Ah. They both looked down, fiddling with their fingers. "What's your age?", I asked. "Huh? W-What?", Min Ah asked puzzled. "I asked, what's your age?", I repeated. "We're both 16. We skipped a few grades before...", So Hee said, still confused. "I see.", I replied. "I'm 17.", Katy said. The two of them were extremely confused, and looked at us with a surprised expression. I couldn't help but chuckle. They raised their eyebrow in confusion. "Call me Unnie! I'm 18.", I smiled. "Eh? Yo-You mean you forgive us?", Min Ah asked. "I'm your Unnie too!", Katy pouted. The two of them looked bewildered. "There's no reason why I should be mad at people who've understood their mistakes, should I? I'm not that bad a person.", I smiled my best smile. And so did Katy. They seemed touched and a bit teary. "So... are we... friends now...?", So Hee asked. "Of course!", Katy cheerfully answered. "What happened is in the past. Now we are friends. So let get along well from now on.".

The rest of the day, we spoke to each other a lot and got a lot closer. They don't seem as bad as I thought they were. We spoke about a lot of random things and it turned out that we actually get along really well. I hope the rest of the day passes smoothly like this too...

 

Taemin's P.O.V:

Today's quite a big day. After what happened yesterday, it won't be right for me to continue acting weird in front of Aerri. So, I'm going to apologize to her. With Key hyung's help, I prepared a chocolate as an apology. She should be a little happy with this, right? I mean not everyone receives a chocolate from a World Famous Handsome, Hot and y Guy, who is also a Popular Singer and an Awesome Dancer, like me, right? Maybe that was a bit too much, but yeah, I am Popular. So this should work out. Luckily, since we're scheduled to have our concert next month, we're having practices at the company. So, there's a really good chance that I will meet her today.

- After Practice -

"Ah, so exhausting~!", Jonghyun hyung said, rolling on the floor. "Maknae! Go get some drinks for hyungs!", Minho hyung ordered. "Wae?! Why me?! I'm tired too! In fact, I danced the most! Why are you all so mean?", I protested. "Yah! Lee Taemin! You think that you can talk back to your hyungs because you're 22 now? Aigoo~! You're still nothing but a baby! GO! Get us drinks, maknae!", Key hyung pushed me out of the hall. "You're really mean and heartless... all of you!!", I pouted. "Aigoo! Our baby is so cute when he pouts!", Key hyung teased.

I just sighed and walked towards the cafeteria. I was about to go get the drinks when I saw Aerri getting drinks too. This came sooner than expected. I rammaged my hands through my pockets and found the chocolate. Good thing, I didn't leave it in the hall. This is a good chance. I will apologize now. "Hey, Aerri!", I called out. She turned to look at me and bowed. She looked a bit hesitant, but then she smiled. I went up to her and asked, "Getting drinks? I'm going to get drinks too. We were practicing and were really tired, so the hyungs pushed me out of the hall to go and get them drinks. So mean, right?". She just giggled. Hmm... seems like she's in a good mood... I guess I can apologize now. "Actually... I wanted to speak to you about something... about what happened yesterday... perhaps, can we talk for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter