A Confidant

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V:

We arrived at the company with an awkward atmosphere surrounding us. We were walking together as we got off the car. But it somehow felt like we were avoiding each other. Or rather, Taemin was avoiding me.

It was not because of the ‘bed scene’, nor was it because of our encounter with Elisa. But it was because of the awkward conversation we had in the car on the way to the company.

Frankly speaking, I have no idea why Taemin’s being like this. It feels like he has something troubling on his mind, but I don’t know what. But, I have this feeling that it’s highly likely that Elisa told him something. That meddlesome, jobless female! She has no other work, other than meddling in others matter! I bet all my fortune that she made some unnecessary comment.

I looked at Taemin. “Are you sure you aren’t hiding something from me? What did Elisa tell you?”, I asked. He flinched at my question, and I raised my eyebrow in suspicion. “W-Why do you think so? We really didn’t talk about anything!”, he lied. “You’re lying! You just stuttered now.”, I said. “You’re just thinking things.”, he replied not looking at me. “Tell me what it is. Don’t lie. I know Elisa like the back of my hand. She definitely said something. Tell me.”, I insisted. “It’s nothing, really. Well... she did say something but I won’t say what it is. It’s our little secret.”, Taemin said, winking at me.

And as expected, my insides felt mushy because of his aegyo. I ignored him and looked at my feet. “Arrasso! I won’t ask anymore.”, I pouted, a bit disappointed. He talks about Elisa like they knew each other for a very long time.

 “Thanks.”, he said, with a genuine, relieved smile. It must have been something quite important. I thought I’d get Taemin to tell me, but it didn’t work. There’s no point in asking Elisa she won’t tell me the truth anyway. Forget it, it must be something pointless anyway.

We both walked towards the cafeteria in silence. The cafeteria was empty. “I guess they’re not here. I’ll call them up and ask where they are.”, Taemin said. I nodded in agreement. Taemin spoke to Key for a while and then hanged up. “They’re in the practice hall. Let’s go.”, Taemin smiled. I went along with him.

We arrived at the hall, and as expected the members of both SHINee and IGNyt G, were trolling at us. “Oh ho~! So you’re back, huh~?! What did you guys do~?”, Jonghyun rolled his tongue. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing happened. You guys are cheap!”, Taemin reprimanded the members.

The members weren’t pleased that their little joke and teasing didn’t last long. But soon the topic changed. “Aerri-ah, are you fine now?”, Key asked. “Yes! I am fine now. I was fine from the beginning.”, I stated in a matter of fact manner. “You didn’t get burnt by the soup or anything?”, he asked. “Don’t worry her skin is made of metal scales and pork fat, nothing will happen to her.” Katy joked. “Do you wanna die?” I joked back. “My gags are better than that!”, Onew boasted. “Yeah! You mean something like saka saka masaka?” Jonghyun teased.

And with that, another hearty conversation began.

Soon, Alex came to pick us up. We bid our goodbyes and left earlier.

“Girls, I have some news to break.”, Alex announced. “What?”, we all asked in unison. “Tomorrow, you guys are going to have your photo shoot. We’ll be starting at 8, in the morning. So, you guys won’t be able to attend your university or school tomorrow.”, Alex announced. Katy, Min Ah and So Hee pumped their fists in the air. Jae Young just smiled. And I, I was okay with anything.

“Ah! And one more thing, the company is planning to request your university for correspondence instead of regular attendance. As for, Jae Young, she’ll have to continue her regular classes until she finishes high school.”, Alex added. “Is that fine?”, I asked. “It’s absolutely fine, as long as, 1st, you guys are okay with it and study well, and 2nd, you guys can manage both your idol schedules and studies. Many idols do the same. You can attend some important classes, or regular classes, if your schedule permits. Well, that’s up to you, though.”, she finished. “I’m okay with it.”, I replied. “What about you guys?”, I asked. “Definitely! We are more than happy to compile!”, the trio said in unison.

“But let me remind you, or rather warn you, your grades don’t have to be best, but it shouldn’t be the worst either. Fairly average will do. Since, you are still students, and also debuting at a young age, you have lots of expectations to meet up to. That’s what the public and the entertainment industry demands.”, Alex stated in a matter of fact manner.

What Alex says is true though. Now that we are becoming idols, there are a lot of expectations for us. Not only from our near and dear ones, but also the company, the sunbaes, the hoobaes, the educational institution we study in, the public, not to forget, the industry. Many people who we can’t let down, many people who’ll be supporting us, and many people who’ll be helping and working with us.

At first we thought everything would be alright after we debut. We thought it would be fun. But, now things are changing. Everything seems hectic now. The practices, the dances, the vocals, the photo shoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter