Skipping Heartbeats Under the Starry Sky

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your P.O.V:

"Taemin sunbae!", I called out. He turned to look at me, surprised. "Oh Aerri! You surprised me! What is it?", he asked. "Can I have a moment with you?", I asked.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Stay Calm.

 

 

Taemin's P.O.V:

"Can I have a moment with you?", Aerri asked. What's with her? Why does she have that kind of expression which feels like she's going to the frontlines of a battlefield? Did I do something? I don't remember doing anything bad. In fact, lately we get along well! Why is she making such a scary face? And why the HELL AM I CHICKENING OUT?! Calm down, Taemin! Stay calm! 

I thought for a moment, and replied, "Um... yeah... sure. Do you want to come to the practice hall? Or do we talk somewhere else... alone?". I wonder why I sound like a scaredy cat. What's wrong with me?! 

"Somewhere else... Alone.", she replied. Something's fishy! "So... where do we go?", I asked. "Shall we go to the rooftop?", she said. "Fine. That sounds great!", I answered. The two of us walked upstairs towards the rooftop. Somehow, it was really awkward. She was walking in front of me. Not once did she look back at me. Nor did she strike a conversation. We just walked... towards the rooftop in an awkward silence.

Aerri opened the door to the rooftop, and we both stepped out. The air was a bit chilly, though its summer, and the wind blew lightly. The night sky was filled with tiny stars and the full moon shone brightly, so the rooftop wasn't as dark as it should be.

It was somehow really beautiful. And beneath this beautiful night sky, Aerri looked even more beautiful. I stood there looking at her, a smile creeping up my face. Suddenly, she turned to look at me and our eyes met. She gave me a smile. It was gentle, warm and filled with sincerity.

I felt my face flushing. I averted my eyes and looked at the sky. "A-Ahem! Th-The night sky is really beautiful tonight, right?", I asked, trying to hide my embarassment. "Yeah... it's really beautiful.", she answered. I looked at her. She was looking at the sky, smiling. You look much more beautiful than the night sky Aerri... I wish I could tell you that... "So... wasn't there something you wanted to tell me earlier?", I asked, not trying to look at her. "Huh? Ah! Yea! Um... that is...", she hesitated. I looked at her again.

She took off her bag and started searching for something, then looked up at me. "Can you turn around for a moment?", she asked. "Wae? What are you going to do?", I asked, my eyes widening. "Nothing!", she pouted. Omo! So cute! "Just turn around.", she said.

I instantly turned around. My heart banging against my chest. S-She's dangerous! What kind of pheromones does she release?! Really... I'm going crazy! From now on, she's one person I must avoid! Seriously, if my heart keeps jumping like this every time, I may die of a cardiac arrest!

"Sunbae... You can turn around now.", she chirped. After a moment of calming myself, I turned around, slowly. Aerri stood there, both her hands behind her back. "Mmm... Well... Actually, I wanted to give you... this!". She held a pastel green colored bag in front of me. "Here! This is for you!", she said. I blinked in confusion. "Happy 22nd Birthday, Taemin sunbae!", she said, a wide smile spreading across her face. She handed the bag to me and smiled.

I was rendered speechless. Aerri stood in front of me. Her eyes weren't looking into mine... they were looking at the night sky. She fumbled with her fingers, and remained silent. "Thank you.", I said. "Can I open it?", I added. "Of course!", she smiled.

I opened the bag. There was a card on top... A hand made card! It was the prettiest card I'd ever seen in my 22 years of life! "Did you make this? I asked, astonished. "Yup!", she answered. "I'm quite good with my hands! Actually... I didn't have enough money to buy a card, so I made one. It's a bit shabby...", she said. "No! Definitely not! It's the most beautiful card I've ever received!" I protested. She chuckled.

"I'm reading it.", I said. "Sure, go ahead. It's etiquette to open the gifts given to you on spot.", she replied. "Okay...", I said.

I opened the card and began reading it...

 

        To Taemin sunbae, ^ ^;;

             Happy 22nd Birthday! (^o^)

To a sunbae, who has been so good to me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter