Jeju-do's Air

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Onew's P.O.V:

 

Out of the airport at last, we all scrammed into what seemed to me like a mini bus. The managers and other staff members occupied the backseats. Jae Young and So Hee sat together, instantly dozing off again. Key had, fortunately or unfortunately, ended up sitting next to Min Ah, and the two of them seemed to not really get along well. I hope they don’t fight…

Taemin and Aerri were, obviously sitting together. Aerri giggled to the lame jokes which Taemin cracked, which up until now only I was able to comprehend. Occasionally, the two would indulge in a little playful skin-ship and seemed to thoroughly enjoy each other’s company. Taemin was, surprisingly, striking a casual and natural conversation with Aerri. There was not a single ounce of awkwardness between them. They seemed to be closer than what they were before we started for Jeju-do.

I guess Jeju-do’s air is doing them some good…

Right in front of me sat Minho, who was completely spaced out, staring blankly at the ceiling of the bus. He must be thinking something. What could it be? Most probably, soccer…

From the corner of my eyes I saw Katy approaching Minho, a little bit too much fidgety with her hands. Jonghyun next to me, seemed to take notice too, as he leaned forward anticipating. “Is it a confession?” he murmured. “Most probably, not.” I answered, confident that Jonghyun was thoroughly misunderstanding the situation.

“Would you mind if I sat here, oppa?” she asked Minho. Minho instantly snapped out of his day-dreaming and smiled at her. “Of course! Have a seat.” He offered. Katy gladly accepted his offer as a smile crept up her face and she sat down. The two of them began talking about soccer enthusiastically. While Minho explained enthusiastically, Katy just kept glancing at him lovingly. He’s being a fool not taking up her clues… I guess I should talk to him sometime soon…

Beside me, Jonghyun clicked his tongue as he slumped back on the seat, disinterested. “Chet! How boring!” he groaned. I just looked at him and he just gave me a lazy smile.

Soon, Elisa-ssi walked in. Jonghyun’s eyes lit up in amusement. Weird reaction…

She walked up to the driver and sat on the seat next to the driver’s seat. Jonghyun just looked at her amused and then looked around the bus casually. Something’s wrong with him… The other day she was hitting on him. Then they were htting on each other. She literally threw Aerri out of her original seat next to Jonghyun, and they were hitting on each other... And now he's acting like this...

The bus rolled and everyone began chatting merrily amongst themselves.

I glanced around the mini bus. While everyone was talking to someone or another, I and Jonghyun just sat together silently like idiots. I, had nothing to do except stare at everybody having a good time. But Jonghyun, on the other hand, seemed to have a lot in his mind. He simply took out his phone, unlocked it, read something, smiled to himself, and then locked the phone again; shoving it back in, in his sweatshirt pockets. He then continued to look around.

Everyone’s acting weird since we’ve touched down at Jeju-do. Maybe the air here is making people weird.

Quite a long time passed. As much as I observed, other than Taemin and Aerri, and Minho and Katy, everyone else was on the verge of dozing off. They ought to. It was late. I glanced at my wristwatch.

2:07 am… It’s too late. Why haven’t we reached the hotel yet? Just how far is it?

“Don’t you think the hotel we’re going to this time around is a bit too far?” I asked Jonghyun beside me. “Sure is!” he agreed.

“Elisa? Where exactly is this hotel that we’re going to? How far is it? Why haven’t we reached yet?” Aerri asked, voicing our question. “We aren’t going to a hotel. We are going to a pension house.”

“Pension house?” Aerri questioned.

“Yeah! I heard it was an abandoned pension. The owners were to move away to the States pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter